Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't expect Mourinho wanting to work with a 21 y.o. boy. Needs finished articles like the 2 meter tall tree, Wout Weghorst. 28 years old, can't run, would complement our long balls nicely and somehow he's on the bench as we "speak"

Wout???? He was on the bench? Well we all know wout that means then. Surely he is on his way to New Wout Hart Lane

Yeah, I see loads of other sides buying 10, 12 players this window. Why not go the whole hog and ship in a nice, round 25?

I know it is impossible to happen but I would prefer watching 11 quality players trying to gel with a number of needed players brought in than watch 11 players of mixed quality and crap but who have "gelled" fumble around and trying to make up for their deficinies.

If familiarity is the issue I think that is easier to overcome than a lack of talent. But their is no way we are fixing our issues this transfer window even if we could so we will see Dier, PEH, Winks, Moura continually run out there and Kane playing games in the Ukraine on Thursday and Burnley on Sunday.

Isn't this guy like Benfica's most hated player and the worst finisher ever?

Well, he scored yesterday.

And over the last 2 seasons has played 5,886 minutes which is the equivalent to 65 games.

Played: 65
Scored: 37
Assisted: 14

Involved in a goal every 1.27 games (or every 115 minutes)

That's not a bad record...

But apparently it's a loan deal and we can't register any more loans. Unless we send Gedson back to Benfica and get this guy back in return.

I've seen Seferovic play a few times - he isn't the best. But he's a striker ey.

No striker still.

All this talk is just that..... talk. Fallacy.

Maybe the club think we are fcuking idiots but this is wreckless in the extreme.

3 games coming up. Kane will be lucky to get through them unscathed, even if he plays only 135 minutes. The games are piling up.

Son now out, who is no replacement and still we are fed lie upon lie upon lie.

We will deserve what we will inevitably get.

Well, he scored yesterday.

And over the last 2 seasons has played 5,886 minutes which is the equivalent to 65 games.

Played: 65
Scored: 37
Assisted: 14

Involved in a goal every 1.27 games (or every 115 minutes)

That's not a bad record...

But apparently it's a loan deal and we can't register any more loans. Unless we send Gedson back to Benfica and get this guy back in return.

I've seen Seferovic play a few times - he isn't the best. But he's a striker ey.
True enough. I have seen him play a few times, both for Switzerland and Benfica, and it is true that he has missed chances but he's always seemed like a hard worker and good off the ball.

Might be a good option, depending on the price.

Doesn't Son being out just emphasise the need to get someone in who can play more than just as a 9. We need someone who can play as a wide forward/AM as well as a 9. I would go balls out for Leao (Mendes client too) the kid's a very decent 9, but can and has played like Son as an AM and wide forward.
I think it will be very hard slash impossible to get him out of Milan, they started new project injecting decent amount of money and will be very reluctant to let him go. Son isn't really winger/9, he likes to drive inside but is completely lost when surrounded by bigger amount of defenders. Bergwijn is exactly the same type I think, neither of them can play 9. We have someone to cover Son, as we've seen definitely worse option, but it's not 9. I think we could use a 9/10 mix more, someone who can play with Kane and drop behind him, as well as use spaces made by Kane dropping deeper.
Well it's Milik by the way.

We need a commanding Centre half for sure. Dier was terrible in the air throughout Todays game, somebody like Carroll just causes mayhem against our present centre halves

Back
Top Bottom