Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's an acquired taste like David Lynch films I'd get why someone wouldn't like it but it's a personal fave of mine.
no judgement or criticism from me, you do you. I spent hours reading Bleach just for the ginormous manga titties.

EpcVhwzWwAAQN9C

If only Sissoko didn't have the technical ability of a disabled squirrel.

Blame Bergwijn.

I keep seeing posts saying we should go for Neto

Have you seen how good their lot are at knocking the ball about?
It's 1 or 2 touch, bang, bang, bang. Our players aren't up to it. Putting 1 player who looks good in their unit isn't suddenly gonna make us look good.

Wolves and Liverpool have the players to implement it. Their players don't need 2 or 3 touches to get the ball under control, look up, check behind them, dribble a few yards. None of that. They just ping it around to feet, accurately, quickly.

I'm not digging our guys out, but Dier, Davies, PEH, Sissoko, GLC, Bergwijn and even Son are simply not capable of it. I've rarely seem them do it even before Jose (those that were here before)

If you wanna see that kind of football, you'll need a new squad as well as a manager who wants those kinds of players.

Instead, just accept our style of play suits our staff on the pitch and on the sideline. Generally it works and has bared fruit most of the season.

EpcVhwzWwAAQN9C

If only Sissoko didn't have the technical ability of a disabled squirrel.

Blame Bergwijn.
Don’t you dare blame Sissoko for Bergwijn not being able to hit a barn door with a proverbial banjo!!!

Moussa had a good second half once switched to his best position as Blakey will confirm.....

Don’t you dare blame Sissoko for Bergwijn not being able to hit a barn door with a proverbial banjo!!!

Moussa had a good second half once switched to his best position as Blakey will confirm.....

I thought he was better in the first half personally.

Losing at Anfield doesn't define our season. If we are to win a league title, dropping points at home to the likes of Everton, Newcastle and West Ham after only 6 games is a bigger issue. 11 points from 6 home games.

That being said, 7 points from 6 away games is where Liverpool ought to be worried about their title winning credentials, rather than taking false optimism from beating us at home.

Our home and their away form both need to improve. Yesterday didn't change that problem for either side.

Next month they face United on great away form at Anfield, and they come to Tottenham. Let's see where they are after their next 8 league games (3 home, 5 away). Makes a change from the focus of "lets see where Tottenham are after City > Chelsea > Woolwich > Palace > Liverpool" which I think we did as expect from in total (7 pts).

After 13 games we have arguably got some of the toughest fixtures out the way.
Chelsea away / Liverpool away / United away - also City and Woolwich at home.
Of last seasons top 4 we have played 3 away, 1 at home, and came out with 7 points. We're doing fine in that regard.

It's the gutter filth at the other end of the table we need to be worried about dropping points to.

This Liverpool side are nowhere near as good as they have been the previous 2 seasons.
This Spurs side are looking better than they have the previous 2 seasons.
There was a massive 40 point gap between the sides to close down, and it would be tough for anyone to deny that gap has been massively closed.

We are still improving while they are regressing. I take confidence in that as the season is still ongoing with another 25 games to play.

COYS!

Nothing I saw last night has made me hate Kopp less. In fact, I despise him more than ever now. Shouting and screaming like a demented moron.

Can't wait to get the nasty twat back to WHL in January and bury his fake teeth 6ft under the turf.

Thursday the 28th January, 8pm.

BRING

IT

ON
He was being an absolute bellend last night...I quite like the fella but by god he's become a big headed, narcissistic twat.

He was being an absolute bellend last night...I quite like the fella but by god he's become a big headed, narcissistic twat.
Sincere question - what did you ever see in him that was likeable?
To me, he's always been an unpalatable mix of creepiness and emotional immaturity.
There is something of Caligula about him.
If he was American he'd be a Proud Boy. In WW2 he may have joined the SS as an interrogator, then escaped to spend the rest of his life in Brazil, dealing drugs.
If your plane crashed in the Andes, he'd eat you and he wouldn't wait for you to die first. Stuck on a liferaft with him in the middle of a becalmed ocean? - Overboard you go, mate. It's the sharks for you and the bottle of water for him.
I can only think of a couple of people I would less like to have as a friend - and they were both serial killers.

The thing that worries me more than the narrow loss yesterday is the fear that the result means that sides stop showing up against Liverpool again and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy all over again.

So we play into liverpools hands and be wide open at the back. We dont have pacey centre halves to play a highline. If we played open attacking football people be whinging bout being naiive and open when we lose 4-1
Don't need a high line to play competent football. Also, Southhampton have two CBs that are no quicker than Dier or Toby and they do just fine.

We saw for 25 minutes or so in the second half where we played a much more aggressive game in the midfield and pushed our block up from sitting on the edge of our box to about 30 yards out. Dier and Toby were still deep, but we were not sitting at midfield.

I think the recipe is still what we did against them with Poch with the 433 that one year. We completely controlled them and played a rather subdued game for Poch. It was defensive but still far from antifootball.

I keep seeing posts saying we should go for Neto

Have you seen how good their lot are at knocking the ball about?
It's 1 or 2 touch, bang, bang, bang. Our players aren't up to it. Putting 1 player who looks good in their unit isn't suddenly gonna make us look good.

Wolves and Liverpool have the players to implement it. Their players don't need 2 or 3 touches to get the ball under control, look up, check behind them, dribble a few yards. None of that. They just ping it around to feet, accurately, quickly.

I'm not digging our guys out, but Dier, Davies, PEH, Sissoko, GLC, Bergwijn and even Son are simply not capable of it. I've rarely seem them do it even before Jose (those that were here before)

If you wanna see that kind of football, you'll need a new squad as well as a manager who wants those kinds of players.

Instead, just accept our style of play suits our staff on the pitch and on the sideline. Generally it works and has bared fruit most of the season.

Wolves play similarly to how we play. They are not controlling the flow of the game most times. Against Liverpool they had 39% and lost 4-0. They are a counter-attacking team that relies on speed and a big man to knock the ball down.

We beat southampton 5-1 because they played a high line. They lost to utd after being 2-0 up because they wouldnt change.
We still didnt win against liverpool in anfield with poch. This liverpool team are much better and have the confidence of being league and european champions. Klopp has had nearly 5 year and were shit for 3 of those. I have no doubt mourinho will adapt the team a bit more the longer hes here

Wolves play similarly to how we play. They are not controlling the flow of the game most times. Against Liverpool they had 39% and lost 4-0. They are a counter-attacking team that relies on speed and a big man to knock the ball down.
Nuno is Mourinho academy.

However, I have to say their attack hasn't been great this season. For all the plaudits they're receiving on this forum lately (mainly because they beat Chelsea), they've only scored 13 goals in 13 games.

So we play into liverpools hands and be wide open at the back. We dont have pacey centre halves to play a highline. If we played open attacking football people be whinging bout being naiive and open when we lose 4-1
We lost either way - Fulham gave them 5 times more of a game - ours was embarrassing.

Woke up 3x in the middle of the night..........Bergwijn clear and woodwork was the first thing that came to my mind. absolutely brutal. The more i watch that highlight, the more I think that it was really nice strike by Steve which normally goes off the inside of the post and in the goal. Similar to Kane's blast off the woodwork vs Woolwich. Overall he was really unlucky in the end and still put in a really strong shift. In watching Lucas come in, you can clearly see why Steve is way ahead of him Jose's system. I think he'll find his form soon.....In the meantime, lets hope Bale will be back soon to play that Wing where Steve's work-rate isn't needed as much.

Back
Top Bottom