January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny should run down his contract then leave on a free. Financially that makes the most sense and that's really the only relevant factor since like me he clearly sees our fans, manager and owners as cunts.
God, what a cunt. We had so much love for him, so much good will. A lot of us even supported his more outspoken nature, and showed a lot of sympathy for his mental health issues.

Look at the way Jan, Dembele, Sando, and so many others left the club. Even Modric who clearly saw Spurs as beneath him showed some lingering affection.

We would have supported him in taking what money he's owed just like we did with Poch. Just respect the club and the fans.

Wanyama's contract cancelled with some payout by Spurs just after a transfer window when Wanyama backed out of a good move to a Belgian club willing to offer Spurs £12m and Wanyama the same or better wages Spurs were paying right at the last minute
That one really bothered me, don't know wtf was going on there. All I remember is Poch made a rather harsh comment around that time along the lines of "spurs isn't a charity" and seemingly the very same week the Belgian deal fell through.

God, what a cunt. We had so much love for him, so much good will. A lot of us even supported his more outspoken nature, and showed a lot of sympathy for his mental health issues.

Look at the way Jan, Dembele, Sando, and so many others left the club. Even Modric who clearly saw Spurs as beneath him showed some lingering affection.

We would have supported him in taking what money he's owed just like we did with Poch. Just respect the club and the fans.
Drop that bollocks please. Spurs fans like most fans are fickle fucks. Most hated him for no good reason, scapegoated him often in his early days and abused him when he signed a new contract.
He had to become a top LB to just become liked (with no change in character). Conditional fickle love.

Modric tried to force a move to the chavs, missed games cos his head wasn't right, got a move to Madrid, and then helped tap up Bale. Legend. Sandro (who I love) disrespected our manager at the time (Sherwood) whilst he was here. That's not respecting a club.

Only difference is that Rose's injury fucked him up worse than he thought otherwise he would have also been on his merry way like everyone else.

Wanyama's contract cancelled with some payout by Spurs just after a transfer window when Wanyama backed out of a good move to a Belgian club willing to offer Spurs £12m and Wanyama the same or better wages Spurs were paying right at the last minute
Fair. I think being non-hg made it more pressing perhaps. Then again if he wasn't registered it's the same as the Rose sitch.

Fair. I think being non-hg made it more pressing perhaps. Then again if he wasn't registered it's the same as the Rose sitch.

I think we might have taken Wanyama out of squad by then so HG or non HG made no difference.

Just a question of cheapest way to get him off payroll whilst ending things amicably with Wanyama.

Drop that bollocks please. Spurs fans like most fans are fickle fucks. Most hated him for no good reason, scapegoated him often in his early days and abused him when he signed a new contract.
He had to become a top LB to just become liked (with no change in character). Conditional fickle love.

Modric tried to force a move to the chavs, missed games cos his head wasn't right, got a move to Madrid, and then helped tap up Bale. Legend. Sandro (who I love) disrespected our manager at the time (Sherwood) whilst he was here. That's not respecting a club.

Only difference is that Rose's injury fucked him up worse than he thought otherwise he would have also been on his merry way like everyone else.

Really?

Most didn't "hate him" - most thought he was bang average because he was and showed as much under Tim Sherwood and AVB the previous season.

To his credit, he then had 1 and a lf good years under Pochettino. And was praised rightly. There's so much revisionist history when it comes to Rose it's laughable. He barely played any more than Ben Davies between 2015 and 2017 (When we had our best stint in the Premier League) yet Rose seems to get all the credit.

We gave him that platform to become Englands number one left back and one of the best performing full backs in the Premier League and he then went to The Sun to bash the clubs practices.

1 and half good years in 14 and he thinks he has some divine right to get a move to Milan - laughable. Can't fault his confidence though.

Unless it's mistaken confidence and he's mentally ill - which is most likely the case after the recent fiasco with the police.

Really?

Most didn't "hate him" - most thought he was bang average because he was and showed as much under Tim Sherwood and AVB the previous season.

To his credit, he then had 1 and a half good years under Pochettino. And was praised rightly. We gave him that platform to become Englands number one left back and one of the best performing full backs in the Premier League and he then went to The Sun to bash the clubs practices.

