Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mark Lawrenson has gone for a 2-1 Burnley win!
dead bill murray GIF

We gave away 4 free kicks last night in positions where we know we concede, if we do that Burnley will probably score at least once.
Exactly.

This is why I don't think you can play any of Aurier, Sissoko, Winks or Sanchez.
They give away so many stupid fouls.

They got good delivery of the ball, McNeil from the left and Brady from the right.
Absolutely no free kicks around our box.

Bale showed last night that he's still getting up to speed, so no point in starting him v Burnley as he's not needed, probably better to start Bergwijn, leaving Bale, Vinicius and Moura as a front line for EL on Thursday.

Burnley have 2 decent wingers and in Wood a classic English centre forward (even if he is from New Zealand), so very probably as good a game to start Rodon in as is possible as its a similar style to many Championship sides.

Doubt if Lo Celso is fit enough for anything like 90 minutes, so gone for Sissoko for his physicality in CM, to match Burnely's physical side, give Lo Celso an easier EL match to get up to stride in

If Dier is fit, think he's marginally the choice to partner Rodon, and if not Alderweireld - Sanchez showed v Wham too many mistakes that might give Burnley's wide men opportunities from free kicks to risk.

Otherwise its much as we might expect :

Lloris
Doherty Dier/Alderweireld, Rodon, Reguilon
Sissoko Hojbjerg, Ndombele
Bergwijn, Kane, Son​

It'll be a physical battle, which suggests to me that Sissoko will start.

3-0 to us by 80th minute, then it's anyone's guess!

:mourwhat:

It is a tougher game than many on here believe, they will be desperate for the points given their start, and factoring in our flakyness in the 2nd half against West Ham.

But still given all of that....how by Zeus's tits did he arrive at that prediction?
WUM like Adrian Durham mate

Lloris
Doherty Toby Dier Reguilon
Sissoko Højbjerg Ndombele
Vinicius Kane Son

I think Lo Celso coming off the bench is probably best until we know he's fully fit, same with Bale. Doherty to start over Aurier due to being better in the air. Sissoko and Vinicius will add height and power against a physical Burnley team. Rodon on paper is perfect for this game, but I have no idea how he has looked in training.

[FORMATION=4231, Lloris,Doherty,Toby, Davies,Reguilón,Hojbjerg,Ndombele,Bergwijn,Lo Celso,Son,Kane][/FORMATION]
Team I'd like to see but I suspect he'll play Sissoko somewhere. Also Aurier for Doherty and Sanchez for Davies.

Last edited:
3 CBs was not a big success last time we played them. I can see the logic, but we have enough now to impose our game on them. We shouldn't blunt our own strengths.

Lo Celso changed the game for us - really hope he plays.

We played 3CBs vs Chelsea in the Carabao cup to counterbalance us having a 2nd-string attacking line-up, but I agree there's no point packing the back end of or team against Burnley. Play to your strengths... Attack being the best form of defense etc. etc..

Back
Top Bottom