Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And fuck Mourinho, if we have to give up the players we have to implement his sistem fuck him. A good manager builds his team around what he has, and he's not doing this, just trying to apply his dinossaur tactics in a team that has his weakness where his tactics relies the most, defense and midfield.

A good manager would make us play attacking football exploring Kane, Son, Bale, Lo Celso and Ndombele, that are our best players. It's easy for us playing attacking football and winning 6-4, or 5-3 than playing defensive and win 1-0.

Let’s not have a meltdown, Jose has barely had a year as manager and what a tumultuous year (don’t act like he is managing under normal circumstances) he is still finding his way with a squad which has changed a lot, we are still fourth and points ahead of all but one of the ‘traditional top six’

Its a daunting task anyway trying to build a defensive juggernut with players like Aurier Dier aging Toby.

Spineless cunts, I’m fucking ill with it. No probs though just bang a shitting video on twitter of them fucking around in training and having a laugh. 41 years of this shit. Apologies I’m throwing my toys out of the pram

Hopefully idiots will stop calling for this now and realise he is done.

There was a moment where the Leicester left back flicked it over Bales head and he turned and you could see the grimace on his face at the thought he had to track back 10 yards, and this was 5 minutes into the half, It's the equivalent of me when I got to 14 stone at pub level and couldn't run or turn anymore.

We send him back and do it now, if Eriksen is available try and get him in as a temporary solution to add some creativity for the rest of the season.
So how much did you lose to get down to 14 stone?

Only kidding mate
:dierpochhug:

Completely and utterly outplayed from back to front.
Turgid gutless football yet again from Jose. This % bore fest only works when you scrape a win by scoring from the 2 shots you create.
“Arteta has a plan and look at Woolwich playing with intention and direction even in defeat. They have a clear plan”

Guido

Looking like we were always pretenders in the title race. This result is way more concerning than the one in midweek. Need to get it together now.

From the start, not recognizable as the team we've watched most of this season. A few players under their usual level. But the truth is we were untroubled until Aurier's mistake and were even showing signs of getting started ourselves. Once one-nil down, obviously it gets a lot harder against a decent Leicester team.

We've had a hard run of games. Leicester is a team we need to be close to our best to win against. No Gio or Tanguy 2nd half. So let's not crucify the team. We'll be back soon.
Who decided to take off Tanguy?

And fuck Mourinho, if we have to give up the players we have to implement his sistem fuck him. A good manager builds his team around what he has, and he's not doing this, just trying to apply his dinossaur tactics in a team that has his weakness where his tactics relies the most, defense and midfield.

A good manager would make us play attacking football exploring Kane, Son, Bale, Lo Celso and Ndombele, that are our best players. It's easy for us playing attacking football and winning 6-4, or 5-3 than playing defensive and win 1-0.
So bringing on Bale at half time wasn’t us going for it? He didn’t know Gio would get injured

As long as
Vardy suggesting Leicester had absolutely nothing to fear from us.

This is how our rivals see us.

Because they know we flake when the pressure is on, if we draw that game against Liverpool or win it then they probably think differently.

Football is a game of fine margins when it comes to mentality, the difference between winners and losers is getting the job done when things really matter.

That Liverpool game mattered, people were looking at us to see if we had the guts to do the job or if it was just the same spurs of old that don't have the guts or consistency to get the job done.

They got their answer and that's exactly why teams like Leicester know they have nothing to fear because for all the good we do, they know we don't have the killer mentality and that's likely what Rodgers told them in the dressing room.

Hopefully idiots will stop calling for this now and realise he is done.

There was a moment where the Leicester left back flicked it over Bales head and he turned and you could see the grimace on his face at the thought he had to track back 10 yards, and this was 5 minutes into the half, It's the equivalent of me when I got to 14 stone at pub level and couldn't run or turn anymore.

We send him back and do it now, if Eriksen is available try and get him in as a temporary solution to add some creativity for the rest of the season.
Or...Bale was playing some nice one touch stuff and no-one saw him in all the space on the right and decided to pass to Sissoko who then plays it square because he needs eight touches to control the ball...

Bale was bright enough when he came on- certainly no worse than the rest.

bad day at the office all round - Hugo was okay.

Since Kane scored at Palace, mentally we have imploded.

Bill Madrid wrote it earlier and was spot on. You could sense today from a mile off and yet hoped against hope.

It's perplexing and inevitable at the same time.

We do not dominate teams so we rely on other stuff. When that is not happening then what?

I said after the Liverpool game, we rely so much on Son and Kane that we are stuffed if they don't produce.

Got no idea where we go now but the last 3 games define this club. Not so much Spursy as opposed to never failing to let you down if you are stupid enough to believe.

I am not too stupid but did nearly start to hold some faith.

Pop.
Spot on, we've scored 25 this season, 20 of those are from Son or Kane.

Teams just need to mark those two, and we're in a lot of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom