Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't bear to watch these negative tactics he has no plan b whatsoever he's in the dark ages. I wish we got klopp when he left Dortmund. I have no doubt we would of won something under him and good football too

We'll be the first club to turn Jose into a serial loser... that's some achievement in itself!
They say the club is bigger than any player or manager... well so is reputation... and I think that's gonna prove to be the case!
Nothing Jose can do about it... nothing anyone can do about it!

Still, at least we were November Champions!!

Both goals were probably the least impressive thing about Leicester's performance today, but they were consistently in position to have the breaks go that way.

Need to adjust our style of play against the "lesser" teams - today was garbage.

Time will tell if this week just ends up as a blip/bad run and we can recover some consistent form over the next 5/10 games.

Wolves next in the league is another tough fixture
How are leicester a lesser team than us?

We should have brought on Bale.
Hopefully idiots will stop calling for this now and realise he is done.

There was a moment where the Leicester left back flicked it over Bales head and he turned and you could see the grimace on his face at the thought he had to track back 10 yards, and this was 5 minutes into the half, It's the equivalent of me when I got to 14 stone at pub level and couldn't run or turn anymore.

We send him back and do it now, if Eriksen is available try and get him in as a temporary solution to add some creativity for the rest of the season.

None of this surprises me one bit: our league position was false, Mourinho-ball is utter shit, our squad still very average, Bale signing nothing but a marketing stunt for a player that's finished. There was never real substance behind this so called title challenge. We are still in need of a huge foundational rebuild.
Table doesn’t lie
Old cliche but true
We were too for a reason
We’ve slipped back for another

We weren't sitting uber deep.

Yes, they did look more threatening than us.

But we were dealing with what they posed us with until Aurier fucked us.

They were bang on their game today.

Have to give them credit.

Without Serge gutting us, we would have regrouped at halftime and had a chance to tweak things.

We had a chance to regroup at half time and did tweak things. We took off one of the few players likely to help us create and left the donkey out there that contributes fuck all, who then contributed to their second goal (as he had the first as well).

We spent the first thirty minutes sleepwalking, just as we did at Anfield (and numerous other phases of other games) a few days ago.

Pragmatism OK, aggressive, pro-active pragmatism - passive sleepwalking any time is bollcoks.

Aurier was stupid, but so are some of the selections, tactics and subs. One doesn't give the other a free pass.

Everyone on this forum said after wednesday we would drop points. At home with squad we have we need to press and play at a high tempo. I hate the quakity of football tbh and winning something playing this way would feel abit empty with quality we have. I have no feelings towards Jose tbh which says it all. A real chore watching us

Not really looking forward to this.

Can't put my finger on why, it's not that I think we're gonna get beaten or only scrape a draw (although of course we might), I'm not one for having a gut feeling either way before games, just I'm not feeling that pre-game "spark" or whatever it is, where you're counting down the hours and minutes. I just feel sort of flat about the whole thing.

And before anyone says "Mourinho's football", it's nothing at all to do with that.

Great prediction - had the same feeling today and never felt up for watching the game.

Maybe experience supporting this club tells you what you can generally expect...

I think our problem is our only goals are coming from son and Kane , Son missed a sitter today and Kane missed a header that should have gone in, so even though we were so shit we were getting chances , but it seems son and Kane aren’t having a good day we have no one else to come in and score , shame we haven’t got another striker on the bench to bring in instead of Winks ? Although he looked decent when he came on but then Leicester at 2-0 were happy to just sit back , it’s a shit result and tells us everything about the team and it’s not good !

Back
Top Bottom