He's been a waste of wages for a while now. The fact even Newcastle wouldn't want him permanently should tell you all you need to know about that prick.

1 and half good years in 14 and he thinks he has some divine right to get a move to Milan - laughable. Can't fault his confidence though.

Unless it's mistaken confidence and he's mentally ill - which is most likely the case after the recent fiasco with the police.
A lot of online fans hated him, a sizeable portion (stadium fans sung his name). He got regular abuse but it was insane when he signed that contract extension. Time has made us forget what nasty cunts we have in our fanbase.
He had talent since the days of Harry, behave about bang average lol.

We gave him a platform in exchange for his literal blood, sweat and tears. It wasn't out of the generosity of our hearts. We also didn't fairly compensate him when you consider what lesser players were earning. Him and other players like him were always going to be aggrieved when they cottoned on to the small wage extension game.

He had some good matches in our CL final run it's not that outrageous he felt he could do it in an OAP league known for being bossed by has-beens.

You're taking things personally and getting emotional over things Rose has said/did.

A lot of online fans hated him, a sizeable portion (stadium fans sung his name). He got regular abuse but it was insane when he signed that contract extension. Time has made us forget what nasty cunts we have in our fanbase.
He had talent since the days of Harry, behave about bang average lol.

We gave him a platform in exchange for his literal blood, sweat and tears. It wasn't out of the generosity of our hearts. We also didn't fairly compensate him when you consider what lesser players were earning. Him and other players like him were always going to be aggrieved when they cottoned on to the small wage extension game.

He had some good matches in our CL final run it's not that outrageous he felt he could do it in an OAP league known for being bossed by has-beens.

You're taking things personally and getting emotional over things Rose has said/did.

I remember the abuse he got when he signed his deal. He cried and deleted social media over it. I wouldn't really call it hate. It's no different to the abuse certain Spurs players have got over the last few seasons from their own fanbase when they perform average for such a long time and for as long as I can remember.

He was getting paid a quarter of a million a month. In hindsight, thank fuck we didn't offer him more. Imagine this scrub struggling to get in the U23 team on half a million or more a month!?

He had a few good matches here and there, sure. I'd expect that from any footballer playing in a Spurs team. Even Sissoko has had some good matches for us, even in our CL final run. So did Lamela. So did Lucas. And neither of them are good enough for us either.

I haven't taken a single thing personally. I admired Rose's performances against Liverpool and City under Redknapp at left back. I thought he was woeful under AVB and Sherwood and then was really happy to see him perform to a higher standard under Pochettino - but this game owes him fuck all and neither do Spurs.

He's had a lot more shit games than good ones over the last 4 years.

I'd much rather remember him for the guy who was part of a great Pochettino system. But for anyone to really think he's somehow been treated unfairly over the last few years is silly. Injury and fitness issues, poor performances, poor attitude.

I remember the abuse he got when he signed his deal. He cried and deleted social media over it. I wouldn't really call it hate. It's no different to the abuse certain Spurs players have got over the last few seasons from their own fanbase when they perform average for such a long time and for as long as I can remember.

He was getting paid a quarter of a million a month. In hindsight, thank fuck we didn't offer him more. Imagine this scrub struggling to get in the U23 team on half a million or more a month!?

He had a few good matches here and there, sure. I'd expect that from any footballer playing in a Spurs team. Even Sissoko has had some good matches for us, even in our CL final run. So did Lamela. So did Lucas. And neither of them are good enough for us either.

I haven't taken a single thing personally. I admired Rose's performances against Liverpool and City under Redknapp at left back. I thought he was woeful under AVB and Sherwood and then was really happy to see him perform to a higher standard under Pochettino - but this game owes him fuck all and neither do Spurs.

He's had a lot more shit games than good ones over the last 4 years.

I'd much rather remember him for the guy who was part of a great Pochettino system. But for anyone to really think he's somehow been treated unfairly over the last few years is silly. Injury and fitness issues, poor performances, poor attitude.
So either he was average or woeful until Poch like you claim, and you were then shocked when he became a top 3 LB in Europe.

Or like I'm saying he had lots of talent and positive attributes, and whilst exceeding expectations his eventual development reflected that.

I know which is more likely.

Rest of you post is silly. Lamela/Lucas etc have NEVER been key parts to the team like Rose has over the course of a season.

