Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also can Jose treat players equally. Sissoko has been shit in most games but always plays. Same about dier and davies but it’s always Tanguy the scapegoat. I want to see a team without sissoko and dier to see what happens. I said earlier in this match thread that may be winks should start in place if sissoko for this game. At least he would receive the ball in midfield unlike sissoko who in the first half barely touched the ball. I bet PEH has 3x the touches as him.

I'm a Spurs fan, why would I be happy? Has anything I've said today translate into the state of happy?

Not liking Jose the person, or his football doesn't mean I have an agenda. The fact that he's received praise from me at points this seasons attests to this.
What's wrong with Jose. He's had one transfer window and bought well. We capable of top 4. Wednesday is a cup game, go after them and a good performance and a win makes a difference. It's a cup we could win. That and top 4 are an excellent first full season. He needs more time and more proper transfer windows.

Some people need to learn the difference between melting and justified criticism.

If you're positive about that performance, it's you that is deluded. No one else.

I named 9 games earlier we've performed poorly in.

You shouldn't perform poorly in that many games throughout a whole season if you want to be taken seriously.
Agreed. Everton, Brighton, West Brom, Burnley, Palace and today have been dreadful. West Ham, Liverpool, City, Woolwich and Southampton good for 45 mins in each. Chelsea completely non descript. Newcastle was ok but didnt take our chances. Only complete performance was United.

Doesn’t sound like the spurs i and all of us know though does it!?!?
No it certainly doesn't but this is why he was bought in and paid a fortune for, get us challenging and not just for a league cup. So if he insists on playing this way he needs to start winning again pretty sharpish. This is not a great, free flowing Tottenham side where you can tolerate their maddening inconsistancies because of the entertainment which is why there isn't a lot of goodwill if we're shlepping about between 5th and 8th with tedious football.

Last edited:
Just watching that pathetic jump by sissoko surely he must be pulled up for that anyone else would be. He post match presser just says Aurier was a mistake. Kept going on about pool as well. Can he give it a rest!

What's wrong with Jose. He's had one transfer window and bought well. We capable of top 4. Wednesday is a cup game, go after them and a good performance and a win makes a difference. It's a cup we could win. That and top 4 are an excellent first full season. He needs more time and more proper transfer windows.
Loads. I will not clutter up this thread with my opinions, or even his thread as I've already listed them but I've not seen anything to change my mind, so I think they remain valid. Feel free to search my name for my comments in his thread.

This whole place is being flooded with conformation bias and agenda atm.....
stupid, stupid, stupid post

nobody who supports the club wants to see it fail.

But try - for once, to show some respect to people who don't share your opinions. There are some fans who believe there is a better way to proceed, there are some people that don't want to see the "skulk in the shadows and knife them in the back" tactics we seem to be slaves to.

Instead of trying to belittle people who don't buy into the win at any cost - no matter how awful it is to watch, why not just accept that not all Spurs fans have the same mindset, and that other people can want to see a different approach to get the best out of the assets that the club has at its disposal.

This holier than thou, "you just don't understand the tactics" shit is wearing a bit thin, it's not rocket science - and whilst it can work for a period of time, it doesn't appear to be sustainable. No team has ever , in my lifetime, ever had prolonged or lengthy success from seceding control, in football terms, to the opposition. The lengthiest I have seen was Leicesters title season, where they had to do it, as their team wasn't strong enough - and they got away with it because the moneybags teams were in transition either managerially or staff wise.

cut the crap about people wanting the team to fail, just to make a point. If anyone actually does think like that - then they don't support Spurs.

Jose focuses on what our players cant do. The strengths of the opposition too much. The team is over coached and too much analysis. Bale doesnt olay because he cant play right back. We have as good a squad as anything in the league but the handbreak is on. Klopp would win the league with our squad. Why?? He would give them unrivalled belief.

Jose focuses on what our players cant do. The strengths of the opposition too much. The team is over coached and too much analysis. Bale doesnt olay because he cant play right back. We have as good a squad as anything in the league but the handbreak is on. Klopp would win the league with our squad. Why?? He would give them unrivalled belief.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Where was Davinson Sanchez, he is the fastest centerhalf in the team your playing against Vardy why

Take off ndombele at half time why. he carries the ball forward there’s no midfield keep him take lo celso off

Defence had no one to pass to in midfield through the entire game, just long ball forward

Bale played 45mins he played better than Bergwijn and Lucas put together since the start of the season

Last edited:
Just watching that pathetic jump by sissoko surely he must be pulled up for that anyone else would be. He post match presser just says Aurier was a mistake. Kept going on about pool as well. Can he give it a rest!
Unfortunately Pool won't give 2 flying shits about us now so his mnd games and gripes there are wasted. They'll be concerned about United and City rather than waving bye to us in their rear view mirror.

Back
Top Bottom