Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was atrocious before he left. Like, really, really, really bad. Not just can't be arsed bad, but so bad him being on the pitch was a risk at times.

And since he's left, he's barely played for Inter.
He's finished. Don't want him back, don't want to see him giving the ball away most of the time.
Yeah that would make Sissoko's role redundant and we can't have that for the GOAT.

Dele Alli could be leaving for the rest of the season only - but would we miss him?

Hojbjerg - NDombele
Winks - Sissoko

Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Son
Bale - Lamela - Moura

Kane
Vinicius
The talk around Christian Eriksen seems to be a loan until the end of the season (to replace Dele?) so for me, the question should be whether Bale, Lamela or Moura would offer more than him

Genuine question, which player would you expect to be the one with the most chances created, assists and free kicks scored during that time?

Firstly, Son and Dele joined after Eriksen so played fewer games. Eriksen also took the majority of FKs. He was also the creative player that fed Son/Kane/Dele. I mean it's not really rocket science that the guy who takes the free kicks will score the most free kicks.

Eriksen 201 PL games, 98 goal contributions.
Hazard 176 PL games, 98 goal contributions.
KDB 168 PL games, 114 goal contributions.
Kane 214 PL games, 183 goal contributions (31 assists, over half the number Eriksen has).

Decent return for sure but the way people bang on about how amazing he was and back when he were here how he was more important than Kane is hilarious.

98 goal contributions in 201 games in one of, if not the toughest league the world is an amazing stat.

There's no telling what kind of Eriksen we would be getting back but imo it's less of a punt than the Bale one we took.

You could see how much Jose rated him in the documentary and he made some important contributions despite wanting away.

I could see this being a bit of a Levy deadline day move, no loan fee we just cover wages.

It would be nice if we start to see more of Hojberg and Ndombele deeper as Jose starts to trust the latter more. That frees up the number 10 spot where we only really have the crocked GLC. Eriksen could be a decent option there.

Yeah that would make Sissoko's role redundant and we can't have that for the GOAT.
Sissoko is limited, we all know that, but he gives it away less than Eriksen did towards the end.

This game really always stands out for me as to how bad he got

Gave the ball away against Olympiacos TWENTY TWO times. That is appalling.
And it just kept happening. And what he did well dwindled down to nothing.

If he comes back, it'll be a disaster.
If he comes back and it doesn't, I'll ban myself from this forum as a forfeit.

It's funny that those who think people are re-writing history in downplaying how good he was seem to think he was better than Messi. Madrid paid £100m for Hazard with 1 year left on his contract while not going for Eriksen at a much cheaper price. He is probably the most overrated player in this club's recent history.
Sorry don't agree the first 2 seasons with spurs he's was magnificent!! But now he wouldn't get into the squad let alone the team

He was hit and miss at best in his early days.

Mostly because we were hideously coached. I'm not surprised.

Still had a hand in 22 goals in 2,595 minutes which is about 28 starts in a debut season littered with shit like Soldado, Paulinho and Tim Sherwood.

Mostly because we were hideously coached. I'm not surprised.

Still had a hand in 22 goals in 2,595 minutes which is about 28 starts in a debut season littered with shit like Soldado, Paulinho and Tim Sherwood.
Yeah, guess we can't say for sure why, but his best days were after his early days and before his latter days.
He wasn't really bad early on, just went from hit to miss quite often.
I vaguely recall we had Siggurdson at the same time and they seemed quite similar.

Do/did you ever go to matches when he was at Spurs?
You're talking nonsense and you clearly didn't witness him sauntering around the middle of the park, no where near the area of play, appearing to be jogging around for the sake of jogging around.
I can't prove this to you, because like every fan, I didn't sit there filming him while the ball was somewhere else, but it happened, it happened a lot.

Running 10k in 90 minutes is walking pace. That's 14.5 minutes per KM.
I’ve seen him play a lot and like you, didn’t just concentrate on him, so whilst he didn’t have the ball, he maybe just just stand there. Just find that tough to believe.

Genuine question, which player would you expect to be the one with the most chances created, assists and free kicks scored during that time?

Firstly, Son and Dele joined after Eriksen so played fewer games. Eriksen also took the majority of FKs. He was also the creative player that fed Son/Kane/Dele. I mean it's not really rocket science that the guy who takes the free kicks will score the most free kicks.

Eriksen 201 PL games, 98 goal contributions.
Hazard 176 PL games, 98 goal contributions.
KDB 168 PL games, 114 goal contributions.
Kane 214 PL games, 183 goal contributions (31 assists, over half the number Eriksen has).

Decent return for sure but the way people bang on about how amazing he was and back when he were here how he was more important than Kane is hilarious.
You know the stuff I quoted was for the entire league and not just for Spurs? There’s many things to be debated about the effectiveness of Eriksen, but there’s no doubt at all he was a productive player.

Yeah, guess we can't say for sure why, but his best days were after his early days and before his latter days.
He wasn't really bad early on, just went from hit to miss quite often.
I vaguely recall we had Siggurdson at the same time and they seemed quite similar.

We can say for sure.

And I've said it plenty of times. Mousa Dembeles rise to being an important player.

Theres a reason plenty of players hadn't looked the same since his demise and subsequent sale

We can say for sure.

And I've said it plenty of times. Mousa Dembeles rise to being an important player.

Theres a reason plenty of players hadn't looked the same since his demise and subsequent sale
If we have Tanguy and Pierre at the base of midfield I think there will be more chances for our attacking players to prosper. Ndombele is still a bit of the level of Dembele, but he has aspect of the game that are better - forward passing, an eye for a defence-splitting pass and scoring goals.

If we have Tanguy and Pierre at the base of midfield I think there will be more chances for our attacking players to prosper. Ndombele is still a bit of the level of Dembele, but he has aspect of the game that are better - forward passing, an eye for a defence-splitting pass and scoring goals.

I think Ndombele is a better overall footballer than Dembele and certainly alot more talented.

But he's far off showing the same consistency across a few years that Dembele had.

But with Dembele, alot of our defenders could get away from playing out of the back because they all knew if they passed to Dembele, he'd be able to beat a press and keep the ball. Vertonghen alluded to as much.

I don't think Ndombele has the same security because he's not over 6 ft and built like Dembele was for strength. He's more of a slippery eel in that he'll beat a press and get away from you through skill and not strength.

Thisd continuously open up space for Eriksen, Dele etc. Which they never got infront if Sissoko and Winks.

I don't think Eriksen would be back to his best infront of Ndombele and Hojbjerg.

I’ve seen him play a lot and like you, didn’t just concentrate on him, so whilst he didn’t have the ball, he maybe just just stand there. Just find that tough to believe.
What?
I didn't say he stood there. I said he racked up the majoroty oif his 10k by jogging around for 90 minutes.
Wheras other players rack there's up by properly sprinting to chase balls, tackles etc and then THEY stop, he just trots around, slowly and casually and then people rave about his distance stats.

I really can't explain it any more simplistically if I tried.

Back
Top Bottom