Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hvcf

Sammy - by your standards then, should you be pulled up for previously slating Kane, turning on him when he’s had difficult runs, wanting him dropped, calling him the second coming of Rasiak - even calling him worse than Rasiak etc etc? This is a forum. It’s for opinions not science or fortune telling. All of us have got opinions right and wrong. Just chill out and enjoy the fact that we’ve got a seriously good team, with backbone, spirit, class and some of the best attacking in decades.
Kane isn’t the club and I havent slagged him off non stop for five straight years

"United fan here. 44 penalties given in 127 games. I'm rather bored of winning games by penalties. Makes us look rubbish. Not the United way."

44 penalties given in 127 games

"Even as a United fan I'm finding our penalty luck bordering on parody at this point."
Well i´m sorry matey, luck has nothing to do with it! :dembelefingers:

Yes, yes he did and put us in a place where Jose would want to be our manager.

I won't forget the guy and will be forever grateful that he was our manager.

We move on though (or at least most of us have) and get behind the team irrespective of whom the manager is.

I preferred the football under Poch but I'm hungry to see us lift some major silverware. I don't really care how we do it, indeed it's hilarious reading many of the sour comments from rival fans. They're worried, very worried.

But you continue being a cunt, same goes for your pal Sammy.
If you follow Mou, you have to stick with him. Imagine if we had done all that solid defending and then conceded in the 94th minute. You can't have it both ways. If you take the winners route then you cannot moan when his methods come unstuck.
I seriously believe we have a shot at this league now only because we have a past winner at the helm.
It would be so good to stick it to Chelski and Woolwich

Jesus wept - all roads lead to Mauricio.

You just know if we win the league you will crawl out of the woodwork straight away to give Pochettinho credit.

Crawl out of the woodwork?

You fucking idiot.

A lot of players are still here from the Poch era, of course he would deserve a little bit of credit but obviously nowhere near as much as Jose.

It's not as the likes of Son, Kane and Toby were shite under Poch is it.

:pocheyes:

Crawl out of the woodwork?

You fucking idiot.

A lot of players are still here from the Poch era, of course he would deserve a little bit of credit but obviously nowhere near as much as Jose.

It's not as the likes of Son, Kane and Toby were shite under Poch is it.

:pocheyes:

Kane joined us in 2009 - 5 year before Pochettino came here. And Son was signed under the DOF model.

But as usual it’s all down to Mauricio.

Last 3 matches between City and Spurs:
City: 71 shots, 21 on target, 2 goals
Spurs: 9 shots, 7 on target, 6 goals

That's honestly some absolutely baffling stats.

It also shows that people that scream about most shots on being the deciding factor for which team is better don't get it.

The incredible thing is how real it feels, there’s nothing about it at flukey at all.

We made excellent summer signings, the team looks great on paper with strong depth, we’re top of the league in goals scored and goal differential, the performances have been good, players are in form. If anything, we’re left rueing two freak draws.

The only time I remember feeling this solid about the club in all facets was in 2016/2017 when we got second and finished with +60 GD. And I don’t think there’s a team in the league that’s anywhere near as good as that year’s Chelsea team that won the title.

Still a massively weird year and illness and injury will probably play a huge role, so have to be lucky. Plus, still a brutal run of fixtures upcoming, but great start today!

The incredible thing is how real it feels, there’s nothing about it at flukey at all.

We made excellent summer signings, the team looks great on paper with strong depth, we’re top of the league in goals scored and goal differential, the performances have been good, players are in form. If anything, we’re left rueing two freak draws.

The only time I remember feeling this solid about the club in all facets was in 2016/2017 when we got second and finished with +60 GD. And I don’t think there’s a team in the league that’s anywhere near as good as that year’s Chelsea team that won the title.

Still a massively weird year and illness and injury will probably play a huge role, so have to be lucky. Plus, still a brutal run of fixtures upcoming, but great start today!
devastating to think we should really be top by 6 points right now...lets just hope it doesnt matter come the end of the season. them dropped points could be a blessing in the long run as jose has gone ruthless and some players dont make the squad now who used to be first team, so its probably going to benefit us in the long run.

I thought Dier was MOTM. I don't think I have ever seen us that organised. Disallowed goal aside, apart from the two set piece headers they created very little. Organisation like that gives me hope for the tough run ahead.

Back
Top Bottom