Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

O8Va73W.gif

Not really looking forward to this.

Can't put my finger on why, it's not that I think we're gonna get beaten or only scrape a draw (although of course we might), I'm not one for having a gut feeling either way before games, just I'm not feeling that pre-game "spark" or whatever it is, where you're counting down the hours and minutes. I just feel sort of flat about the whole thing.

And before anyone says "Mourinho's football", it's nothing at all to do with that.

Can't put my finger on why, it's not that I think we're gonna get beaten or only scrape a draw (although of course we might), I'm not one for having a gut feeling either way before games, just I'm not feeling that pre-game "spark" or whatever it is, where you're counting down the hours and minutes. I just feel sort of flat about the whole thing.

And before anyone says "Mourinho's football", it's nothing at all to do with that.
Today will answer a lot of questions about the squad and if we have got it in us to respond to Liverpool’s statement win yesterday , for that reason I’m really excited to see what we are about , I think today is the most important game of the season so far , do we hide away in the corner scared of the mighty Liverpool and the fact they won’t lose another game this season, or do we we have faith in the fact it’s still in our hands and keep on there tails . I think to the press he will say we aren’t in a title race, but surely he has to be saying to the players they are good enough, and just win today and it’s back to 3 points again, and we have a great chance to take 3 points of them when they come to the lane, Liverpool are the favourites but it’s far from over

Not nervous about this at all. The games against City, Chelsea and Liverpool have shown we deserve to be mixing it at the top. We don't need to fear any team in this league. Expect us to take out our Anfield frustration on Leicester.

We have had a lot of matches against virtually all of our "rivals".
That coupled with the short wait and 3 annoying late points dropped makes this one a bit bleak I reckon.

Come the whistle I'm sure we will get going!

Totally agree.

Something about us as a club.

Could really start to unravel so completely get your sentiment.

With respect I hope you and me are very wrong.

Same rules for us as everyone else.

Liverpool lost 7-2 to Villa and drew with Fulham
Everton lost 4 on the spin
Leicester lost 3-0 to Liverpool and lost to Fulham
We hammered Utd 6-1 and they lost to Woolwich
We beat City and they drew with West Brom and Leeds
Chelsea drew with West Brom and lost 2 on the spin last week.

Today is as much a must win for us as it is for all of them. Mentally we need to win it, but a draw or defeat doesn’t end our chances any more than all the above results ended our rivals.

Totally agree.

Something about us as a club.

Could really start to unravel so completely get your sentiment.

With respect I hope you and me are very wrong.
To be fair none of us expected to even be talking of winning the league this season, if we are out of a title race come January then it can still be a great season with top 4 and winning the EL and we are still in the FA cup and Carabaro cup so there is still plenty to be excited about , however I have a sneaky feeling the team are going to be fired up today , they want the league and so does Jose so let’s see what we come up with today!

Back
Top Bottom