Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you gonna sign a Diallo from France, may as well try & get PSG's Diallo. He's a LCB who can also play LB, former Borussia player, experience of big games, was actually pretty decent before he joined psg where's he's waxed their bench. Psg need to sell 60m worth of players due to ffp and I reckon they'd let him go for 20 tops. He'd feel reinvigorated at Spurs and could prove a shrewd signing now Skriniar is off the table
I haven't seen him, but todd1882 todd1882 has been in my ear about him night and day!

Anyone know this guy?

Allegedly we made an inquiry today....
Google saying that we have been interested in him since 2016. Back then there were third party ownership issues that made any deal to an English club difficult, Liverpool were also interested. Two years left on his contract, problem is Leverkusen don't sell their players cheaply. However our last two forward signings from Leverkusen kinda worked out well:sonlol:

There is a guy playing for Brest. His name is Ibrahima Diallo. I encourage you to watch him play. Athletic as fuck, can actually play football, and destroy.
So now that you think you have some cred from the Fofana info you think you can drop another name up in here? We are after other strikers now since this guy didn't seem to pass muster. He's not even starting for his club.

I don't disagree with the statement per say, but it should be a question of 'can he do what he was bought to do?'..... It's flawed to be holding him to an alternative criteria now we've got him through the door.

Did we buy him to be creative? I very much doubt it.
Aye that's fair, definitely. That's pretty much what I said to Five in another part of the thread. Let's be honest, if Hoj plays midfield destroyer all season, gets no goal or assist...but we win something and/or get top 4, we'll all be buzzing and he'll get praises, deservedly so. As will Mou

From my understanding our offer is close to the number inter told his agent he could go for.

It's a watch this space one imo as wages etc are agreed-ish in principle.

As for King, I'm told he's the back up option and as such we've been talking. No rush on this one though, so will exhaust other avenues before it comes to that.
Skrinier

Yes, let's give him time, of course. But I'm just not sure he has elite ball-playing qualities, he's a great destroyer but that seems to be it. However, if that's what Mou wants and we get enough creativity elsewhere (Tangz, GLC), that's cool with me. Tbh we've needed that bite ever since Mousa left so. Only thing is MD could play a bit too
I think we bought him to be a destroyer , leave the “ball playing qualities” to GLC and Ndombele and leave the dirty work for Hjojberg

He's played a fair bit at CB for both Ajax and Argentina. He's undersized but so was Javier Zanetti to whom he's often compared, and good ol Jav could put in a real shift at CB,so can Tag who's a proper grafter, he's strong, fast and also quality on the ball. He's ace at leading the pack at Ajax, he's got European cup experience. I think he'd do great as part of a 3 with Toby (middle) and Sanchez (right). I think he could be for us what Gaby Heinze was for Utd. We'd just need Toby to find his best again, that's been buried for ages now. And you never know, Davison might at last justify his price tag and potential
Zanetti was a top class CB? That’s news to me!

Last edited:
I haven't seen him, but todd1882 todd1882 has been in my ear about him night and day!
He's a good player, still young, lots of potential. Only reason Dortmund let him go is cash offered by PSG and he wanted to play for Tuchel. But hasn't worked out cause PSG gonna PSG. He's big ang strong, would do well in PL, especially as an underdog playing for an underdog. I can see Mou loving a player like Diallo

If you gonna sign a Diallo from France, may as well try & get PSG's Diallo. He's a LCB who can also play LB, former Borussia player, experience of big games, was actually pretty decent before he joined psg where's he's waxed their bench. Psg need to sell 60m worth of players due to ffp and I reckon they'd let him go for 20 tops. He'd feel reinvigorated at Spurs and could prove a shrewd signing now Skriniar is off the table
This sounds like an excellent idea. I imagine he'd be able to play well in a 3 too. We should look out for this one.

do we know which clubs are struggling financially? I know Celtic have been mentioned due to them missing out on the CL, but surely this is all leading to a perfect Storm for levy, if clubs are struggling they will be forced to sell before the window shuts or risk going under and if this is the case the bids we have made will look a lot more appealing to the selling clubs if they realise we are the only offer they have , of course it could all go wrong like the Grealish deal .

Zanetti was a great class CB? That’s news to me!
First, Zanetti was an unbelievable player, regardless of position. He had it all. And you'll find that although he mostly played as a FB, he also played as a CB. You're welcome

Hmmm nah, I saw JZ play many, many times. One of my all-time favourites. I did watch Tagliafico several times too, I guess that's where your shitty post comes from cause I said I read in mags that he could help out at CB too, though only ever seen him as a LB on telly. But yeah, very constructive from you pal, keep going
Read it in a magazine mate...

First, Zanetti was an unbelievable player, regardless of position. He had it all. And you'll find that although he mostly played as a FB, he also played as a CB. You're welcome
He might've played that position once or twice in his entire career as an emergency measure, but he was a fullback, who moved into cm later in his career.

Care to elaborate or you just dissing?
I was only expressing MY OPINION, which is what a forum is about. I like a ball-playing midfielder and I was only saying I'd have preferred Bennacer over PEH, but we got Hoj in and I'm gonna support him and praise him when he deserves it. I'd love it for him to contribute creatively to the team and not just do what he's already good at ie breaking up play/roughing it up
A ball-playing DM is great but Bennacur would have cost a lot to get out of Milan so you have to be realistic. I’m happy enough if Hojbjerg protects our defence, wins possession and gives the ball simply to Tanguy and Gio.

Back
Top Bottom