Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I think I'll slap my laptop if that cliché gets rolled out in a post-match interview. There was literally nothing in this game that hasn't already happened (and cost us points) earlier this very season.
It's just a shit cliche...... "We'll learn from this...."

Why don't they ask Jose:

"How many times does the same effing thing have to happen before you do learn from it as this crap has happened 5 or 6 times in the same way this season.... Eh Jose?"

Why will we learn this time and not the 3rd, 4th or even 5th time before?

Jose makes two subs after we concede rather than making a third for Sissoko as well.

Just coward shit.
Oh give me a break.

We needed Sissoko in the midfield at that point.

Winks was off so we were playing with our back 4 (Regy/Serge pushed high up too), then just Hojbjerg and Sissoko in midfield. Sonny, Kane, Lamela and Carlos were all committed to attackign so we needed Sissoko for cover.

You could argue subbing Sissoko off for Lamela instead of WInks, but we did need him on after both Lamela and Carlos came on. Get some sense.

Agreed. We didn't lose this game because of Son and Kane. We lost it because Jose set out a defensive team that would have VERY limited chances to score because they prefer to tap the ball around a bit rather than attack. The mindset is wrong. It's bloody Fulham FFS.
We had pretty promising chances today but it did not go in. SO WHAT? We could have won it today by a 2 or 3 goal difference but it did not go in. Accept it. It's not Mourinhos fault if Son or Kane are wasting it. Just a quick reminder, Liverpool also just played 1-1 against them. "It's bloody Fulham FFS" lmao

Some of you seem to be really perversely enjoying this tbh.
I think on any online forum there's a big streak of people being satisfied if they're correct about something (and regardless of how José's time at Spurs actually pans out, almost everyone called how this particular match was going to unfold).

In the throws of disappointment, it's something to cling onto.

However, without naming names, there are some who seem pathologically fixated on 'I told you so' in any situation.

Called the result at the hour mark, draw was inevitable. If Fulham had of had a bit more belief and brought lookman on earlier they may have got the 3 points.

The maddening thing is Fulham looked all over the place at the back on the first half. Can I have my 99p back for my Amazon subscription please Daniel? :levystare:

I'm no Jose worshipper...I don't care who we have managing us...but despite what everyone says in here, I genuinely don't think we play how he wants us to.

I think we are very poor in possession when we get it from teams who are pressing us and it snowballs into more pressure.

I will agree that it's Jose's job to stop it happening. Like someone said earlier, he may have to go back to earlier in the season and accept we may concede a la West Ham occasionally but most of the time we'll outscore opponents.
I agree - it’s our woeful passing that puts the pressure on, which - ironically - then means we have to play very defensively to cope with the potential errors.
Back to the training ground.

Spurs 1-0 Newcastle
Spurs 1-0 Palace
Spurs 1-0 Wolves
Spurs 1-0 Fulham

Has Jose changed a thing in any of those fixtures after an early goal? How can you back a manager that refuses to recognize his mistakes and course correct accordingly ?
We specialized in throwing away similar points before Mourinho showed up. We've been shockingly fucking wasteful and unable to capitalize on opportunities for almost a decade now. People berating Jose for our habitual bottle jobs have a short memory. Yeah, Mourinho's brand is fucking dull and he deserves his share of the blame....but the rot goes to the core of this squad, serial fuck ups.

Second half was so predicable. We didn't start to bad but around 10 mins in we just conceded possession to them and we know what happens next, we've seen the same shit against, newcastle, wolves, palace, and others.
Why the manager thinks this game will be any different to the others is one of lifes mysteries.

It's pointless blaming individuals or saying we should have bought so and so on.

We deliberately try and play zero football in the second half of matches. Unless we get a counter attack we do nothing whatsoever. It's one big time wasting exercise/keeping proceedings in a holding pattern until the final whistle is blown.

Subs are going to do fuck all when we've given up playing.

There's no point calling out individual players as the reason for it.

It's on the manager. Whether by direct instruction or not, the whole fucking squad are under the impression that is what they are supposed to do to close out a game. It's on Jose to do something about it, it's happened enough times, and he hasn't.

It's just a shit cliche...... "We'll learn from this...."

Why don't they ask Jose:

"How many times does the same effing thing have to happen before you do learn from it as this crap has happened 5 or 6 times in the same way this season.... Eh Jose?"

Why will we learn this time and not the 3rd, 4th or even 5th time before?
It would actually be funny if he said it turns out too many of our players seem to be thick and can't learn from past experience.

Never going to happen, but still.

Back
Top Bottom