Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sometimes I’m genuinely unsure why I bother. Once it was still 1-0 past the 85th minute it was a guarantee that either we’d give them a heinous goal or the refs would. Spurs!

:dierno:

It’s outside the box but it denies a clear goal scoring opportunity for Kane. Refereeing these days is so poor.

Part of me feels a bit sorry for the officials. Before VAR at least they knew they had to make the decisions. Now there are nagging doubts in the back of their minds throughout the game. Do I raise the flag? Do I blow the whistle? Responsibility is no longer a clear thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the officials would prefer to take the risk of being called all the names under the sun, but make the decisions themselves, on the pitch, rather than exist in this weird, fake, techno nightmare.

I'm not a referee, but I reckon that anyone who gets to officiate at Premiership level has got pretty broad shoulders and wants to accept the responsibility. They should stand up and say enough is enough.

The game is wrecked at this level and above.

As for the handball rule - it's just blatant nonsense.

Just doesn't make you want to watch any other football. I'll dare say i'll watch Tuesday but other prem games with VAR and the handball rule forget it. These things were brought in to stop all drama and arguing and its just made everything 100 times worse. Its like a soap opera now not a sport.

Part of me feels a bit sorry for the officials. Before VAR at least they knew they had to make the decisions. Now there are nagging doubts in the back of their minds throughout the game. Do I raise the flag? Do I blow the whistle? Responsibility is no longer a clear thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the officials would prefer to take the risk of being called all the names under the sun, but make the decisions themselves, on the pitch, rather than exist in this weird, fake, techno nightmare.

I'm not a referee, but I reckon that anyone who gets to officiate at Premiership level has got pretty broad shoulders and wants to accept the responsibility. They should stand up and say enough is enough.

The game is wrecked.
Also it seems to have less errors when it was only up to the refs. VAR came as a way to legitimate unfair deciosions it seems.

We should have had 5-6 goals and that decision shouldn't have even mattered. Just really unlucky today. Doesn't help that we hit the woodwork a few times and the keeper played the game of his life. Just one of those games.

I used to be for technology but the problem I didn’t foresee is stupid rules and allow how it would be randomly applied ignoring one call for another. It has failed needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom