Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toby's just posted a pic of him and Bale on Insta!!
What, where?

i-cant-see-shit.jpg

Well if we win the title I was wrong about both, and many others besides.
I will eat shit for all time about Mourinho if we win a title.

I am on my deathbed and my wife and children and grandchildren are there, and my youngest great-grandchild comes up to me and says "You were wrong about Mourinho you dumb fuck." I will probably piss myself laughing and die right then and there.

In other transfer window news...has Aubangawhatsit signed a new contract yet?

Surely if he has then it should be all over the news seen as it involves clubs and players of such stature?

:mourhandlaugh:
Man it was obnoxious. They really milked it. Nothing but Arse on twitter/sports pages. Those gooners sure love their tweeting.

Scenes on this forum when Spurs win the title and everyone has to eat shit because they were either:

1) Wrong about Mourinho, or;
2) Wrong about ENIC/Levy
Just wondering, why would anyone be 'wrong' about either? This feels a bit like Dele being shit for 10 games then popping up with a goal and folks chiming in "take that haters" as if that goal absolves him from the previous 10 shit performances.

We saw what went on Sunday. Did we not? We know from Mou's mouth and the lack of action that we were not in for a LB...until after what transpired on Sunday. No one should get high marks for not recognizing we needed a LB just because we scurried to get one that's been on the market since the season's ended.

If the Bale move was all DL's secret little plan why is it happening now instead of before the season since nobody else wants him? This can be awesome for supporters but DL shouldn't get a gold star for this. If this was his plan this could have been negotiated at any time. It's not like RM were trying to keep a hold of him FFS.

we can be happy that these things are happening and our season's prospects are looking to improve but that doesn't change the facts on the ground. Mou served up that relegation level shit on Sunday after the preseason that everyone said he should be afforded and ENIC left us with that team due to lack of planning and sound recruitment. And now they serve up the ultimate short-termism to placate the masses.

So let's rejoice together and not start the recriminations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom