Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Sunday 17th Jan, KO: 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leaving Dele off the bench when you've got Gedson on there and two out and out centre backs is ridiculous.
Yeah this dele thing has gone too far now

Unless something big is going on behind the scenes this treatment is disgusting

I'm not even the biggest dele fan , he's been painfully average for a long time

But when Gedson makes the bench instead of him it's gone too far

Can people please stop complaining that's it's defensive - it isn't! We're effectively playing 3 defenders instead of 4 aren't we? Reg and Aurier will spend much more time going forward than defending surely?

Whilst 3 at the back against Sheff Utd may seem defensive on paper, I do think it's an attacking team.

Ndombele deeper. Three attacking players and two attacking wing backs.

I've wanted us to play 3 at the back for a while as I think we have better personnel for it. More so 352 than 343 so interested.

I guess if you can test anything in this league it's best to do so against the worst team.

Think at time out shape will look like this:

Son....... Bergwijn
Kane
Reguilon..... Ndombele...... Aurier
Hojbjerg
Davies....... Rodon....... Dier
Lloris
Pressing high and wide.

Just what is this 3 at the back bullshit?

Our main issue was lack of passing in the midfield. So we reduce the number of midfielders to two? And Gedson for Dele? Really?

It's a way to get Ndombele more involved in the centre of the pitch and get Reguilon forward more. It's not crazy.

Gedson being on the bench instead of Dele is nothing, he never plays. What does it matter that he's been replaced by another player who never plays? He's played 74 minutes in the league and PSG are coming for him. Jose has all but said he is not training hard and not responding well to being dropped. He has been in poor form for 2 years. It's time to look for new solutions and not wheel out a faded player who is not working as hard as others.

I'm not happy. I fucking HATE 3 at the back, but that's not the reason I'm not happy.

The reason I'm not happy is that with no Winks, Sissoko and Doherty who the fuck are the haters going to hate ? I feel so sorry for them.

I guess that they'll have to settle for Dier and Davies.

Just what is this 3 at the back bullshit?

Our main issue was lack of passing in the midfield. So we reduce the number of midfielders to two? And Gedson for Dele? Really?

Well it means Ndombele is one of 2 midfielders instead of a 3rd wheel.

So this could actually be promising. He'll be the guy we go to to reduce pressure. Not Sissoko or Winks.

Leaving Dele off the bench when you've got Gedson on there and two out and out centre backs is ridiculous.
It’s Jose doing what he always does. Being petty.

You can send Dele a message, tell him he’s not starting, but still recognise that when we need a goal, he’s one of our best options from the bench.

But that’s not good enough. He has to humiliate people. He wants to be asked questions about him so he can continue to put the boot in. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s doing it to annoy people at the club too.

Back
Top Bottom