Tottenham Vs Ludogorets, Europa League - Thurs 26th Nov - KO 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, a decent performance against Ludogrets wipes out the past two years of generally very underwhelming performances.

I'm not rooting against him or anything, but one game doesn't flip the narrative.

Do you mean the last 2 years where he has missed 114 days (covering 30 games) due to injury? or do you mean the games where he was playing out of position as a striker without Kane and Son?

I've heard people say that it's only Ludogrets. Well, this season we will also play the likes of fulham, Woolwich, sheffield, burnley, brighton. Having a player than can unlock the crap teams is just as useful as the guy who can score a 30 yard screamer against liverpool. 3 points is 3 points.

No one can deny that he seems to have lost some of his swagger. But match confidence and awareness comes from playing week-in, week-out - and right now Kane, Son, Bale, Moura are the preferred players in the front 3.

Do you mean the last 2 years where he has missed 114 days (covering 30 games) due to injury? or do you mean the games where he was playing out of position as a striker without Kane and Son?

I've heard people say that it's only Ludogrets. Well, this season we will also play the likes of fulham, Woolwich, sheffield, burnley, brighton. Having a player than can unlock the crap teams is just as useful as the guy who can score a 30 yard screamer against liverpool. 3 points is 3 points.

No one can deny that he seems to have lost some of his swagger. But match confidence and awareness comes from playing week-in, week-out - and right now Kane, Son, Bale, Moura are the preferred players in the front 3.

He was out for 26 games from what I can see, not 30. So, in other words, he was healthy for 76% of the 110 competitive games we played between the 2018-2020 seasons.

Most of his recent lack of inclusions into the team was due to poor performances. His passing was poor, his positioning worse, he was defensively weak, and didn't contribute almost anything to our attack. He was rightly dropped from the side. I don't know why it is wrong to admit he has been poor, and he hasn't been unfairly spurned.

Dele with a hand in all 4 goals. Well, this is confusing the narative.
No it’s not.
It’s a slight suggestion that a proper manager dropping him for being shit instead of trying to play him to form for three years might........might........have had an effect

Certainly hope so and fair play to Dele, because he can be a part of our EL and PL team if he gets back to consistent form and stays a team player as Jose called it.

And a hand in Winks world class vision and finish? What? A throw in? Lol

Honestly wouldn’t hate a midfield of Dele, PEH and Tanguy in the prem with GLC off the bench.
Dele popping his head up is a nice headache to have.
Very least a few decent performances will push his price up.

Too easy, nowhere near satisfying as beating City on Sat

It was like playing FIFA on beginners mode
Don't disagree with you, but it was exactly what we needed at this point in time - A nice easy, confidence-building win for the B team (and several of the individuals in it), giving many of our main players a well-earned rest.

I particularly liked the feeling that lots of players on the park were striving to impress Jose. A fantastic 'can do' atmosphere seems to be building within the club at the moment. But hey, a week is a long time in football.

I don’t think Dele played either outstanding or poor. His “assists” I”d say the first really were more down to ndombele. In fact the first goal deles pass actually didn’t go to intended target it deflected off their defender. He did have some good moments and got into good positions but I don’t think he got on the ball enough especially being one of the more experienced players. To develop and get into maureens team
he needs to offer more especially keeping the ball better which over the last few years as we all know he has been very poor at. At the moment GLC and ndombele offer much more as both creative players and actually helping the team out. Ndombele puts himself about and does plenty of tackles and of course holds the ball better than anyone else especially under pressure. If Dele was receiving the bill in similar situations as ndombele he’d either fall over or lose it. I think Jose sees that and hence dele is not getting into first 11. He needs to do more for the team. I’d say the same about bale as well. Jose’s teams don’t carry passengers everyone has to do their bit.

Don't disagree with you, but it was exactly what we needed at this point in time - A nice easy, confidence-building win for the B team (and several of the individuals in it), giving many of our main players a well-earned rest.

I particularly liked the feeling that lots of players on the park were striving to impress Jose. A fantastic 'can do' atmosphere seems to be building within the club at the moment. But hey, a week is a long time in football.

Sure beats losing to Antwerp and Colchester or getting draws that force replays against minnows in the domestic cups.

Some people just take little joy from their club.

You've got to accentuate the negative
Eliminate the positive
Ignore anything affirmative
Don't mess with mister in-between
You've got to spread gloom up to the maximum
Bring joy down to the minimum
Despair or pleasure's
Liable to walk upon the scene

Aretha seems to have got the words a bit mixed up here...

Last edited:
It was nice to see Dele be a positive influence on a game.

If Gio is out a bit due to his knock I hope Dele jumps at the opportunity, even if it is off the bench to rotate with Tanguy.

It is just about keeping a lid on things. I thought BT sport's analysis was terrible. They focused on Dele as if he had some sort of masterful performance (and for some reason that he was 6"4). The truth is that is was par for the course, he has to do that every game he plays. Even in the clips they showed, they couldn't hide that Ndombele was the true driving force of the midfield. He was okay, his attitude was good, now build from it.

By the way...it was only Ludogrets who also had a pretty rough time of it prior to the match. That was the most uninspiring performance I have ever seen from the opposition. I have seen much worse teams in terms of technical ability at the lane but at least they had organisation or at the very least some desire. Ludogret did not have any of that. I doubt we will have easier opposition for some time.

Back
Top Bottom