Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We toughed it out is all that can be said.

Burnley played as well or near to it as they can but we held firm.

Good team choice, not just because we won but simply because it needed mental strength and a degree of solidity.

We could and should have been quicker with our ball movement and been more accurate with our final ball but ultimately no matter.

A very very good win.

Last edited:
good win, but we lacked to ability to move the ball forward fast on the counter (allowing them to pack their defence) we also lack clever players who can find that defence cutting pass

Kane, Ndombele, Gio and Bale all giving you the 'Dele wave'. 👋

A few points:

- Never play Davies at LB again, I think he can do well in a centerback pairing, but not wide. So lethargic and defensively it seems too easy to get past him.

- Alderweireld and Dier did really well yesterday. As we have actually have a creative midfield now, we aren't too reliant on our centerbacks playing breakthrough passes. Just pissed off with the defending at corners, but Wood and Barnes have been doing nothing else for their football careers than time wasting, elbowing and heading the ball. So I guess they have to be better at this kind of stuff.

- Doherty was okay, defensively not so much but he did his job and Höjbjerg was keeping our left and right side safe. I think with Vinicus up top, he would have tried a few crosses more.

- Midfield was good, Ndombele was playing really well yesterday. His timing on passing has become insanely good, MOTM for me before Kane decided the game. Haven't seen much of Sissoko, wish he had been more active in the pressing. Höjbjerg again very solid, always helped out at the back.

- Luckily Son and Kane are playing well. Goal was a bit of luck, but we deserved it this time. Burnley sitting deep, Kane couldn't really take the kind of influence as usually, playing Son and Lucas into spaces. I have been happy with Lucas lately, but this is not his kind of game. Rather have someone like Gio and Lamela if we have more of the ball.

- What a great 30 minutes from Lamela. He just has to come from the bench against these Championship-esque teams like West Brom, West Ham, Newcastle, Sheffield. It's sad that he just doesn't seem to deserve starts as he is much better as a sub. Should definitely be on the bench against Brighton too.

- Overall good team performance. Good character and we kept the ball well in the last few minutes.

We toughed it out is all that can be said.

Burnley played as well.or near to it as they can but we held firm.

Good team choice, not just because we won but simply because it needed mental strength and a degree of solidity.

We could and should have been quicker with our ball movement and been more accurate with our final ball but ultimately no matter.

A very very good win.
Even though we didn't play our scintillating quick football, I was actually Impressed how we dug that result out.
Even if we don't win the league this year that type of performance is normally reserved for champions, who find a way to win even if they are not playing at their best or the opposition don't allow them.

I actually don’t detest Burnley. They are actually a funny team. But against Tottenham fuck them. There’s a lot of teams I’d rather see going down

Think somebody already said it, but I love their shithousery and time wasting against all our rivals, it's just fucking irritating when that twice a season rolls around.
If nothing else you have to give them serious credit for staying in the league as long as they have with the resources they have.

Think somebody already said it, but I love their shithousery and time wasting against all our rivals, it's just fucking irritating when that twice a season rolls around.
If nothing else you have to give them serious credit for staying in the league as long as they have with the resources they have.

This.... Ditto Pullis-era Stoke.

Who didn't love Stoke at home to Woolwich. :)

Nah send them packing... glad to see the back of them.

Back
Top Bottom