Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier was excellent at home to City last year (Still don't believe it was a penalty anyway) and is usually always great against the bigger clubs, usually because they allow him a lot more space offensively. It would likely mean another Sissoko start to help out at the back when he's bombing forward - but I don't feel any less confident with Aurier in there than Doherty.
I think he was the right choice against Manchester United and he could be the right choice, again, against City. I don´t like the fact that Guardiola knows we are selecting Aurier, though.

I think he was the right choice against Manchester United and he could be the right choice, again, against City. I don´t like the fact that Guardiola knows we are selecting Aurier, though.
I do... it means there's a slim chance he might get complacent with his team selection/tactics.... "Lads, it's Aurier!"

Is his name pronounced Dockerty? Why?
Because the Irish don't give a feck, and pronounce things how they feckin want!!!
How else did they come up with Siobhan or Aisling? ....both pronounced completely differently to how they're spelt!!!

Doherty is positively Phonetic by comparison!!

Because the Irish don't give a feck, and pronounce things how they feckin want!!!
How else did they come up with Siobhan or Aisling? ....both pronounced completely differently to how they're spelt!!!

Doherty is positively Phonetic by comparison!!
They have my respect.

On NFL coverage on sky they discussed why the NFL are being so rigid with having the super bowl in early February. The answer was that covid is getting worse not better. So just like in football, it's best to just try get through this season asap in the hope that next season isn't messed up as well. Delaying things now in the hope to get fans into stadiums is not option with cases rocketing. The Euros could be at risk again the way things are 😕
Vaccines though. Fans will be back before the end of the season i think.

Hopefully he'll be okay. Doherty was probably Ireland's best player over the two games last week. Fingers crossed for our other players. This international break has been messy, shouldn't have went ahead with the exception of the Euro playoffs.

Aurier was excellent at home to City last year (Still don't believe it was a penalty anyway) and is usually always great against the bigger clubs, usually because they allow him a lot more space offensively. It would likely mean another Sissoko start to help out at the back when he's bombing forward - but I don't feel any less confident with Aurier in there than Doherty.
Feels good to have two good players for most positions. Doubt we’ll be any more weak with Aurier in instead of Doherty or Vice versa.

Vaccines though. Fans will be back before the end of the season i think.
Yeah they seem to be making be some progress, who knows how long before anyone can get one though and will any unwanted side effects appear? I won't be holding my breath. The way it has spiked globally in the last month is scary.There are just no guarantees that covid will be gone by a certain date, it can be hard enough to get some medications never mind one that practically every person in the world needs. Hopefully next season can go back to normal

Hopefully he'll be okay. Doherty was probably Ireland's best player over the two games last week. Fingers crossed for our other players. This international break has been messy, shouldn't have went ahead with the exception of the Euro playoffs.
In fairness, and I say this as an Irishman........

that's not saying a lot.

NO!!

doh-her-tee

the "Doh" is like the start of Dot minus the "T"

NOT DOCK-ER-TEE

OR DOUGH-ER- TEE

drives us (Irish) crazy
Ok. Good. I was watching a game on Sky or BT 2 or some other of the English speaking channels (not American) and the commentator pronounced it Dockertee or Dockerty. Glad he did it wrong, sounded really strange.

Back
Top Bottom