Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

maybe
just maybe
possibly
he's doing what his manager tells him to do.......

so when he plays in a team like last night - and his manager says, you're it for tonight Harry, be offensive, don't sit back , I want to see you push on, then thats what he does

because he's a team player.

and yet, despite professionals in the game seeing him have a good game - the cerebral dwarves that post on here who slag the guy off every game, because they don't know what they are talking about, shoot the guy down, even when he does shine.

and the ones that grudgingly admit that he had a good game, can't let it go - "he's found his level."

The same people who were leaping around hailing Bales game as the messiah reborn.
And bale wasnt actually that brilliant last night 😂

Are they?
You posted the superior assists, and I just pointed out he’s been playing 6yrs longer
I don't think this argument really works. If I tell you Henderson is a better player than Winks (which he is).

You can simply reply, "oh well Henderson has had more time to improve".

These are just excuses for an average player.

Winks has had lots of matches against weak teams where he has been more brave and progressive on the ball. Then when he gets a chance in the league he goes back to safety first sideways-ball.

If he still believes he has a future here he must force his instincts to change. When PL opponents are buzzing around him he has to resist the urge to look at Hugo and look towards the other keeper instead as much as possible.
Now that is how to make your point without being abusive. :mourthumb:

Back
Top Bottom