& I'm not going to debate how much abuse from our cunt fans is acceptable.

So either he was average or woeful until Poch like you claim, and you were then shocked when he became a top 3 LB in Europe.

Or like I'm saying he had lots of talent and positive attributes, and whilst exceeding expectations his eventual development reflected that.

I know which is more likely.

Rest of you post is silly. Lamela/Lucas etc have NEVER been key parts to the team like Rose has over the course of a season.

& I'm not going to debate how much abuse from our cunt fans is acceptable.

He was average under Sherwood and AVB - I am not sure how anyone watching Spurs during this period could disagree with this. That was the catalyst for the abuse he got when signing a new deal. His performances.

And yes, I was shocked when he became one of the best left backs in the league. I'd be amazed if anyone wasn't. Especially if people had seen some of his performances a few years prior.

His attributes weren't out of this world. He had good aggression, was a positive runner and had confidence. But he wasn't particularly intelligent and his final ball for the most part was pretty shoddy. Maybe we thought he could be a competent left back, perhaps a Ryan Bertrand. But he exceeded our expectations and for 1 and a half years, he was great.

I never said they had been key parts to the team. Pay attention.

You said Rose had had good games in our run to CL final - I mentioned three average players who also did.

He was average under Sherwood and AVB - I am not sure how anyone watching Spurs during this period could disagree with this. That was the catalyst for the abuse he got when signing a new deal. His performances.

And yes, I was shocked when he became one of the best left backs in the league. I'd be amazed if anyone wasn't. Especially if people had seen some of his performances a few years prior. Maybe we thought he could be a competent left back, perhaps a Ryan Bertrand. But he exceeded our expectations and for 1 and a half years, he was great.

I never said they had been key parts to the team. Pay attention.

You said Rose had had good games in our run to CL final - I mentioned three average players who also did.
The catalyst for the abuse was no nothing cunts needing a scapegoat. Many times it was unwarranted.

Well call me amazing and get Levy to hire me then.

The CL run games were in regard to justifying a place at a top serie A club. I could easily see Lamela/Lucas/Sissoko at a top 4 serie A club so that's not a good point.

We were discussing and disagreeing like adults why you gotta X me like a bitch Igula Igula

You often make good points but have no credibility as you will flat out lie cos you don't want to concede ANYTHING. Like your brain cannot accept that Sissoko can be useful. Most pointless person to debate with. Dismiss, downplay, and deny reality- your style.

The catalyst for the abuse was no nothing cunts needing a scapegoat. Many times it was unwarranted.

Well call me amazing and get Levy to hire me then.

The CL run games were in regard to justifying a place at a top serie A club. I could easily see Lamela/Lucas/Sissoko at a top 4 serie A club so that's not a good point.

And Rose was the registered scapegoat because his performances were average.

Welcome to football. That's happened for decades. And to be honest, it can probably tell you a lot about a player who can overcome that and not cry about it.

I can't believe we're having an argument over a bang average 3rd choice left back right now.

Fighting Cock is wild on Sundays.

We were discussing and disagreeing like adults why you gotta X me like a bitch Igula Igula

You often make good points but have no credibility as you will flat out lie cos you don't want to concede ANYTHING. Like your brain cannot accept that Sissoko can be useful. Most pointless person to debate with. Dismiss, downplay, and deny reality- your style.

Disagreed on the BS notion that Rose wasn't fairly compensated. He has got way more money than he every deserved from this club.

But keep crying if that is what makes you happy.

And Sissoko is 100% a pile of crap (as a player) that contributes nothing positive to the team.

And Rose was the registered scapegoat because his performances were average.

Welcome to football. That's happened for decades. And to be honest, it can probably tell you a lot about a player who can overcome that and not cry about it.

I can't believe we're having an argument over a bang average 3rd choice left back right now.

Fighting Cock is wild on Sundays.
Yeah I'm tired now, I have 3-4 post exchanges in the tank then I'm gassed out.

Utd vs Pool now, inshallah injuries.

Disagreed on the BS notion that Rose wasn't fairly compensated. He has got way more money than he every deserved from this club.

But keep crying if that is what makes you happy.

And Sissoko is 100% a pile of crap (as a player) that contributes nothing positive to the team.
You are your own undoing buddy.

Back
Top Bottom