Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defending this sorry state of affairs by comparing it to the worst aspects of our previous regime isn't the gotcha that these dimwits think it is
There’s complete fannies on both sides of the argument though. Poch won a trophy tonight, which apparently proves he was actually magic all along.

The truth, as always is in the middle. Both managers are top quality, but have flaws. They’ll win more than they lose, but will still lose.

The so called best manager in decades won fuck all and signed the following players-
Aurier. £28 million
Sanchez. £40+ million
Moura. £30 million.
Sissoko £30 million.
£130 million spent we will be lucky to get £50 million back.
Ndombele also cost us a massive amount of money and 18 months down the line still cannot be trusted to complete 90 minutes on a regular basis.
We now have a manager who has won more trophies than we have in our history and some of you deluded pricks still pine for Poch.
No wonder other teams laugh at us
One Jose fanboy has arrived

I'm a supporter of Jose but he's not learning his lessons. How many times can we watch the same match of football over and over. We did create more today, we should have got a second goal but he has to take a large portion of the blame for the way he didn't adapt midgame. What happened to the ruthless Jose who would sub a player after 30 minutes if things weren't working? Why do we have to wait until an equaliser before putting more attacking options onto the pitch. It's getting to the stage where you almost want the opponent to equalise early, just so we have more time with an attacking emphasis in our play. We need to find a way of holding the ball better as well, we can't seem to seeing passes together (although I believe this is due to playing too deep).

There’s complete fannies on both sides of the argument though. Poch won a trophy tonight, which apparently proves he was actually magic all along.

The truth, as always is in the middle. Both managers are top quality, but have flaws. They’ll win more than they lose, but will still lose.

I just don't see the relevance in harping back to the previous manager, either in defense or critique of the current one - Mourinho succeeds or fails on what he does with us not by what Pochettino did or didn't do.

Currently he's costing us points and unless he addresses that there's only one way this is going.

I just don't see the relevance in harping back to the previous manager, either in defense or critique of the current one - Mourinho succeeds or fails on what he does with us not by what Pochettino did or didn't do.

And currently he's costing us points and unless he addresses that there's8 only one way this is going
Me neither. I know the old “you don’t know where you are going until you know where you’ve been” argument, but too many seem to want to dwell on what could have been done differently. The fuck is the point?

Blaming Poch for where we are is wrong. Blaming the board for not spending in a couple of windows is wrong. Blaming the scouts for not understanding Eze would have won us the World Cup by now is wrong.

We are where we are and need to look forward not back. How far back should we go for the tipping point? Sugar taking over? Selling Waddle? Fucking ridiculous.

Me neither. I know the old “you don’t know where you are going until you know where you’ve been” argument, but too many seem to want to dwell on what could have been done differently. The fuck is the point?

Blaming Poch for where we are is wrong. Blaming the board for not spending in a couple of windows is wrong. Blaming the scouts for not understanding Eze would have won us the World Cup by now is wrong.

We are where we are and need to look forward not back. How far back should we go for the tipping point? Sugar taking over? Selling Waddle? Fucking ridiculous.

I agree, to a point - nothing wrong with looking back and debating those sorts of things, but there's a time and a place to do so - using it as a reference point everytime you want to defend/attack the current situation isn't particularly sensible

The so called best manager in decades won fuck all and signed the following players-
Aurier. £28 million
Sanchez. £40+ million
Moura. £30 million.
Sissoko £30 million.
£130 million spent we will be lucky to get £50 million back.
Ndombele also cost us a massive amount of money and 18 months down the line still cannot be trusted to complete 90 minutes on a regular basis.
We now have a manager who has won more trophies than we have in our history and some of you deluded pricks still pine for Poch.
No wonder other teams laugh at us
I'm glad you're enjoying the football wrapped up in that blanket of "promises".

I'm a supporter of Jose but he's not learning his lessons. How many times can we watch the same match of football over and over. We did create more today, we should have got a second goal but he has to take a large portion of the blame for the way he didn't adapt midgame. What happened to the ruthless Jose who would sub a player after 30 minutes if things weren't working? Why do we have to wait until an equaliser before putting more attacking options onto the pitch. It's getting to the stage where you almost want the opponent to equalise early, just so we have more time with an attacking emphasis in our play. We need to find a way of holding the ball better as well, we can't seem to seeing passes together (although I believe this is due to playing too deep).
We have needed a massive clear out for around 2-3 years.
We have 6 top players (Kane Son Regi Hodjberg Lloris and Toby) and Toby is only 60-70% the player he was 2 years ago and still our best centre half.
The rest of them are players that would not get in any top 4 side and if sold would not generate enough money to buy the quality required to improve the first 11.
Take Kane and Sonny out of our team and we are a mid table looking squad

If ever there was a live action, before our eyes example as to why this mans tactics simply do not work in any way shape or form in the modern era, tonight was the night. I mean where do you start...

