January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont see Ings happening.

Ings will not be starting on the right under Mourinho. That role is more RM than RWF and Bergwijn seems on track to keep the spot till next season at least.

Will probably buy a young WF/CF option or another loanee to backup Son and Kane.

There are more important areas like CB and playmaker that need the funds
I keep saying it but we need to get Pedro Neto in the summer before it's too late and we end up regretting another lost opportunity.

From what I've see of him, I'd take Odegaard.

Yes, please. A fellow Norwegian at Spurs is always welcome, but ødegaard is a different class compared to what we have had before (Erik T was the best, Leonhardsen and Iversen were decent, Baardsen a prospect, Nilsen just a loan and Grodaas didn't play for the 1st team).

If that was the plan, he would have done so this season.

I doubt Mourinho would sell a 30yr old GK, and also loan out a young homegrown 22yr old, just so he can keep three 35yr olds on his roster.

But I am sure there are better suited care homes in London
Well he is 4th choice at the moment so maybe he will be 4th choice next season, we can get decent money for Gazzaniga and Heaton is available on a free and HG

We still have to see what happens with Lloris because he will have 12 months left in the summer

Well he is 4th choice at the moment so maybe he will be 4th choice next season, we can get decent money for Gazzaniga and Heaton is available on a free and HG

We still have to see what happens with Lloris because he will have 12 months left in the summer
If we get another GK, I expect him to be much younger and a potential long term replacement for lloris.

Heaton comes only if he replaces Hart.

If we get another GK, I expect him to be much younger and a potential long term replacement for lloris.

Heaton comes only if he replaces Hart.
Or he could come in to replace Gazzaniga as I suggested.

I expect us to get a much younger keeper if Lloris were to go, but if we sell Gazzaniga which I think will happen this window or next, getting Heaton on a free as a HG player who is better than Hart would be a smart move to replace him.

A bit harsh, seeing that he's only played 24 minutes in the league and not been given a chance.

He's looked decent to me, when he has played, albeit against lower opposition.

Well that’s what I mean, the manager only thinks he can handle lesser opposition. 24 minutes in the league says a lot.

I think it’s incredibly unlikely that we spend a big fee on him unless he explodes in the second half of the season.

Yes, please. A fellow Norwegian at Spurs is always welcome, but ødegaard is a different class compared to what we have had before (Erik T was the best, Leonhardsen and Iversen were decent, Baardsen a prospect, Nilsen just a loan and Grodaas didn't play for the 1st team).
Is he wanting to leave on a permanent or a loan? I've seen differing reports on that.

If we could lock him up on a permanent then that would be very promising.

Is he wanting to leave on a permanent or a loan? I've seen differing reports on that.

If we could lock him up on a permanent then that would be very promising.

No chance for a permament deal imho, Real was his dream move.

We should try, but I think he sees himself at Bayern or Liverpool, the very top shelf of european football and we are the shelf below that, although higher than Real Socidead. Maybe Jose can pull something of with his connections...who knows, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom