Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was an English teacher here for 12 years full time, then combined it with translating for a couple of years, for the past 14 or so years I've only done translating, apart from the odd class to help someone out

You'll probably get a call mate, my other half got called in to teach in Parla, they are desperate for teachers in Madrid right now.

I am going to tamper any expectations with this addition. Sounds like a month out and we all know his injury record. He will add something special to the side and the nostalgia is real, but I fear people are thinking he is going to start every game and I just don't think that is realistic. We are going to manage him like Dembele late in his career. Which for a world-class player is still great.

I am going to tamper any expectations with this addition. Sounds like a month out and we all know his injury record. He will add something special to the side and the nostalgia is real, but I fear people are thinking he is going to start every game and I just don't think that is realistic. We are going to manage him like Dembele late in his career. Which for a world-class player is still great.
Think we'll use him more than Dembele, but still be clever with about it.

I’m fine with a lethal front 3 for big matches that can break down any defence and resting him for the rest. Our squad is deep enough now to allow it

Another bonus is we finally have a player in our ranks who’s won something in the game. When was the last time we had that? That’s what we were crying out for in peak Pochettino years, an old experienced pro who knew how to win things.

Last edited:
I’m fine with a lethal front 3 for big matches that can break down any defence and resting him for the rest. Our squad is deep enough now to allow it

The 20-odd biggest league matches and select cup games... Just enough for 20 goals and some sweet sweet silverware will be fine just fine.

Pav wasn’t a flop!
:avbshit:

20 goals in 78 games for us is hardly a roaring success though.

Although I will say this....... Singing Super, Super Pav, Super, Super Pav...... Especially at our first home champions league match against FC Twente........ Well let's just say that's in my top 10 White Hart Lane memories.

:avbshit:

20 goals in 78 games for us is hardly a roaring success though.

Although I will say this....... Singing Super, Super Pav, Super, Super Pav...... Especially at our first home champions league match against FC Twente........ Well let's just say that's in my top 10 White Hart Lane memories.

I liked Pav. He was fucking dreadful but at least had the decency to smash in a worldie every 5 or 6 games.

Back
Top Bottom