In footballing terms, Fulham played us off the park tonight. Their movement, one touch passing and attacking play was a level above ours all night. Fulham, ladies and gentleman.
Our attacking play is so shockingly poor it actually beggars belief. There’s no structure to it, no evidence of any kind of coaching at all. I’ve reference this before, but if you watch us play, almost every chance we create is just off the cuff. It’s a piece of magic, a lucky break away from an interception, a through ball from Kane or Ndombele to Son. It’s absolutely baffling to me that Jose Mournhio thinks that this is a winning formula. Yeah we’ll win some matches playing this way like Leeds where we’re lucky and every shot we take goes in. But there will be far too many games like tonight where all our chances don’t go in and we drop points.

The really sad thing about this depressing Mourinho era is that there’s every chance he could fluke his way to a League Cup, and even if he finishes 10th in the league and leaves us in an absolute heap he’ll have brainwashed a large number of fans who’ll claim his time here was a massive success and that he was some sort of massiah, similar to how some clowns claim he was a success at United.

The man is completely, and utterly, done and dusted as a top level manager. He’s also a slimy, arrogant, two faced prick to boot who I have no doubt will throw many a player under the bus before he’s through with us to cover up for his hopelessness. I for one, cannot wait until he’s gone from our club.

Rant over. Mourinho fan boys (if there’s any left) come at me.
I agree in many way but in none of the themes that you state here. Tottenham 2 - Man City - 0; flukey. Southampton 2 - Tottenham 5; flukey.

I don't disagree overall but utterly done and dusted? I'm not a fan boy but I think your undergarments are a little too moist.

Absolutely fucking irrelevant whether we should have been like 3-0 up at HT. We weren't, it was 1-0. And yet again instead of coming out and going again and trying to play we deliberately decide to play zero football second half. We don't even try and control the game via keeping the ball, we just lump it anywhere at every opportunity, make the game scrappy, and play for the final whistle.

We do fuck all and hope we might get a counter attack at some point. We got one with Son, plus a bonus Sissoko trundle that got him somewhere near goal. And did nothing else, barely stringing a pass together. Then they equalise, and all of a sudden we start trying again.

This isn't 2005 anymore, it doesn't work. You give teams a sniff and the quality in all PL teams can do something and punish you.

And it doesn't matter whether we win lose or draw. For example, 3-0 up against Leeds the other day and the second half, especially the last half hour, was the same type of crap where we degenerate to anti-football hoof merchants to see out the game.

It's totally deliberate, the whole squad are under the impression that is what they are supposed to do, and for me it's disgusting stuff to watch. Mourinho needs to fuck it off, or fuck off himself.
It is worrying that hoofing the ball is now acceptable. It is basically rewarding a lack of composure on the ball.

Ageing side with players who can't perform for 90 minutes. Clear as day.

That or the club has a hex on it.

Whatever the statistical breakdown the facts are painfully clear

We are not good enough.

We are good enough ffs

The reason our 2nd half stats are poor is because we're usually in front by then and are sitting back on our lead, as per instruction. 10+ points we've thrown away by sitting off of lesser opponents in the second half of matches and letting them take the initiative - games where we look much the better side when not playing bullshit tactics that keep getting punished

We are good enough ffs

The reason our 2nd half stats are poor is because we're usually in front by then and are sitting back on our lead, as per instruction. 10+ points we've thrown away by sitting off of lesser opponents in the second half of matches and letting them take the initiative - games where we look much the better side when not playing bullshit tactics that keep getting punished

Therefore not good enough.

What did he cost then?
He is still not good enough along with the other players I mentioned.
Still discredits your argument considerably though.
And to discredit it further, Pochettino has gone on record before, although not saying it outright, that it was Levy and Hitchen who were the driving forces behind signing Sissoko and Lucas respectively, not him. And as for Ndombele, he’s been one of our best players this season despite playing out of position in a system that is totally counterproductive to his qualities. If you still cannot see his absolutely outrageous talent then I suggest you watch another sport.

Furthermore, I did not mention Pochettino once in my post, so your retort is just the usual babbling nonsense that modern day Mourinho fans spout, clinging to anything that can paint him in a good light.

Back
Top Bottom