Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else already finding the golf stuff really old, everytime his name comes up some absolute jokester goes ‘what’s he playing for the Tottenham golf squad?? 🤣🤣🤣’ as if they’re a comedic genius.

My reaction to a Bale golf joke

EvergreenComplicatedAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Gareth Bale's agent on extending his loan deal at Tottenham: "I am sure that if things really worked out well, we'd have no problem with Bale continuing at Spurs for next season. This is the club he wants to play at. I don't see any problems if he wants another year."

Gareth Bale's agent on returning to Real Madrid: "Hopefully the subject won't come up. He will be so successful at Tottenham he'll want to stay and it will be a simple deal to do the rest."

He's going to need a 2nd season to make his debut?

My first language is Italian, and I have always thought that it must be very difficult for a British guy to learn any of the Latin derived languages, especially for a footballer, as they can survive without having to learn a language at a high level

The majority of British footballers struggle with English, let alone some foreign lingo.

Talk of end of November now ready for City match
the way this is going, it's highly possible that no supporters will be allowed back in stadiums for months,really concerned that we won't get the chance to see him play and welcome him back. A horrible thought. Just our luck

the way this is going, it's highly possible that no supporters will be allowed back in stadiums for months,really concerned that we won't get the chance to see him play and welcome him back. A horrible thought. Just our luck
I have a feeling we shall be watching Gareth in a Spurs shirt next season as well as this one. I'm convinced he will see out his RM contract with us. Let's hope we will have a full season then to cheer him on. :thumbup:

Does anyone else get the horrible feeling that Mourinho is going to play him as a 10 instead of on the wing/wide forward and then still play lucas?

I just got a bit worried when Bale said in his interview “I’m not going to be doing those 90 yard runs anymore” (which Jose demands from his wingers) and “I spoke to Jose and he told me the positions he wants me to play”.

This makes me think it’s not going to be the obvious position we think, and it worries me as it means there is even less chance of seeing Kane, Son, Bale, Tanguy & Lo Celso all on the pitch together.

Just thinking out loud here :avbshit:

Does anyone else get the horrible feeling that Mourinho is going to play him as a 10 instead of on the wing/wide forward and then still play lucas?

I just got a bit worried when Bale said in his interview “I’m not going to be doing those 90 yard runs anymore” (which Jose demands from his wingers) and “I spoke to Jose and he told me the positions he wants me to play”.

This makes me think it’s not going to be the obvious position we think, and it worries me as it means there is even less chance of seeing Kane, Son, Bale, Tanguy & Lo Celso all on the pitch together.

Clearly he means left back, duh...

Yes, I think playing next to Kane will be an option.

It releases Bale from the obligation of tracking back the opposite LB - and it allows Jose to keep Lucas in the team. When we won against Woolwich, we did use a traditional 4-4-2, with Sonny and Kane up front. The objective was to close the spaces out wide. In these situations, it would make sense to have him centrally. And to be honest, I think Bale would do well from central areas in general, even against teams expected to sit deep - basically, playing in Dele Alli's position.

My problem with using this formation on a regular basis is that it leaves only two midfield places - and I really like the prospect of a Hojbjerg + Ndombele partnership, with Lo Celso ahead of them coordinating the pressing and the attacking movements; an inverted triangle. Of course, it's possible to have it all simply by playing Bale as a RW - on paper, it's definitely the right move.

I think the key word was when he mentioned "positions" Jose wanted him to play - it will probably change according to the opposition.

COYS

Last edited:

I think you will see a 442, with Bale furthest forward and Kane dropping in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom