Europa League - Tottenham Vs LASK, Thursday 22nd Oct, 8pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Want to see one of Kane/Son rested for this. Give Vinny a run out.

Give Dele some minutes, field a strong team but a team made up mainly out of our squad depth.

No disrespect to Lask and we've seen what complacency can do, but we should be beating these and giving the likes of Kane a breather.

Give Dele some minutes, field a strong team but a team made up mainly out of our squad depth.

No disrespect to Lask and we've seen what complacency can do, but we should be beating these and giving the likes of Kane a breather.
Weirdly, after all the furore about complacency and showing a lack of respect to West Ham by bringing Bale ON, I think people are missing the point he took Bergweign off, and NOT Kane... IMHO, it was showing West ham utmost respect by attempting to strengthen our team for the final 20 minutes...
If we really thought the game was done and dusted, then hat-trick or no hat-trick, Kane would've been spared for next week.

Of course, Jose fucked all that in the same moment by weakening it again by bringing Harry Wanks on for Ndmobele, but hey!

I’m really excited for the Europa League this year, maybe even more so than Champs league in previous years .. we have a good opportunity to win a big tournament here and the group stages provide Jose a great opportunity to learn more about the squad and which players are right for which situations

Last edited:
I'd like us to go out and win this one comfortably. I think we need to get a decent result to get over the West Ham draw. I think it's also in our best interests to get the group won early so that we can rest players later on which we've got other important fixtures to worry about.
I'm not sure on the best line up though in defence particularly. Part of me wants Sanchez playing so that he can regain some confidence after the own goal and another part of me would like to see Rodon get going.

Not an option in Europe til after xmas as we signed him too late to register him for that comp.

Rest them both... If Lucas, Stevee, Lamela, Vin & Dele can't beat group phase farmers then their days should rightfully be numbered.

I'd like us to go out and win this one comfortably. I think we need to get a decent result to get over the West Ham draw. I think it's also in our best interests to get the group won early so that we can rest players later on which we've got other important fixtures to worry about.
I'm not sure on the best line up though in defence particularly. Part of me wants Sanchez playing so that he can regain some confidence after the own goal and another part of me would like to see Rodon get going.

Rodon can't play. Wasn't registered in time

Back
Top Bottom