Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a good player, still young, lots of potential. Only reason Dortmund let him go is cash offered by PSG and he wanted to play for Tuchel. But hasn't worked out cause PSG gonna PSG. He's big ang strong, would do well in PL, especially as an underdog playing for an underdog. I can see Mou loving a player like Diallo

Dortmund signed him for 28 mill in 2018 and sold him to PSG for 32 mill one year later. He only stayed at Mainz for a year before moving to Dortmund. Strange.

His brother is Ibrahima Diallo at Stade Brest, also previously mentioned, a strong defensive mid

So f we buy Habib Diallo as back up striker and these two brothers as well we could solve our striker, defensive mid and centre back issues with Diallo, Diallo and Diallo

This sounds like an excellent idea. I imagine he'd be able to play well in a 3 too. We should look out for this one.
While at it, I'd offer PSG 4 or 5 mil (incl bonuses) for Kalimuendo. He's a young striker who's played next to zilch minutes in the elite, but he's got bags of potential, just needs a chance...which he won't at PSG cause he's young and French (doesn't apply to the exception M'Bappe). Could be the next Anelka...or could be the next Guivarc'h, but at 4 or 5 mil there's not a big regret. PSG needs the cash and the player would bite your hand off to come bench at Spurs with a few games here & there

Dortmund signed him for 28 mill in 2018 and sold him to PSG for 32 mill one year later. He only stayed at Mainz for a year before moving to Dortmund. Strange.

His brother is Ibrahima Diallo at Stade Brest, also previously mentioned, a strong defensive mid

So f we buy Habib Diallo as back up striker and these two brothers as well we could solve our striker, defensive mid and centre back issues with Diallo, Diallo and Diallo
The 3Ds

Maybe we should sign Dele's brother whilst we're at it......

Sessegnon spending a full season on Celtic would be great for him
If you look at it from a gametime perspective, yes, of course it would be. He'd get toughened up too cause it's a physical league. But let's be honest, the level of the SPL is that of the bottom of the Ch'ship/top half of L1, so how does he successfully transition back to the EPL with Spurs? Not like Celtic can offer him UCL footy either. I'd rather he goes somewhere like Southampton or Burnley, Brighton. Or to a good team in Germany that trusts youngsters eg Gladbach, RBL...

If you look at it from a gametime perspective, yes, of course it would be. He'd get toughened up too cause it's a physical league. But let's be honest, the level of the SPL is that of the bottom of the Ch'ship/top half of L1, so how does he successfully transition back to the EPL with Spurs? Not like Celtic can offer him UCL footy either. I'd rather he goes somewhere like Southampton or Burnley, Brighton. Or to a good team in Germany that trusts youngsters eg Gladbach, RBL...
The biggest thing with Sess is his confidence needs fluffing up. Wouldn’t be against Celtic if he was gonna play every week.

He would get a lot of minutes on a dominant team. Would build up his confidence. And rank up a few trophies. And even better if they go to Europe

Back
Top Bottom