Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should be an interesting couple of seasons. Will be interesting to see how we transition our ageing squad over the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Really Old : Lloris, Toby, Sissoko, Hart, Bale
Old : , Son, Kane, Moura, ,Gazza, Lamela, Doherty, Aurier, Davies

Young : Bergjwin, Ndombele, GLC, Winks, Dele, Sanchez, Foyth, Tanganga, Foyth, Sess, Gdeson, Clarke

So, those calling for Gedson, Foyth, Sess, Sanchez, Clake, Winks, Alli to be sold need to be careful what they wish for!!

Should be an interesting couple of seasons. Will be interesting to see how we transition our ageing squad over the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Really Old : Lloris, Toby, Sissoko, Hart, Bale
Old : , Son, Kane, Moura, ,Gazza, Lamela, Doherty, Aurier, Davies

Young : Bergjwin, Ndombele, GLC, Winks, Dele, Sanchez, Foyth, Tanganga, Foyth, Sess, Gdeson, Clarke

So, those calling for Gedson, Foyth, Sess, Sanchez, Clake, Winks, Alli to be sold need to be careful what they wish for!!
Then again, legitimately none of the young ones have proven themselves to be ready as a starter yet. Maybe GLC if you're liberal but he only established himself at the end of the year and struggles with injuries.

Literally every player from the top two lines has to be replaced. I don't want to rely on the young ones listed there as key starters... just nowhere near CL quality.

Then again, legitimately none of the young ones have proven themselves to be ready as a starter yet. Maybe GLC if you're liberal but he only established himself at the end of the year and struggles with injuries.

Literally every player from the top two lines has to be replaced. I don't want to rely on the young ones listed there as key starters... just nowhere near CL quality.

Exactly; we HAVE TO win this season and next. Our young players may not be the right quality now; but they need to be in 2 or 3 years. Ndom, GLC, Bergwjin, Dele, Sanchez, Holjberg, Regulilon, Winks should all be in their absolute prime, with Foyth, Tanganga, Sess, Gedson, Clarke all having grown into good players.

I also forgot Parott and Skipp. We have some really good young players with great potential.

Of course, all those players won't be around in 2-3 years and; we will have signed some other young talent, but you have to give credit where due that we have a really good core of young players for the next 5 years which can be improved on when we eventually sell some of our current stars.

I wonder how Eric Lamela is going to take giving his No. 11 back?
Feel for Lamela. If you could put his attitude into 90% of the squad, we would have won something.
Just soooooo injury prone, and never got a year of free flowing games under his belt.

Came into his own that 2016 season, and was a genuine part of why we were so good. Like Dier, people probably forget how important he was that season.

But I don’t know what’s best......he’s not even effective as a sub anymore really. Sentiment aside, I think he should move on.

TFC is gonna crash when the club announces Bale isn't it

:mourlmao:

So hard not to make a comparison with the Pikeys.

They sell out their history and move into a circus tent, virtually for free, claiming they're no longer 'run like a circus' and it'd get them competing for Europe. Fast forward to 2020 and they're selling their best academy prospect to a relegation rival (yes you read that right, relegation, not European places) over missed payments for their donkey striker Haller.

Meanwhile, we are paying for our stadium IN FULL, have amassed massive debts to do so, gone a year over time and over budget, seen revenues dive due to covid yet have still spent 215m euros so far since moving in last year AND now are signing arguably the LB in the La Liga TOTS last season AND bringing back Gareth fucking Bale.

:dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol:

Feel for Lamela. If you could put his attitude into 90% of the squad, we would have won something.
Just soooooo injury prone, and never got a year of free flowing games under his belt.

Came into his own that 2016 season, and was a genuine part of why we were so good. Like Dier, people probably forget how important he was that season.

But I don’t know what’s best......he’s not even effective as a sub anymore really. Sentiment aside, I think he should move on.
I feel like Bale was at our club YEARS ago, yet we bought Lamela with his money and the guy is still wearing a Spurs shirt.

From the documentary, my feeling is that Lamela has a psychological issue with injuries. He is scared to be injured and reacts to every single muscle pain with caution.

We have seen time and time again Kane work hard and get back from injury ahead of schedule; but I don't feel Lamela is as quick to want to play so soon after an injury.

To be honest, the attitude we should demand of our players is that they should fight to play every week; and if they can't get a regular spot; demand a transfer. Only our under 24 players should be content with sitting on the sidelines season after season. For all the criticism of Rose - at least he wanted to play and did something about it.

From the documentary, my feeling is that Lamela has a psychological issue with injuries. He is scared to be injured and reacts to every single muscle pain with caution.

We have seen time and time again Kane work hard and get back from injury ahead of schedule; but I don't feel Lamela is as quick to want to play so soon after an injury.

To be honest, the attitude we should demand of our players is that they should fight to play every week; and if they can't get a regular spot; demand a transfer. Only our under 24 players should be content with sitting on the sidelines season after season. For all the criticism of Rose - at least he wanted to play and did something about it.

I vaguely recall Poch telling Winks iirc a couple of years ago that sometimes you just have to play through injuries and it always hurts.

Sonny in the documentary awkwardly trying to lie about his broken arm to the physio's just goes to show what a national treasure he is.

:pochcry:

lamela is a waste of a shirt and has been for 3 or 4 years now, don't get the love in at all.

I feel sorry for Reguilón. Fantastic signing it’s going to be, he’s going to be completely overshadowed by Bale a day later or even if they are announced same day 😂 my guess is we will announce Reguilón early today, then possibly Bale tomorrow in a big reveal. Reguilón seems more advanced, where as Bale they are going to need to do the media stuff etc. Going to be massive for our media team.

Back
Top Bottom