Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Mourinho was just talking out of frustration from the result.

I don't know how he would know he'd be out for a while or not - especially as it's not like Son pulled up at any point during the first half and if it was a serious tear that would keep him out for a while, we'd have certainly seen it.

I reckon he probably felt it tight at half time and all types of massaging, stretching and physio within that 15 minutes didn't alleviate the pain so they took him off and Son was perhaps still feeling it at 90 minutes so Mourinho is expecting the worst.

Fingers crossed anyway

The striker rumours are just as strong as the CB rumours do once again laughable by you to try and say the CB is a priority but striker isn’t.

And as much as you try to spin this January nonsense you do the need for a striker was present long before that.

Yeah - the those striker links are definitely as strong as Steve Hitchens being photographed in Milan with their sporting director and manager commenting on the links .

Skirnar is the CB we are after, name me the CF if the rumours are just as strong?

I gave the final few minutes of the first half a rewatch specifically to watch Son, how he was moving, his body language.

Now, there didn't seem to be any opportunities for a lungbusting run in the last couple of minutes so we can't check that out - but he really didn't look like a guy who was carrying a hamstring injury. No reaching back and holding his thigh, seemed happy enough jogging around looking to get involved in play.

I dunno, unless he injured himself walking down the tunnel I don't get it.

I gave the final few minutes of the first half a rewatch specifically to watch Son, how he was moving, his body language.

Now, there didn't seem to be any opportunities for a lungbusting run in the last couple of minutes so we can't check that out - but he really didn't look like a guy who was carrying a hamstring injury. No reaching back and holding his thigh, seemed happy enough jogging around looking to get involved in play.

hopefully then, like has been said in the last few posts - precautionary.

Yeah - the those striker links are definitely as strong as Steve Hitchens being photographed in Milan with their sporting director and manager commenting on the links .

Skirnar is the CB we are after, name me the CF if the rumours are just as strong?

Milik

Son’s also already been overplayed which probably contributed to this injury. He should never have started Thursday in a crap EL qualifier, let alone play 90 minutes. If we get bounced, we get bounced. Wish Jose would just focus on the league and the FA Cup and realize that it’s impossible to compete effectively on 4 fronts this season.

Why have the bin dippers basically never had an injury to any of their front 3 in the past 2 years - and we have basically never had our 1st choice front 3 available in that time????

:dier:

Well the manager's not afraid to play their youth team in the league cup when they have to. They've been lucky but he manages their workload well. I suppose it helps that they have a backup striker...
:mourglasses:

A hamstring should only be for a few weeks, the international break looks like it's coming at the right-time for us. Should allow Bale and Son to hopefully get fully fit.

I get what you're saying here but you really think favoritism/biases based on race/nationality etc. doesn't exist? I'm not sure how you view the Bale/Real Madrid situation but I doubt Real Madrid fans/management would have treated Bale the way they did had he been Spanish after all he did for them.

Kane grew up near the White hart Lane, supported Spurs growing up and came through the academy. It's not favoritism you moron. Fans just have more affinity with someone who comes from a similar working-class background, in an area where it's predominantly Spurs supporters and it's very close to the stadium.

Why have the bin dippers basically never had an injury to any of their front 3 in the past 2 years - and we have basically never had our 1st choice front 3 available in that time????

:dier:
800px-Syringe_5_With_Drops__ZaldyImg_.0.0.jpg

Kane grew up near the White hart Lane, supported Spurs growing up and came through the academy. It's not favoritism you moron. Fans just have more affinity with someone who comes from a similar working-class background, in an area where it's predominantly Spurs supporters and it's very close to the stadium.
Bloody hell worsted worsted is this really you writing ?

Well the manager's not afraid to play their youth team in the league cup when they have to. They've been lucky but he manages their workload well. I suppose it helps that they have a backup striker...
:mourglasses:
Before this season Liverpool didn't have any fullback cover, no adequate replacement for VVD, Mane or Salah. The only position they were stacked in was the CM position. All 7 or 8 of their most important players basically played 95% games in every game in the last 3 seasons yet the only long term injury they got in that period (apart from CM spot) was Allisson last season and Salah in the CL final in 2018 (but he didn't miss any subsequent match as it was the last match of the season). Liverpool played 100mph in each game in that period and Kloop is also a very tough trainer. So why don't they get injuries? City have tremendous depth and chop and change their players every other week yet their injury list is almost as long as ours. Chelsea's important players also rarely ever got injured over the years.

Yes, other factors like playing and training style do come into play but I feel like it's mostly to do with luck.

Before this season Liverpool didn't have any fullback cover, no adequate replacement for VVD, Mane or Salah. The only position they were stacked in was the CM position. All 7 or 8 of their most important players basically played 95% games in every game in the last 3 seasons yet the only long term injury they got in that period (apart from CM spot) was Allisson last season and Salah in the CL final in 2018 (but he didn't miss any subsequent match as it was the last match of the season). Liverpool played 100mph in each game in that period and Kloop is also a very tough trainer. So why don't they get injuries? City have tremendous depth and chop and change their players every other week yet their injury list is almost as long as ours. Chelsea's important players also rarely ever got injured over the years.

Yes, other factors like playing and training style do come into play but I feel like it's mostly to do with luck.
If it happens once it's luck. Twice it's a coincidence, every day? It's not luck.

They've been lucky for sure but it is known Klopp revamped their whole medical and physical teams once he took over. They must be doing something right. Either that or being asthmatic prevents injuries.
:mourhandlaugh:

I did the same - he had a sprint about the 42nd minute, only a short one but not the sort of thing he could do if he had a significant tear, and he didn't pull up. After that, as you say, he jogged around looking comfortable enough, and walked off normally at half time.

Even though he's a tough bugger, as has been said, there's no way you can even jog on a serious tear - you just can't hide that sort of thing.

Jose was mad at the world when he gave his comments, giving one word answers etc. I wouldn't be shocked if this was just his frustration coming out and Son's injury's not that bad. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom