Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably about 10 times to be honest. Obviously could be wrong but being pretty bang average 10 times out of 10 is pretty strong.
Just wondering, where'd did you see him play? Mainz, BVB or PSG? I ask because I've not seen him much at PSG but I did previously. And if you saw him at BVB quite often he was played at LB.

It's more that Hojbjerg isn't a defensive midfielder.
He is though isn't he and that's what I think Jose wants him for? He will sit deep and break up play. He's not particularly creative but will recycle quickly and give it to someone else.
I genuinely thought that was what he was bought to do although I know everyone has a different idea of what a defensive midfielder should be.

Let's give him a chance. He's not what we wanted/dreamed of, but at the same time I think he's what we needed ie a fighter a la Mousa. We've got plenty other guys to do the fancy flair stuff, but when it gets tough, you need a PEH. Maybe he's gonna be a Scotty P type player for us. I didn't want Parks in the slightest when we got him...ended up adoring him. Was never sexy but he sure had the wettest shirt each game. That's what PEH can do for us
Unless you are the very lucky with the make up of your team then that's what every team needs. Not everyone can be a creative flair player.

First, Zanetti was an unbelievable player, regardless of position. He had it all. And you'll find that although he mostly played as a FB, he also played as a CB. You're welcome
You don’t need to educate me about Zanetti. He was an unreal RB, he wasn’t a great CB. There’s really no debate there.

No no no no no no, this window is about ridding ourselves of his and his brother's stench and replacing them with actual footballers. News of these deals will complete the window for me.
Pal, Dele is a pretty bad character, but you can't crap on all the good stuff he did on the pitch til about 18 months ago. He was pretty phenomenonal his first couple years. Maybe should've sold him for 50 mil then but we weren't to know he was gonna become useless on the pitch and such a problem off it. I do agree that it's best for all involved that he goes now, but who's gonna take him? DL sure won't let him go to a competitor in the PL and Dele's too proud to go to a So'ton or the likes. Personally I'd defo have tried for a straight swap with Juve for Dybala - both on loan - but Dyb's wages would've been an issue, as always. Not really realistic now we've got Bale, but how amazing if DL was to work that kind of magic before 5th Oct?! Dyb and a quality CB and we're right back in the top 4 convo

Just wondering, where'd did you see him play? Mainz, BVB or PSG? I ask because I've not seen him much at PSG but I did previously. And if you saw him at BVB quite often he was played at LB.

Mostly at PSG to be honest. Seen him once this season for PSG - against Metz. And about 6 of 7 times last season. The few I saw at Dortmund, he was definitely at centre back.

He is though isn't he and that's what I think Jose wants him for? He will sit deep and break up play. He's not particularly creative but will recycle quickly and give it to someone else.
I genuinely thought that was what he was bought to do although I know everyone has a different idea of what a defensive midfielder should be.

No he isn't at all.

I assume Jose wants him to be someone who can be a bit busy in there with leadership qualities. Almost like a Sissoko replacement really and he's certainly an upgrade.

But DM he is not.

Pal, Dele is a pretty bad character, but you can't crap on all the good stuff he did on the pitch til about 18 months ago. He was pretty phenomenonal his first couple years. Maybe should've sold him for 50 mil then but we weren't to know he was gonna become useless on the pitch and such a problem off it. I do agree that it's best for all involved that he goes now, but who's gonna take him? DL sure won't let him go to a competitor in the PL and Dele's too proud to go to a So'ton or the likes. Personally I'd defo have tried for a straight swap with Juve for Dybala - both on loan - but Dyb's wages would've been an issue, as always. Not really realistic now we've got Bale, but how amazing if DL was to work that kind of magic before 5th Oct?! Dyb and a quality CB and we're right back in the top 4 convo
Yeah, we're gonna disagree on Dele. I would literally send him to our most direct rivals for our most coveted objective...THAT's what I think about Dele. He's the player he always was but now without the goals. And yes, I was calling for selling back when "we weren't to know" too. Awful footballer.

Back
Top Bottom