Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just about everyone played badly today, we didn’t really have a good spell until the end of the first half.

Really disappointing, they should be getting better as the season goes on and they get better at anticipating their team mates.

Just about everyone played badly today, we didn’t really have a good spell until the end of the first half.

Really disappointing, they should be getting better as the season goes on and they get better at anticipating their team mates.
Seriously....What spurs player even had a solid game today ? I can't think of one. Reg maybe ? Ndombele had a decent first half then benched at HT by Jose when Spur need a goal which was ridiculous.

Seriously....What spurs player even had a solid game today ? I can't think of one. Reg maybe ? Ndombele had a decent first half then benched at HT by Jose when Spur need a goal which was ridiculous.
Regarding Reg, he was OK today but compared to how energetic he was at the beginning of the season, he was just a shadow of his former self.

The same with Pierre, his forward passing game has been well off and I don’t even have to mention our two forwards.

Something is definitely broken or we’ve been figured out, we have to change or adapt to regain our form from the beginning of the season.

Manure were looking flat and Ole was getting it from all corners... look at them now.

Everyone try and relax a little.

Plenty of twists and turns, yet.

Things change.
Haha, two people think that things don't change.

The Chinese have an entire 1,200-year old philosophical system built around just that idea.

Silly cunts eh?

956306.jpg

Absolutely
The melting on here is off the scale
It isn’t “melting”. That insinuates an overreaction to a singular result.

The reality is that a lot of people saw this coming even when we were winning, understanding the limitation of these tactics and how poor performances against the likes of Burnley, Brighton and WBA was likely to manifest itself in defeat against better opposition.

It’d be great to talk about what you’re seeing tactically that impresses you as opposed to criticising everyone who is dissatisfied as a “melter” like some sort of teenager.

For me, Jose has instilled some defensive solidity and managed the big games well.

Conversely, he has absolutely failed to find the correct tactical formula for games outside of that, and is yet to impose an attacking identity into this team. I’d also like to see him be a little more flexible with his tactics, the low block counter has become somewhat predictable.

That's not what I'm asking Baz. I understand why Levy would appoint Mourinho, I understand you understanding that, but in the terms of now and what he does subsequently, it's irrelevant isn't it, he should be judged on now, not what he did 10 years ago. Good and/or bad.
He should be judged at the end of this season not now

He’s only been here just over a year and inherited a mess

The reality is that a lot of people saw this coming even when we were winning, understanding the limitation of these tactics and how poor performances against the likes of Burnley, Brighton and WBA was likely to manifest itself in defeat against better opposition.

It’d be great to talk about what you’re seeing tactically that impresses you as opposed to criticising everyone who is dissatisfied as a “melter” like some sort of teenager.

For me, Jose has instilled some defensive solidity and managed the big games well.

Conversely, he has absolutely failed to find the correct tactical formula for games outside of that, and is yet to impose an attacking identity into this team. I’d also like to see him be a little more flexible with his tactics, the low block counter has become somewhat predictable.
I get that but there’s still melting from some on here with their own agendas

Just watching that pathetic jump by sissoko surely he must be pulled up for that anyone else would be. He post match presser just says Aurier was a mistake. Kept going on about pool as well. Can he give it a rest!
He didn’t jump at all
What are you on about?

If people dont have the stomach for a constant roller coaster ride that often rips your heart out, they need to find another club.

Just one nervous Yanks opinion...
I'm afraid us Brits are different mate.

It's not in our DNA to change clubs. Many of us go back with Spurs for generations.
What we do is come on to forums and let off some steam. Blame the manager. Blame the players. Call out the owners.
Then calm down a bit before the next match ready to start all over again.

Is football

It’s fine to use this low block counter tactic as you call it against Liverpool and Man C but we’ve got to figure out another way of playing against the lesser teams.

Leicester are good but we can’t be playing as defensively as we started with today, we’ve got to get used to starting more offensively and getting our passing gaem going.

As soon as we start defending too much our passing game goes out of the window.

I’m still dumbfounded. I can’t figure out the subs. Lucas for Gio was awful. Bale for tanguy just didn’t even come close to making any sense and then fucking winks on when down by 2. Seriously? I’m backing Mou through this but we have a fucking striker needing game time to get sharp and mou either keeps him out of the squad or doesn’t play him. Absolute wasting vinny’s talents here. It’s fucking appalling. How was winks gonna push us forward today?

Back
Top Bottom