Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are LASK considered to be our strongest opponents in our group?

Technically Ludograts have a higher co-efficient and were in pot 2 versus 3 for LASK. I am not sure there is much between them but I am far from an expert on the Bulgarian and Austrian Leagues so going off of historical results for teams from that League.

LASK seem to be a team that might be a little better than their place based on comments from a journalist that covers Austria and their performance last season in the Europa League but honestly there isn't a team in our group that poses much of a threat unless we take it way to easy.

I know it sounds cliche but really the biggest obstacle to us winning this group in a walk is us. Our "B" team is the strongest team out of any of the teams in this group and so long as we take the games serious we should win the group comfortably with a squad based around guys like Vinicius, Lamela, Winks, Davies, Hart and then whichever choice of Doherty/Aurier, Bergwijn/Moura, the CB's and Sissoko/Lo Celso.

Really, this is not a school English lesson. Whatever I say you pathetic lot havd something to moan about...I stay committed to what I think..the squad is not good enough, and this will all end in tears with mourinho. So maybe you are the trolls
What??????? That's outrageous!!!

Nigel's been binned?????

Didn't see that coming....

:dembelelol:

Give our second string a chance to impress in this, if they dont win this group game its not the end of the word, it just means we will have to go stronger in the other games, but lets at least give them a chance

-----------------------------Hart---------------------------------
Doherty-----------Tanganga-----CCV----------------Cirkin
----------------------Sissoko-----Lamela--------------------
Lucas-------------------Dele----------------------------Bergwijn
--------------------------Vinnie-------------------------------------

Bale , Kane and Son on the bench maybe to give them something to think about?

Give our second string a chance to impress in this, if they dont win this group game its not the end of the word, it just means we will have to go stronger in the other games, but lets at least give them a chance

Davies and Bale to start

As a supporter you firstly spell his name Dele wrong and then use the epitaph alli(sic) which you fail to capitalise...
Pray for his immortal soul

Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine.
Et lux perpetua luceat eis.
Requiescant in pace.

giphy.gif

CCV’s on loan at Bournemouth, mate :freund:

For the centre backs, I think we’ll need at least 1 experienced head there, either Toby or Dier, possibly Davies (though more likely to start at LB, unless Jose wants more consecutive minutes for Reguilon to get him up to speed).

CCV’s on loan at Bournemouth, mate :freund:

For the centre backs, I think we’ll need at least 1 experienced head there, either Toby or Dier, possibly Davies (though more likely to start at LB, unless Jose wants more consecutive minutes for Reguilon to get him up to speed).
How did i miss that? :mourwhat:

Really, this is not a school English lesson. Whatever I say you pathetic lot havd something to moan about...I stay committed to what I think..the squad is not good enough, and this will all end in tears with mourinho. So maybe you are the trolls

Post Edit
Guess who has just decided to 'follow' me ?

:mourfacepalm:

Last edited:

Nah. Get the group won early as possible then we can think about fully resting and rotating.

The last couple fixtures of the group are just before the manic Christmas period so it would make more sense to have everything done and dusted by then.

We also have a Carabao cup quarter final 3 days before Christmas which I'm sure we'd all like us to go on and win.

I'd like us to go out and win this one comfortably. I think we need to get a decent result to get over the West Ham draw. I think it's also in our best interests to get the group won early so that we can rest players later on which we've got other important fixtures to worry about.
I'm not sure on the best line up though in defence particularly. Part of me wants Sanchez playing so that he can regain some confidence after the own goal and another part of me would like to see Rodon get going.

Back
Top Bottom