Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

very poor performance, could have been there all night and wouldn't have scored. If Son and Kane have quiet Days the current tactics will not work

We laughed out loud out loud out loud at how unbothered Dial Square seemed to be yesterday, how little fight they had in them, but we were every bit as guilty. Poor in the first half, an utter mess in the second. Zero cojones from all of them.

It's beyond astonishing to see people blaming Winks, who came on with what, 15 mins to go and us at 0-2? He was about the only player over the 94 minutes to inject some urgency, and thus bizarrely, given the utter fucking shit elsewhere, a candidate for our man of the match with Hugo, for the pitiful amount that that's worth

How can you say that? We're literally 20+ games away from anything close to title talk. If Liverpool would have lost to Palace you'd have said well I think the players got too much pressure seeing they could get back on level with Liverpool and played like that. Anything to excuse the performance.

Who is excusing it? It was shit and it’s the managers job to prepare the team properly, he wasn’t able to get the players to perform. He is the person most accountable.

But the players also have their share of responsibility. They are the ones on the pitch playing like quiet little mice against a Leicester team in first gear. Mourinho does not tell the players to keep giving the ball away. They simply shat themselves.

He's been shite since he turned up and he was shit today. I'm not blaming him, this is kind of what I was expecting. I do not get why he was even bought on based on how he's played this season, he doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.
I agree but maybe he’s doing something good in training

Has Jose given an interview yet?

If we cant rope-a-dope and play on the counter (City, Woolwich, etc) then the only times we've done anything in matches is if a team has been having a total meltdown of a game (Utd, Soton) or they've been absolute minnows (some of the Europa opponents).

Faced with any sort of obdurate and battling opponents - Today, Palace, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom, Newcastle, Everton, Antwerp, LASK, even West Ham for an hour was fucking atrocious - and games where we're obliged to have much more of the ball and break a team down, we're scratching around for 90 minutes, by law of averages having some chances here and there, but on the whole looking absolutely clueless as to how to go about proceedings. You cant keep doing that and winning matches, it eventually has to catch up with you.

Then there is the problem that Kane/Son/Hojbjerg it looked like one game too far today, really flat and low in energy. Behind them, the key players, particularly the two attackers everything is reliant on , we've got very little backing them up and picking up the mantle.

We've got to formulate a plan B for when counter attack football isn't on/doesn't work.

Excellent summary.

What a weird game. We had more possession, more shots but somehow gifted them 2 goals. They didn’t really earn them. Thought Jose made some bad subs. Next week will tell if we are really title contenders or just a top 4 team
The subs were OK.
The smarties are wrong. You would think it made sense to play GLC instead of Berg but it didn't.
There is human being rivalry between GLC and TN and GLC bullied his way into TN's position.
Pure bad luck GLC got injured.

What a weird game. We had more possession, more shots but somehow gifted them 2 goals. They didn’t really earn them. Thought Jose made some bad subs. Next week will tell if we are really title contenders or just a top 4 team
Imo id say we are top4 contenders and miles off the title.

We laughed out loud out loud out loud at how unbothered Dial Square seemed to be yesterday, how little fight they had in them, but we were every bit as guilty. Poor in the first half, an utter mess in the second. Zero cojones from all of them.

It's beyond astonishing to see people blaming Winks, who came on with what, 15 mins to go and us at 0-2? He was about the only player over the 94 minutes to inject some urgency, and thus bizarrely, given the utter fucking shit elsewhere, a candidate for our man of the match with Hugo, for the pitiful amount that that's worth
Because it's a mantra to the mindless.
Berate Winks, I'll get loads of likes and funnies.

I’m still confused as to why we are not winning these things as I firmly believe we have a great team. Yes, there are a couple of bozos in there, but so are there in every single team we play.

That was embarrassing. Fair play to the foxes for turning up .I honestly think things are so bad that we may get relegated to the Scottish premiership
Yes, we did well. Makes a huge difference having Ndidi back in the middle. But at the moment it’s like anyone can beat anyone by any score, so I’m trying to be philosophical about the defeats and not get too excited about the wins.

How i wish we had ndidi and not sissoko in the middle. Maddison is another one we missed
I hate myself for liking him, but he, along with Ward-Prowse are one of those players who play for other clubs that I really don't mind.... though I'm sure if we ever signed either, we'd manage to turn them both into average dross!

Who is excusing it? It was shit and it’s the managers job to prepare the team properly, he wasn’t able to get the players to perform. He is the person most accountable.

But the players also have their share of responsibility. They are the ones on the pitch playing like quiet little mice against a Leicester team in first gear. Mourinho does not tell the players to keep giving the ball away.
Of course players have their share of responsability, but once in a while you're hoping the tactical system bails the shit individual performance (and it seems Mourinho hasn't been able to do that since Olympiakos in CL). Instead it's the other way around, the tactics make players worse than they really are. I'd understand if we had a one day off today, it's absolutely normal, but we've been playing like shit for weeks now.

Main thing is our fan base doesn’t act like that bunch of pathetic clowns from AFTV after a defeat. Sometimes you lose matches, it happens. None of us are happy about it but hey, we have a 1/4 final to win on Wednesday. Mind the gap!

Back
Top Bottom