Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any manager who keeps picking Sissoko is just asking to be sacked, no begging to be sacked

I appreciate Sissoko has improved over the last few years and is a good lad but we need much more from our midfielders.

What are you doing Jose:mourfacepalm:
Fair enough, but there were sitters missed, which wasn’t the midfielder’s job. How about looking at why our attackers aren’t hitting a barn door.

I am not giving excuses because it should have been 5-0 at half no matter what but I think the game is much different if the clear penalty is given. Maybe they stay in their 11 men in the box formation but I think it may have opened them up a little more.

Also yes it was a strong team but with the way Dier, Sissoko, Davies and PEH played today I would have gladly taken 4 u-23's to replace them.
sorry, what?.................when you post I start suffering from narcolepsy

"Tanguy is in a process of evolution. Last season he wasn't. He was stuck in a situation where I couldn't see evolution. Now he is in a moment where he is training very, very well. Today he gave us what we needed in the last 30 minutes. Now I believe in Tanguy. I never doubted his ability but last season I doubted his effort and motivation. Now I think that Tanguy can do well for us."

As weird as it may sound this actually could be massive for us!

He will on Sunday - hence my point

I hate him - sorry
Fair enough..

I just don't understand why he's the one that gets the shit about creativity. even today when he isn't playing and then when he does play he be the deepest midfielder and comparing him with someone who was bought on who didn't even have to have any defensive responsibility.

I think he's a better player than sissoko and hoijberg.

Should he probably be more of a squad player? yeah...i wouldn't argue that, if we had someone better.

PEH isn't a better passer, dribbler than Winks though.

He's just better at tackling and pressing.
Ndombele and Lo Celso are far better dribblers than both of them in any case, so if all Hojbjerg is doing is pressing/tacking/defensive actions, while not being a total liability on the ball, then that's fine.

Ndombele and Lo Celso are far better dribblers than both of them in any case, so if all Hojbjerg is doing is pressing/tacking/defensive actions, while not being a total liability on the ball, then that's fine.
Yet Lo Celso and Ndombele are non entities defensively.

Mourinho always plays a double pivot.

I think he's a fine defensive-minded LB that has his uses when we are giving up the ball.

Is he a world beater? No. Is he a dynamic fullback that will contribute to goals? No.

That doesn't mean he's utterly useless though.
Sorry to break it to you but that's the real definition of a useless LB

Back
Top Bottom