Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always think he is a player than needs to play all the time to get any kind of rhythm. The more unbroken game time the fewer the big errors. But He has had his chance now time to upgrade.
I don't think CB position has that luxury. It's the last defender that you can't keep making mistake, being switched off game after game to play into form. Most CB does well (and needs to) in term of form without a run of game. Bad CB make mistake and will always, while good one with improve further with experience. When we're talking about letting someone to get away with mistake, in hope that he may be just decent, then we're in trouble.

And what makes matters worse is that Sanchez can't even play fullback position even if he just needs game time to get on rhythm

Look put me on ignore because you seem to have real comprehension issue and it bores me. I want him sold, I think he is poor, and needs games to be better, whilst still being poor. Very straight forward. I suspect you understand this but are one of those people who use this site as a way to bolster your odd ego. I'm not interested. Having opinions about anything are only opinions. You don't get to "win" football chat. There is no right. Try and understand this. I have no chance...oh dear you shouldn't be this old and this needy. Oh anI wasn't attempting to "win" anything just establish the issue. I don't need to "beat"people I don't know or care to on the Internet what's wrong with you!

Look put me on ignore because you seem to have real comprehension issue and it bores me. I want him sold, I think he is poor, and needs games to be better, whilst still being poor. Very straight forward. I suspect you understand this but are one of those people who use this site as a way to bolster your odd ego. I'm not interested. Having opinions about anything are only opinions. You don't get to "win" football chat. There is no right. Try and understand this. I have no chance...oh dear you shouldn't be this old and this needy.
Maybe we agree then. I just pulled your finger but still.

I don't think CB position has that luxury. It's the last defender that you can't keep making mistake, being switched off game after game to play into form. Most CB does well (and needs to) in term of form without a run of game. Bad CB make mistake and will always, while good one with improve further with experience. When we're talking about letting someone to get away with mistake, in hope that he may be just decent, then we're in trouble.

And what makes matters worse is that Sanchez can't even play fullback position even if he just needs game time to get on rhythm
Totally agree with you he needs to go. However my point was he is less fraught the more he plays. He totally can't handle being dropped in and out it makes him even worse. Hopefully Jose gets it now.

Still can't believe what we paid for Sanchez and yet his amateurish defensive skillset at times are that of an outclassed schoolboy.

I was never sure whether he was a Poch signing or one Levy and the committee identified as a potential investment.

Jose called him out in the doc as a weak link in the EL final when managing Utd.

Anyways, after 3 years I am not seeing the improvement we hoped and he’s become a liability causing panic at the back.

He’s not alone though, and not helped at all with Sissoko and Aurier unable to stop pushing players giving away needless free kicks in dangerous positions. Hopefully this will improve with Doherty and Lo Celso back in the team replacing them.

If Rodon looks like he’s ready, play him alongside Toby.

I was never sure whether he was a Poch signing or one Levy and the committee identified as a potential investment.

Jose called him out in the doc as a weak link in the EL final when managing Utd.

Anyways, after 3 years I am not seeing the improvement we hoped and he’s become a liability causing panic at the back.

He’s not alone though, and not helped at all with Sissoko and Aurier unable to stop pushing players giving away needless free kicks in dangerous positions. Hopefully this will improve with Doherty and Lo Celso back in the team replacing them.

I think it was a committee signing as he was very young . Complete overpriced waste of money , physically weak, poor technical ability , average in the air .speed his only real strength.

The team with Aurier and Sissoko will always be vulnerable as they are both thick as shit.
Winks the other weakness has so little to contribute , not really good at anything .
It has been obvious for a couple of years to most except for a few retards on here.

I think it was a committee signing as he was very young . Complete overpriced waste of money , physically weak, poor technical ability , average in the air .speed his only real strength.

The team with Aurier and Sissoko will always be vulnerable as they are both thick as shit.
Winks the other weakness has so little to contribute , not really good at anything .
It has been obvious for a couple of years to most except for a few retards on here.

On the money here.

Need all four out the door asap.

When opposition hoofs he always does this weird thing where he never challenges for the header but instead tries to bend around the oppo forward and kick it. Weird and useless.

Creates so much nervousness for the team, you can see it spread like wildfire.

Jose called him out, but was totally wrong and the only break of Sanchez in that Euro League final was a lucky deflection wrong footing Onana for the first goal, other than that, he gave Man Ure nothing and it was simply a young, talented inexperienced team getting beat by a squad assembled at an eye watering cost.

Jose just loves the sound of his voice and being centre of attention

When opposition hoofs he always does this weird thing where he never challenges for the header but instead tries to bend around the oppo forward and kick it. Weird and useless.

Creates so much nervousness for the team, you can see it spread like wildfire.

It's because he cant head the ball - has anyone seen a CB as bad in the air as Sanchez?
He misjudges the flight of the ball constantly or just lets it bounce creating panic in the defence.

He is also absolutely zero threat from attacking corners and set pieces - I cannot ever remember him scoring an attacking header in 3 years at the club.

It's because he cant head the ball - has anyone seen a CB as bad in the air as Sanchez?
He misjudges the flight of the ball constantly or just lets it bounce creating panic in the defence.

He is also absolutely zero threat from attacking corners and set pieces - I cannot ever remember him scoring an attacking header in 3 years at the club.
Yep

Toby

Bang on. As youngsters playing cb, you are coached to not let the ball bounce, Sanchez lets this happen every game. He is always in reaction mode , despite the game being played in front of him his inability to read the game is staggering for a so called top player

If Dier is still not fit and Rodon not ready then Davies needs putting in at cb.

And Dier.
Actually, I wouldn't say he was bad in the air. I would say he just doesn't bother to jump and head the crosses away, rather watch them go to oppo attackers.

Back
Top Bottom