Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's match day!

baby dancing GIF

You feeling confident Mick ?
Apprehensive. The reality is that we are playing a team that firing on all cylinders can rip any team in europe apart. But they have shown they can be got at by a team that shows no fear (Villa did it) and a team that shows no intent (Burnley) so I think I know who we are going to set up as.
Its going to be a game thats going to be similar to watch as the game at Anfield and Im hopeful that we can pull off a result like the City game, we have the talent to do it, it's who gets the lucky breaks on the night.
In Son, Kane and N'Dombele we definitely have the stardust factor, if they all have their magic at full strength then we can do this.
Seeing Klopp deflate like a burst balloon on the touchline will make my night.

Fifa21 had us winning 4-2 , dippers got a penalty for god knows what . We controlled the game.
Sonny gets two goals on the break , Harry & Moura . It’s funny in Fifa as you can be battering the dips but all the commentators talk about is how poorly this free flowing , goal scoring , dippers are playing

Put your Lego Star Wars At-At Walker on it

Fifa21 had us winning 4-2 , dippers got a penalty for god knows what . We controlled the game.
Sonny gets two goals on the break , Harry & Moura . It’s funny in Fifa as you can be battering the dips but all the commentators talk about is how poorly this free flowing , goal scoring , dippers are playing

Put your Lego Star Wars At-At Walker on it
NEVER. I'd sooner risk betting my kids!

Was tempted to put a big bet on us beating Wycombe in the 90 - glad I saw sense as would've been fuming and shitting it.

Man, I want to win this game tonight

Lloris
Sissoko Toby Dier Aurier
Hojbjerg Ndombele
Son Bale Bergwijn
Kane

Bergwijn is the key to help out Aurier defensively and transition the ball quickly into attack.

Get the ball into Ndombele's and Kane's feet and that will allow Bale & Son to cause havoc on the counter.

In game without the ball would look something like this i'd imagine, which looks a mess but it's pretty much the 6-3-1 low block Jose implements on the game.

Lloris
Toby Dier Aurier
Sissoko Hojbjerg Bergwijn
Bale Ndombele Kane
Son

:mourear:COYS COYS COYS COYS COYS.:mourear:

A win is the only good result here.

With all the factors: Liverpool's poor form, being at WHL, our rotten run of results against them - it really should be tonight we finally beat these lot.

Though a point would be progress I think we should aim higher.

No stupid defensive lapses and no missing sitters for the love of God.

Lloris
Sissoko Toby Dier Aurier
Hojbjerg Ndombele
Son Bale Bergwijn
Kane

Bergwijn is the key to help out Aurier defensively and transition the ball quickly into attack.

Get the ball into Ndombele's and Kane's feet and that will allow Bale & Son to cause havoc on the counter.

In game without the ball would look something like this i'd imagine, which looks a mess but it's pretty much the 6-3-1 low block Jose implements on the game.

Lloris
Toby Dier Aurier
Sissoko Hojbjerg Bergwijn
Bale Ndombele Kane
Son

:mourear:COYS COYS COYS COYS COYS.:mourear:
Bale has shown no sign of putting in the workrate necessary to compete with a team as tireless as this Liverpool team, who must be one of the fittest most relentless teams in football.
I think he will be lost in a game like this, based on the games he has played before. Admittedly his last game was a 150% improvement on anything he has shown previously in this trip in a Spurs shirt, but he's still way off the pace for a game of this intensity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom