January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're looking at both Ings and Sabitzer in the summer apparently.

Both will have a year on their contracts.
Would love Ings, but I don't see him leaving Southampton after he finally found a place to be a starter and play regular football, and a club competing for a European spot.

As a start for Southampton he can easily get whatever we can offer him as a bench player money wise.

We're looking at both Ings and Sabitzer in the summer apparently.

Both will have a year on their contracts.
Ings will be turning 29 in the summer, but if you could sign him for say 25m-30m he is potentially that third major goal contributor who could push us into a title challenge, he's a brilliant player with more to his game than just the goals.

I do wonder how Jose would fit Kane, Son and Ings into a team though, there's not really a natural fit among them for a right sided attacking role.

So not only they want us to take care of stupid wage they gave him, but also asking for loan fee? In another word, they are asking for some partial refund, and service the warranty to make him good?

:mourwhat:
To add to this.

Apparently Inter still owes us money for the move last January (they are cash strapped). So we would in essence pay them money so that they could pay us money.

They have a similar issue with Hakimi. Unlike Eriksen they don't want to get rid of him. But Madrid are still waiting on being paid in full.

Last edited:
Only ones I think we need to keep in our 21/22 squad are:

Lloris, Hart, Regulion, Sessegnon, Aurier, Rodon, Dier, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Devine, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Clarke, Son, Kane.

I like Vinicius but £40m is £40m and we may need to utilise that dough elsewhere. Honestly I’d bring Eriksen back in to help cover GLC’s injuries and to help bolster our numbers in the 3 or 4 positions that we have midfield & attacking pain at the moment.

Put it this way, would you rather Eriksen over any of Winks, Sissoko, Dele or Lamela? I know some do a different role but from a foreign max situation sacrifices are required for more overseas in etc. From my list the only one there I still get dragged towards from a nostalgic viewpoint is Dele as we all know what he can possess even if that was a long time ago that is was demonstrated in its fullest.....the others not a chance.

Only ones I think we need to keep in our 21/22 squad are:

Lloris, Hart, Regulion, Sessegnon, Aurier, Rodon, Dier, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Devine, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Clarke, Son, Kane.

I like Vinicius but £40m is £40m and we may need to utilise that dough elsewhere. Honestly I’d bring Eriksen back in to help cover GLC’s injuries and to help bolster our numbers in the 3 or 4 positions that we have midfield & attacking pain at the moment.

Put it this way, would you rather Eriksen over any of Winks, Sissoko, Dele or Lamela? I know some do a different role but from a foreign max situation sacrifices are required for more overseas in etc. From my list the only one there I still get dragged towards from a nostalgic viewpoint is Dele as we all know what he can possess even if that was a long time ago that is was demonstrated in its fullest.....the others not a chance.
The one problem I see with this squad list is that there are way too few homegrowns to play in Europe. Skipp, Devine and Clarke are too young to go on the list. And for UEFA purposes only Kane would be listed as club trained.

We would be operating on a barebones squad out in Europe. Possibly in the League as well if we are to go into the season with only 4 properly homegrown players. Then subtract Rodon for Europe so we would be down to 3.

Transfer News Live

@DeadlineDayLive

·
1h

Bayer Leverkusen and Leicester City are in talks over the €2m transfer of Demarai Gray. (Source: Sport1)

Aston Villa are close to signing Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson for £16m. Personal terms are already agreed. (Source: talkSPORT)

Marseille will finalise the Arkadiusz Milik deal today. The striker is set to extend his Napoli contract before joining the French club on loan with an obligation to buy for either €8m + €5m in bonuses or €9m + €4m in bonuses + a 20% sell-on clause.

Ings will be turning 29 in the summer, but if you could sign him for say 25m-30m he is potentially that third major goal contributor who could push us into a title challenge, he's a brilliant player with more to his game than just the goals.

I do wonder how Jose would fit Kane, Son and Ings into a team though, there's not really a natural fit among them for a right sided attacking role.
Kane as false 9 in a 433, maybe? Playing as a CF-type, but all taking it in turns to make runs. I'd love to see that.

Hmm, maybe 343 would be better.

If we get Ings we have to guarantee him minutes somehow. With the form he has been in since going to Southampton I don't think he'll want to go back to being a bench warmer.

But that is Jose's headache to solve and I do like Ings so I would be all for it.

If Ings wants to play for a big club again then it's now or never. With a year left on his deal he'd probably be a similar price if not cheaper to Vinicius who has been a non-entity in the league so far. I think we could easily find a way to play him and Kane together in certain matches.

If Ings wants to play for a big club again then it's now or never. With a year left on his deal he'd probably be a similar price if not cheaper to Vinicius who has been a non-entity in the league so far. I think we could easily find a way to play him and Kane together in certain matches.
One can hope so. I like Ings as a player and would like to see him with us if we could make room for him in the lineup.

Back
Top Bottom