Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're suggested to get 25m for Smalling tho'...... Is that a safe bet to you?

Arse spend all but 30m on 2 CBs from the lottery that is France.... One in particular very much young and unproven.

Leicester have that lad lined up for about 50m.....

How little are you expecting to pay exactly for a player you'd hope is at the level we desire?
True, the market is crazy, so many average/unproven players going for fortunes, and unless you're willing to spend insane dollars, you don't get nobody. As much as he irritates me, I do like that in DL that he refuses to be taken for a ride and pay more than a player's worth (well, he should never have paid that much for Tangz but that's rare). Just wait & see now I guess. If we do spend 30 mil for Skriniar and he proves a killer that we can ship to Real for 60-70 in 2 years, I'm happy as Larry 😊😎

Interesting thread about tackles and interceptions:

Our own PEH is in the highlighted group, but just goes to show ball recoveries are a bit different than tackles and interceptions, or at least that is how I am reading it.

Ndidi is a fucking stud, which I think we all knew, but had some false hope that PEH could be him.

But the one we may be able to get is Bennacer from AC Milan. Too late in the window now, but maybe January? We need a player that can control the middle of the pitch that isn't Winks.

Bennacer is mustard. So funny the Goons let him go and could have resigned him for a fraction of the money they’d have to spunk on Partey. Milan getting a bit of momentum now, would be hard to chisel him out. Juve or someone similar will probably go for him next summer.

Skriniar clearly not close. No way would he be starting tonight.
Dias started just before his transfer went through to city, so did Bruno Fernandez in January before he went to UTD.

They could be trying to hurry us up, I think we may be waiting for the result of tomorrow’s game, I think our business is done if we some how crash out of the EL.

It’s also worth noting that Inter actually need Skriniar right now as they have been playing fullbacks at centre back recently other people said.

...Primarily a LB.
He's played a fair bit at CB for both Ajax and Argentina. He's undersized but so was Javier Zanetti to whom he's often compared, and good ol Jav could put in a real shift at CB,so can Tag who's a proper grafter, he's strong, fast and also quality on the ball. He's ace at leading the pack at Ajax, he's got European cup experience. I think he'd do great as part of a 3 with Toby (middle) and Sanchez (right). I think he could be for us what Gaby Heinze was for Utd. We'd just need Toby to find his best again, that's been buried for ages now. And you never know, Davison might at last justify his price tag and potential

I want my money back!!!! :dier:
I feel like i have given away too much info this window so i am now protecting my sources, however there are a couple of deals we are working on which are very close but i cant say anymore than that, however there is also a chance we could end up with no one , apparently Don Levy thinks that if you can beat Chelsea with your B team and all you Penalty scorers score then you don't need a backup striker, however if he gets a good deal the money is there, im happy to reveal all by next week at the latest, i would reveal sooner but we have been infiltrated by spies from SC and i dont want them stealing my ITK! :mourthumb:

I feel like i have given away too much info this window so i am now protecting my sources, however there are a couple of deals we are working on which are very close but i cant say anymore than that, however there is also a chance we could end up with no one , apparently Don Levy thinks that if you can beat Chelsea with your B team and all you Penalty scorers score then you don't need a backup striker, however if he gets a good deal the money is there, im happy to reveal all by next week at the latest, i would reveal sooner but we have been infiltrated by spies from SC and i dont want them stealing my ITK! :mourthumb:

Sounds legit.... I'm so sorry I doubted you.... :dierpochhug:

Payday tomorrow.... I'll see you alright, fam.

I love Bennacer.
Won't happen, unless we get rid of someone in the middle. Personally, I don't know why we signed PEH and not someone like Benz in the first place. Hoj has a lot of convincing to do and you just know that as soon as Mou goes and we get a modern coach to replace him, PEH is out the team. Unless we get Tony Pulis and his 60s footy brain in...

Won't happen, unless we get rid of someone in the middle. Personally, I don't know why we signed PEH and not someone like Benz in the first place. Hoj has a lot of convincing to do and you just know that as soon as Mou goes and we get a modern coach to replace him, PEH is out the team. Unless we get Tony Pulis and his 60s footy brain in...
What utter nonsense you’re chatting.

Speak for yourself, I’ve been impressed by PEH the last couple of games.

I would say the southampton manager is a pretty modern coach, and he made HOJ his captain until he decided to leave, so not sure what you are on about, he looks like he is a decent signing and is getting better each game.

Amazed at the lack of outgoings so far, surely there's a lot of players who will be gone by Monday and yet we're hearing nothing about it?
Maybe it's cause nobody is keen to splash any big cash on deadwood like Rose or on an unproven guy like Foyth...or on Mr troublemaker-with-shit-for-brains Aurier? Go figure.

I think Sess will leave on loan, hopefully not to Celtic where the level is shocking. I'd rather he goes somewhere like Palace, So'ton...or to a decent team in Germany.

Gaz will get loaned out to, either Spain or Ger.

Amazed at the lack of outgoings so far, surely there's a lot of players who will be gone by Monday and yet we're hearing nothing about it?

A few outs will go in the domestic transfer window (ie to Championship and EFL clubs) which closes Oct 16.

Only ones we expect to go on or before Monday are Rose and Foyth (loan or perm) and maybe Sessegnon (loan) - plus any established overseas players such as Aurier or Sissoko but hopes on these going don't seem to be that high.

I'm fuming we signed him.

I doubt we will go in for Bennacer but if we did, even with how unimpressed I have been with PEH, a rotation starting 3 of PEH, Bennacer, Ndombele and GLC would be solid group for our midfield.

Back
Top Bottom