Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Call me optimistic but I wouldnt go into a game with Leicester and be so passive.

We're not playing City or Liverpool. Sure, they're a good side that need repsect but we should have offered more than we saw today.

Could have played for hours without ever scoring from what I saw.
Every one of their players seemed quicker and fitter than ours for some reason. Both teams played a lot of games, but they won almost everything

It’s ok calling fellow fans knicker wetters and melts but at what point do you start to think that actually maybe they might have a point. That performance was atrocious. We have talent in the squad but we will not win anything playing this way. I said after the Palace game that our league position flattered us. The signs have been there for a while. Playing on the break just doesn’t suit Spurs. We don’t have the ability to transition defence to attack quickly enough on a consistent enough basis as today shows. There are signs that teams are beginning to work us out yet we seem to have forgotten how to play any other way. Time for Jose to earn his money

We all know when the team plays shit, and we get pelters from Woolwich, Chelsea and West Ham fans, we don’t need the same pathetic shit from our own so called fans.

After a couple of good results playing 'hit-them-on-the-break', this tactic now appears to be our default way of playing (even at WHL).

In the first half I couldn't believe us playing with a back 8 with Kane and Son in midfield and essentially giving up 70m of the pitch to Leicester.

Lo Celso and Ndombele should not play together. Marooning Lo Celso on the right wing defied belief!

Bringing on Lucas and Bale and leaving Hojbjerg and Sissoko as our creative hub was mad.

Aurier (penalty) and Sissoko (failing to challenge in the air) should hang their heads in shame.

A lot of this is down to Mourinho.

We need to regroup for Wednesday and come back on Boxing Day with a more aggressive attitude.

Tottenham player ratings vs Leicester: No impact from Gareth Bale as Eric Dier as a day to forget | Evening Standard

'Tanguy Ndombele 5
Appeared to take a knock in the second minute and was hooked at half-time after barely making an impression'.

Makes Mourhino decision to take him off very explicable.

And Mouhino wasn't to know Lo Celso was about to pull up a minute into the 2nd half.

2nd time we've played Ndombele and Lo Celso together, and 2nd time we have lost

Aurier has played well so far this season, but his brainfart came back into his game - gave away a penalty for no good reason just before HT.

Sissoko has always been great athlete but not great at football including tackling, jumping to head ball or anything except powerful running. Probably ok against bottom half of PL but not top half. So no surprise found out for the 2nd goal.

One underlying problem is probably tiredness - Too many key players (Kane, Son et al) started with 30 minutes against Antwerp (10/12) just 4 days after playing Woolwich, then Palace (13/12), Liverpool (16/12) and then Leicester (20/12). Too many matches in quick succession......and its been a frenetic season before that. Need all starters to have complete rest against Stoke. Especially Kane and Son.

Need all the players to be rested before Wolves in 7 days time, as that has become an essential win to avoid dropping down the table further.

When i seen their faces entering pitch I knew we were in for something terrible. Physiologically, the players weren’t in it and that’s up to coaching. Its like losing to Liverpool meant our hope for the title is over. We panicked came out flat and uninspired even the manager panicked and shifted away from what got him to the top of the table playing celso and ndombo together.

Mourinho lost it after liverpool and so did his players. Pathetic just pathetic how we melted after that defeat and only down 3 points if we had just played our normal game against liecster.

League is not over but the way things unfolded today its going to be a disaster if something is not done quickly about it from management.

I assume mou is even losing faith in himself now allowing the words of critics get to him.

We need to reinforce the faith we had. Those two ugly losses are not the end of our aspirations. They must wake up. They are better than this. We are better than this.

I’m pissed.
Want to hear something weird I saw the Leicester City warm up pre game and I knew we were in for a bad afternoon. Oh and Kane looked weary in the bloody warm up. Why did we buy Vinicius

It’s a bit insulting that people who are concerned about our shit performances are labelled melters or even worse not proper fans.
There are some obvious trolls on here, but there are also some other long standing fans who are not used to seeing this style of play, myself included.
I am no less a fan than any of you guys. I want to see us win, but to see this crap served up week in week out is soul destroying.
Unfortunately, turgid football only 'works' when you're winning... turgid football, coupled with defeat is unbearable!
Jose has built his career on winning ugly... "we won a Trophy, so you can't complain with the style... or lack of"
But when that same 'style' results in a defeat, there is no hiding place... which is why I predict several of our players will be under the bus tonight...

If you win ugly, it's part of the bigger picture... it gets Trophies... but if you can't win ugly... blame someone else!

I’m not worried about other fans - I never have been. I just hate to see Tottenham play with zero ambition. It really hurts me Billy.
Me too but I don’t act like a clown and give other teams fans bait to bash us ove the head with..
A week ago we were top of the league, to me that showed ambition and a poor week will not change my opinion,

I’m not worried about other fans - I never have been. I just hate to see Tottenham play with zero ambition. It really hurts me Billy.
Sadly, I think today shows what we’re still up against within our squad. The mentality is improving but we are long way off being title winners. I still trust and back Jose. He has a plan and system that works. Players were just not on it today. Probably mentally knackered from a difficult week but title winners find motivation within difficult periods: our players go missing. Errors aplenty today too. If we can have a reset against Stoke and Fulham then perhaps we can go on another run. But, this does look again like Poch’s last full season: as soon as we start being talked about as contenders, something in our collective mentality crashes.

It’s a bit insulting that people who are concerned about our shit performances are labelled melters or even worse not proper fans.
There are some obvious trolls on here, but there are also some other long standing fans who are not used to seeing this style of play, myself included.
I am no less a fan than any of you guys. I want to see us win, but to see this crap served up week in week out is soul destroying.
Totally agree with your overall point. However, I think we’ve been decent this season overall. We were on it against Liverpool, just fucked up where it mattered. I remember plenty of dodgy games in and amongst the fun of Redknapp and Poch. When it’s working, our counter attacking this season had been great to watch.

Me too but I don’t act like a clown and give other teams fans bait to bash us ove the head with..
A week ago we were top of the league, to me that showed ambition and a poor week will not change my opinion,
Like I said I’m not bothered about other fans. If we are to sacrifice our identity for trophies, at least let’s win some trophies. I’ll be honest mate, I can’t watch this rubbish and pretend I’m enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom