Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This makes no sense. I am comparing Eriksen to Bale and Modric, both of whom gave their full in their final season. Eriksen did not. It's nothing to do with form, it's to do with effort.
Sorry, I don’t know , but Did Eriksen ever Put in ‘effort’ over his time? Did he ever go hard into 50/50s? Else is his decline viewed in context of The teams decline?

Sure. For Dele:

Vs Liverpool - - Started 9, Scored 1, Assisted 0
Vs Chelsea - - Started 8, Scored 6, Assisted 2
Vs Man City - - Started 10, Scored 2, Assisted 0
Vs Man Utd - - Started 9, Scored 3, Assisted 0
Vs Woolwich - - Started 7, Scored 2, Assisted 2
Vs Real Madrid - - Started 1, Scored 2, Assisted 0
Vs Barcelona - - Started 1, Scored 0, Assisted 0
Vs Juventus - - Started 2, Scored 0, Assisted 1
Vs Bayern - - Started 1, Scored 0, Assisted 0
Vs Inter Milan - - Started 1, Scored 0, Assisted 1
Semi Finals - - Started 4, Scored 2, Assisted 2
Finals - - Started 1, Scored 0, Assisted 0

Total starts: 54
Goals: 18
Assists: 8
Goal or assist every 2 games roughly aswell.
That Chelsea record though

Sorry, I don’t know , but Did Eriksen ever Put in ‘effort’ over his time? Did he ever go hard into 50/50s? Else is his decline viewed in context of The teams decline?
Such short memories.
The only goal against Inter at Wembley when it looked like we'd be exiting the CL before Christmas?
He took a huge dip in form afterwards but just look at our midfield/AM options now.
If the money could be sorted I don't see how he'd weaken the squad.

10k in 90 minutes is three times the world record. So, hardly achievable by “cantering around the centre circle”. I assume you are exaggerating for comic purposes?

And speaking for the stattos, those of us who like goals, assists and stuff like that and don’t need every player to be flying into tackles all game, in his seven years at Spurs he was:

The player who created most chances in the league.

The player with most assists in the league.

The player with most goals from free kicks.

The player with most goals from outside the box.

Scored 51 times and assisted 62.

For a guy who jogged around, shirked responsibility and went in the huff all the time, that’s not too shabby. Boots the arse of KDB, Hazard, etc.
First line, you've lost me - what?
The world record for a 10k is about 26 minutes.
I'm 39, I'm not very fit at the moment, and I could still run 10k in an hour.
A couple of years ago I was doing sub 50 3 or 4 timea a week

I get that people don’t want him back, but these efforts to purposefully forget or rewrite his Spurs career are annoying.

He was fucking brilliant for us, for a consistent period of time. He was also absolutely run into the ground by Poch, who had him covering the entire pitch almost single handedly.

Yes, he tailed off towards the end. Personally, I think he’s physically shot. Started young at Ajax, he’s already played more professional football than most others around him.

That is not the point.
I was just pointing out that ppl were saying how shit he was in his last 18 months. Those figures were just to prove it wrong. And to compare it to very-very little that player we almost paid 50 mil for has given us.

Whatever way we get to this, the point we need to get to, is he is nowhere near good enough anymore.
If Dele can't get in the side, Erikson shouldn't be in the squad.

It's funny that those who think people are re-writing history in downplaying how good he was seem to think he was better than Messi. Madrid paid £100m for Hazard with 1 year left on his contract while not going for Eriksen at a much cheaper price. He is probably the most overrated player in this club's recent history.

Whatever way we get to this, the point we need to get to, is he is nowhere near good enough anymore.
If Dele can't get in the side, Erikson shouldn't be in the squad.

Dele is 1-touch-pass-Messiah, Eriksen at least was very decent player with really good touch, very accurate passer and could help to control the tempo. Dele need the tempo to be set for him by others. Massive difference.

And once more - I agree that we absolutely could do better than Eriksen right now. And I would be happy if we'd sign a talented creative player.

Just out of options of doing nothing & playing Sissoko next to PEH vs bringing back Eriksen & shifting Ndombele next to PEH, latter option would strenghten our team

Such short memories.
The only goal against Inter at Wembley when it looked like we'd be exiting the CL before Christmas?
He took a huge dip in form afterwards but just look at our midfield/AM options now.
If the money could be sorted I don't see how he'd weaken the squad.
Him being on the pitch now is a liability.
Winks makes us negative with his safety passing.
Eriksen makes us weak by giving the ball away relentlessly.

First line, you've lost me - what?
The world record for a 10k is about 26 minutes.
I'm 39, I'm not very fit at the moment, and I could still run 10k in an hour.
A couple of years ago I was doing sub 50 3 or 4 timea a week
My point was that you can’t run 10k in 90 minutes if you are just cantering around the centre circle. There needs to be a lot of effort put in to cover such distances. And I thought “three times the world record” was clear enough. 3 x 26 is almost 90. You could maybe do a 10k in 50 minutes, but try it with a ball at your feet whilst getting kicked and hassled by other blokes.

Dele is 1-touch-pass-Messiah, Eriksen at least was very decent player with really good touch, very accurate passer and could help to control the tempo. Dele need the tempo to be set for him by others. Massive difference.

And once more - I agree that we absolutely could do better than Eriksen right now. And I would be happy if we'd sign a talented creative player.

Just out of options of doing nothing & playing Sissoko next to PEH vs bringing back Eriksen & shifting Ndombele next to PEH, latter option would strenghten our team
I think we have the options in our squad, right now, to leave Eriksen in Italy

We've been hindered by injury a little but playing the 343 we did against Sheff Utd was a good start.
The big problems are when we play Winks, Hoijberg and Sissoko but even they weren't that bad against Fulham, we were just unuckly not to have racked up 3 or 4 goals before ethey scored.

Him being on the pitch now is a liability.
Winks makes us negative with his safety passing.
Eriksen makes us weak by giving the ball away relentlessly.
These are our current midfield/AM options (not including Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Lo Celso who are 'keepers'.

Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Gedson, Lamela, Bale, Lucas, Bergwign.

Might not Eriksen be a useful addition?

My point was that you can’t run 10k in 90 minutes if you are just cantering around the centre circle. There needs to be a lot of effort put in to cover such distances. And I thought “three times the world record” was clear enough. 3 x 26 is almost 90. You could maybe do a 10k in 50 minutes, but try it with a ball at your feet whilst getting kicked and hassled by other blokes.
Do/did you ever go to matches when he was at Spurs?
You're talking nonsense and you clearly didn't witness him sauntering around the middle of the park, no where near the area of play, appearing to be jogging around for the sake of jogging around.
I can't prove this to you, because like every fan, I didn't sit there filming him while the ball was somewhere else, but it happened, it happened a lot.

Running 10k in 90 minutes is walking pace. That's 14.5 minutes per KM.

Madrid paid £100m for Hazard with 1 year left on his contract
I bet their over the moon with that, the fat fucker can hardly run now.
seem to think he was better than Messi.
Not read one post where anyone has said he was better than Messi.
He is probably the most overrated player in this club's recent history.
Is he bollocks, he was a prime component in Pochettino's team, you're talking out of your arse.

No i don't think we should bring him back, he's moved on as should we but this shitting all over him is pathetic.

These are our current midfield/AM options (not including Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Lo Celso who are 'keepers'.

Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Gedson, Lamela, Bale, Lucas, Bergwign.

Might not Eriksen be a useful addition?

No. Most of those players may be a bit limited on the passing and assist front, but they don't give the ball away all the time.

I really don't think people appreciate how bad Eriksen was by the time he left.
I have no love for Winks, Gedson or Lucas but all 3 are capable of not giving the ball straight to the nearest opponent.
Eriksen is a massive, enormous liability.

10k in 90 minutes is three times the world record. So, hardly achievable by “cantering around the centre circle”. I assume you are exaggerating for comic purposes?

And speaking for the stattos, those of us who like goals, assists and stuff like that and don’t need every player to be flying into tackles all game, in his seven years at Spurs he was:

The player who created most chances in the league.

The player with most assists in the league.

The player with most goals from free kicks.

The player with most goals from outside the box.

Scored 51 times and assisted 62.

For a guy who jogged around, shirked responsibility and went in the huff all the time, that’s not too shabby. Boots the arse of KDB, Hazard, etc.

Genuine question, which player would you expect to be the one with the most chances created, assists and free kicks scored during that time?

Firstly, Son and Dele joined after Eriksen so played fewer games. Eriksen also took the majority of FKs. He was also the creative player that fed Son/Kane/Dele. I mean it's not really rocket science that the guy who takes the free kicks will score the most free kicks.

Eriksen 201 PL games, 98 goal contributions.
Hazard 176 PL games, 98 goal contributions.
KDB 168 PL games, 114 goal contributions.
Kane 214 PL games, 183 goal contributions (31 assists, over half the number Eriksen has).

Decent return for sure but the way people bang on about how amazing he was and back when he were here how he was more important than Kane is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom