Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh give me a break.

We needed Sissoko in the midfield at that point.

Winks was off so we were playing with our back 4 (Regy/Serge pushed high up too), then just Hojbjerg and Sissoko in midfield. Sonny, Kane, Lamela and Carlos were all committed to attackign so we needed Sissoko for cover.

You could argue subbing Sissoko off for Lamela instead of WInks, but we did need him on after both Lamela and Carlos came on. Get some sense.
Fuck that noise, we need a goal, Sissoko ain't gonna provide shit. It's playing for a draw leaving him on in that situation.

Take him off and bring a ball-player on an absolutely possess the shit out of Fulham.

I'd have more sympathy for Mourinho if we had created a good amount of chances both halves and Fulham nicked one. It happens.

But that's not what happened at all, we had no really good chances the second half outside of the Son miss off the post which we didn't create, it was a gift from Fulham giving it away cheaply.

We had a ton of really good attacking play in the first half even with a more defensive starting XI. This is why I can't understand people saying it's the players. How can the same group play so well in the first and then so obviously change the approach and play so poorly in the second?

Different lineups with different players against different opponents and getting the same result, there only seems to be one overriding factor connecting all of it.
So we had no good chances in the 2nd half except for one that's a goal 9/10 times?

If Son is half a foot back then Regy has a goal.

What about Moussa's dribble right into the box that if he could just have shot or laid off instead of tripping over his own feet would have been a great chance?

I swear some people do not even watch these matches.

Oh give me a break.

We needed Sissoko in the midfield at that point.

Winks was off so we were playing with our back 4 (Regy/Serge pushed high up too), then just Hojbjerg and Sissoko in midfield. Sonny, Kane, Lamela and Carlos were all committed to attackign so we needed Sissoko for cover.

You could argue subbing Sissoko off for Lamela instead of WInks, but we did need him on after
both Lamela and Carlos came on. Get some sense.
Tell me what did Winks provide? Answer sweet FA. I can’t wait till he’s out the door. Does nothing creative, wants the ball gets it and passes it back, absolute waste of space.

Having two chances and scoring one is actually an excellent return in Kane's case.

This isn't especially aimed at you but your post made me think about expectations. Fans in general have a wonky perception of what a sitter really is, but Spurs fans in particular have been spoilt by years of watching Kane and Son finish with almost unprecedented efficiency (compared to the rest of the league, and most of Europe as well).

What people describe as a sitter usually has an xG of less than 0.5. That doesn't just mean that not scoring is predicted to be more likely than scoring: it means that over the tens of thousands of goals that were analysed in the process of creating xG models, less than half of all similar chances throughout history have been scored. When you put a chance at less than 50%, it's not really a sitter anymore.
Kane's last shot at goal came in the 30th minute. Not his fault his manager sets up like he does. But that's what Jose is doing to Harry

And yet the exact same manager who got you to thinking just a few weeks back that we actually could is now responsible for ensuring that we actually can't.

Bullshit. I said a few weeks back when we had just been knocked off top spot that our league position was false based on our performances and I was shot down in flames. You can’t play the way we do over a full season and expect success because it allows the opposition to remain in the game and the longer it is 1-0 the more confidence our opponents get.

from grauniad:-
Tottenham never learn. Top of the league not so long ago, they have drifted out of the title race because of José Mourinho’s conservatism. It has become a recurring theme, yet Spurs seem unable to find the cure.

Fuck that noise, we need a goal, Sissoko ain't gonna provide shit. It's playing for a draw leaving him on in that situation.

Take him off and bring a ball-player on an absolutely possess the shit out of Fulham.
Beyond stupid.

If we had gotten overrun on the counter in the last 5 minutes because Moussa was off and we had ONE midfield player on the pitch, people would be calling for Jose's head.

Serious lack of mentality. Which I thought Jose came in to fix?
Jose can't fix the mentality of shit players like Aurier Winks Sanchez and Sissoko they are not good enough.
Our right hand side was shocking tonight.
We will never ever challenge for the league with players like these in the squad never mind in the team

Son had a nightmare today, missed 2x high probable goals, offside for the cross at the end which resulted in an offside goal.
We should have had 4 goals tonight.

Refuse to blame the manager when we did more that enough to win the game

Back
Top Bottom