Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interestingly this match reminded me of games under Poch.

Calm. Take your time. Take and extra touch. Wait for the right moment, there is no rush. Keep the ball at all costs; go backwards if you need.

A frustrating watch, but it was clear to see that Jose did not want them playing explosive; quick football. We weren't looking for 3,4,5 goals here; it was about getting the 3 points in a controlled manor without taking risk.

One year on from Pochettino getting sacked for playing tedious, midfield-less crap, we're still churning out midfield-less, tempo-less, humpball like that.

Kane's responsible for setting up or scoring about 75% of all our goals through outstanding individual moments. Tonight he saved us from being a goal down before we'd scored with our first shot on target on the 76th minute. We are more the Harry Kane team than we've ever been.

And we are still watching a midfield pair containing that lobotomised rhino Sissoko bunting the ball backwards to whoever just hot potato'd it to him, that's when he actually gets forced to receive the fucking thing. Dier humping the ball out of touch every 10 minutes. The Brazilian Lennon aimlessly bouncing around like a peptic pinball. fucking Doherty makes Trippier look like Carvahal.

Our attacking players look like they haven't been coached for months, they all just stand around when we have the ball waiting for a miracle of immaculate conception, apart from Son who gets a PCP enema whenever Kane gets the ball on the halfway line.

Just because football's gone a bit bonkers, Utd, Woolwich and Chelsea are all stupid enough to let the kit boy manage their teams, City are running on fumes from 3 years of Pep and we might somehow Kane-grind our way to a top four place, doesn't make what we are doing great. It really fucking isn't.

Tonight's victory was the footballing equivalent of getting a hand job from a tranny whilst they simultaneously scrape the other hand down a fucking blackboard.

Last edited:
One year on from Pochettino getting sacked for playing tedious, midfield-less crap, we're still churning out midfield-less, tempo-less, humpball like that.

Kane's responsible for setting up or scoring about 75% of all our goals through outstanding individual moments, we have evolved to really be the Kane team. Tonight he saved us from being a goal down before we'd scored with our first shot on target on the 76th minute. We are more the Harry Kane team than we've ever been.

And we are still watching a midfield pair containing that lobotomised rhino Sissoko bunting the ball backwards to whoever just hot potato'd it to him, that's when he actually gets forced to receive the fucking thing. Dier humping the ball out of touch every 10 minutes. The Brazilian Lennon aimlessly bouncing around like a peptic pinball. fucking Doherty makes Trippier look like Carvahal.

Our attacking players look like they haven't been coached for months, they all just stand around when we have the ball waiting for a miracle of immaculate conception, apart from Son who gets a PCP enema whenever Kane gets the ball on the halfway line.

Just because football's gone a bit bonkers, Utd, Woolwich and Chelsea are all stupid enough to let the kit boy manage their teams, City are running on fumes from 3 years of Pep and we might somehow Kane-grind our way to a top four place, doesn't make what we are doing great. It really fucking isn't.
Even while being controversial as fuck, you manage to make it funny.

(Also I have extreme reservations around the sustainability of this style and run of form as well. It's not just dependent on brilliance from Kane, it's also dependent on Son finishing better than any other player in the world, at a level that probably can't continue for long. That's a lot of moving parts.)

Go read all your posts from the match. You bitched the whole way through. You even bitched as they warned up. We win and you criticise the line up, subs. I gave an opinion. Don't agree? fine but getting abusive shows what a total bellend you really are. Please fuck off and join another forum you moron
this is the content we come here for right?

Kane's responsible for setting up or scoring about 75% of all our goals through outstanding individual moments. Tonight he saved us from being a goal down before we'd scored with our first shot on target on the 76th minute. We are more the Harry Kane team than we've ever been.

Tonight's victory was the footballing equivalent of getting a hand job from a tranny whilst they simultaneously scrape the other hand down a fucking blackboard.
Bet you're no fun at parties ....

"Our attacking players look like they haven't been coached for months" - that would be the attacking players who just set new records for goals and assists in the first six EPL games in any EPL season? those un-coached attacking players right?

Come on Blakey you can produce a weekly moan better than this, even the Sissoko abuse was limp ..... D-

Love reading your posts .....

Last edited:
Even while being controversial as fuck, you manage to make it funny.

(Also I have extreme reservations around the sustainability of this style and run of form as well. It's not just dependent on brilliance from Kane, it's also dependent on Son finishing better than any other player in the world, at a level that probably can't continue for long. That's a lot of moving parts.)
Heh - yeah, I think that's what xG and xGA are supposed to catch, that regression towards the mean as the season goes on. We're overperforming xG thanks to Sonny and Kane's clinical masterclass, but our xGA and xPoints are actually near-neutral. And what's interesting is that Burnley have the lowest xGA in the league (only Everton are even close), which goes to show they are NOT easy to score against at all despite their poor points haul so far. This 1-0 at Turf Moor is a better result than it sounds.

Having rewatched Newcastle lately, probably our longest stretch of "comfortable" football besides 10man Utd, I have a feeling GLC is maybe more important than we think (since we've been scoring so much it's kind of overshadowed the performances if that's possible 😅). We need technical, clever passers in this side to actually control and build things through midfield; and imo a bright, possession-oriented attacker on the right would be nice too (not a knock on Coco who I love in certain situations like today, just his decision-making sometimes drives me up the wall). I'll give it some more games in the league and preferably with Gio in the side before I really muse about performances though, because I think we've faced harder opponents than it sounds on paper: Everton, West Ham, Southampton all pretty damn strong this season. Enough that I think the diff between 1st and even 8th will be unusually tight, and not just because apparently no one wants the title 😅

Bet you're no fun at parties ....
bus-conductor bus-conductor = a miserable sod on occasion for sure, but also a witty fucker with a great turn of phrase and an enduring, cult-like appreciation of Sissoko (lobotomised rhino} which is truly admirable in its effusion and only matched, arguably, by his poetic plaudits of Moura - our Brazilian Lennon who aimlessly bounces around like a peptic pinball. Great stuff.

Last edited:
If we avoid injuries, we literally have two different starting XIs. If we win next 2 Europa games there's no excuse to have complete rotation for final 3 Europa games.

For that horrific run, hopefully we can have this team vs City Chelsea Woolwich:

Lloris
Aurier Dier Ald Reguilon
GLC Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bale Son Kane

And this team to see our Europa:

Hart
Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies
Sissoko Winks Lamela
Bergwijn Vinicius Lucas

Alli can hopefully get some games in Europa too, so we have space in case one of our forwards get injured.
Hopefully youve only got winks in there to clean the boots

Gio should be starting.
I think Jose is worried about Ndombele getting tired and Gio getting injured; so he's decided to rotate them as the attacking mid spot alongside 2 holding mids.
If it means they both stay injury free, and therefore in some big games we can play them together, Jose will feel vindicated.

However, I'm personally not convinced by Sissoko starting in the PL. He's definitely lost a lot of his athletic ability since his injury last season, and he was never talented with the ball at his feet. Should be dropped.

Back
Top Bottom