Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, it was terrible defending on our part. But I didn't come expecting much. seeing Dier and Doherty against their front 3 hardly inspired confidence. I only regret that the goals came so easy

I wasn't even angry yesterday. They are just better than us. We have to admit that. We looked okay for a bit at the start. In fact, they could have scored more. As soon as I saw Lamela coming on, I new we were in for a bumpy ride. I got bored and looked at the price of currency name after a dog meme.

The first half was OK aside from the first and last minutes. Liverpool had a bit more of the ball but didn't look that dangerous generally, Son looked lively for us. The back 3 was working OK with one of the CBs hassling Firmino whenever he tried to get on the ball. I didn't feel like Liverpool's attackers were playing well. There was nothing between the teams in the first half aside from our mistakes.

The double blow of conceding that abominable goal in the 49th minute of the first half and Kane being injured, that would be a huge blow to any team. We came out looking terrified and shat ourselves straight from the kickoff. Fair play to Hojbjerg he got us back in the game but without Kane we had no way to really force the play. We couldn't hold up the ball, win fouls, we can't play well without him. Not when you are chasing a game.

Mourinho can't be criticised for the errors from defenders but he certainly deserves criticism for his substitutions. They didn't work at all even though I see what he was trying to do. When your striker gets injured you need to put your reserve striker on. We had too many midfielders playing all over the place in the second half and the straightforward structure of the first half fell apart.

Keeping Ndombele and Hojbjerg together in the centre is a must, if you separate them and start putting Winks in there and pushing Ndombele forward, we are not going to move the ball well enough to do any damage.

I wasn't even angry yesterday. They are just better than us. We have to admit that. We looked okay for a bit at the start. In fact, they could have scored more. As soon as I saw Lamela coming on, I new we were in for a bumpy ride. I got bored and looked at the price of currency name after a dog meme.
They’re better than most when they are close to full strength. Last night we faced a depleted Dippers, who’ve looked knackered, jaded and low on confidence for most of the season. They’d gone 7 and a half hours without scoring in the league and three of those games were against Bottom 6 sides - West Brom, Newcastle and Burnley. We’re the dream opposition though for any side down on their luck. Last night we excelled ourselves with a real Dr Tottenham Spursy special.

Anyone else heard the rumour about Hugo and Aurier having a ding dong at HT resulting in Aurier storming off and Doherty having to stay on?

Yep was just about to post this there's a picture of Hugo with what looks like a grab mark on his throat and a swollen eye also going about with it

Maybe explains why the second half performance was so fucking limp

If true hope it's Serge's last game for us although Doc playing every game doesn't strike me with confidence

Either way we are gonna need a whole new defence bar Rodon who despite his fuck up looked our best player up to that point, Dier (who should be backup and nothing more) and Reg.

After calming down last night in still not happy with Mourinho really, but we can't be expecting to win anything with players like Aurier, Doc, Sanchez, Sissoko Winks, Moura, Lamela a past it Toby and a Goalkeeper in Lloris who when the pressures on crumbles despite his improved performances recently

Big changes needed I doubt they happen though with what Covid will be doing to out finances

Finishing with Davies, Doherty and Winks to their Robertson, TAA and Thiago speaks volumes. We just have far too many poor-average players in our squad.

1. Very poor from Lloris throughout. He has a few of those nights per season where things just slip past him. Also he has become quite hesitant following his injuries, should be sweeping up for that first goal no problem.

2. One of Dier's worst games at centre back. Got everything wrong basically. Poor distribution and no composure. Lost every duel I can remember.

3. Winks was shocking when he came on. Think we all got a bit carried away with the Wycombe game. He needs to be utilised in a very specific way against certain teams. He shit himself last night.

4. Doherty may be the worst signing we've ever made. Complete fraud of a player.

5. Son and Bergjwin poor and ineffective again.

6. Kane's glass ankles back to haunt us. It was only a matter of time.

7. Shout out to Hojberg and Ndombele in the middle. The only ones with a good balance of quality and fight in there. Good be the makings of a very good midfield if we can put some decent players around them.

This is a bit of a season defining moment now. If Kane is out for a long stint then we are in big trouble.

For Brighton I want to see:

Lloris
Tanganga--Toby--Rodon--Davies
Hojbjerg--Ndombele
Bergjwin---Bale---Son
Vinicius​

Give Vinicius a run out for fucks sake. We have to try. Lamela is Lamela, he will pop up with the odd moment but can never be relied on. Bale needs to step up now. Be nice if Gio could feel like playing football again at some point too. Dele I have lost all hope for a redemption.

Bringing Winks and Lamela on at HT my God I thought we had time travelled back to 2018.

Loving the way that everyone is shitting Docherty's performance

So we take this predominantly right footed guy and shove him on the left side of the pitch, in front of the leagues top scorer who's backed up by a top class attacking full back known for his crossing and aggressive play.
And then all the football experts on TFC shit all over Docherty for not playing like a cross between Roberto Carlos, Paolo Maldini and Paul Breitner

Quick show of hands amongs all of you who thought he might have a tough time against the team that romped the premier league last season?

TFC and it's so called Spurs fans in a nutshell

Lets take all the players in lilywhite and BURN them, for hurting our feelings!!!!

We are all in pain - maybe we should shut the site down for 48 hours after games like this so people can go away and drain the poison out. These players don't play matches like this through indifference or neglect, they lost because they got beaten by a better team of footballers who took better advantage of the opportunities they were given.

Yep was just about to post this there's a picture of Hugo with what looks like a grab mark on his throat and a swollen eye also going about with it

Maybe explains why the second half performance was so fucking limp

If true hope it's Serge's last game for us although Doc playing every game doesn't strike me with confidence

Either way we are gonna need a whole new defence bar Rodon who despite his fuck up looked our best player up to that point, Dier (who should be backup and nothing more) and Reg.

After calming down last night in still not happy with Mourinho really, but we can't be expecting to win anything with players like Aurier, Doc, Sanchez, Sissoko Winks, Moura, Lamela a past it Toby and a Goalkeeper in Lloris who when the pressures on crumbles despite his improved performances recently

Big changes needed I doubt they happen though with what Covid will be doing to out finances
Lloris deserved to get punched in the face for that performance.

But agree, we have a bloated squad full of average players. The rebuild continues. (Well not in this window because Hitchens hates January).

Isn’t it a great sign of how far we’ve come when at this stage of the season we are talking about how need to beat Liverpool (and knowing we can) to go four points of top.

Not “to have a chance of top 4”.
Not “to consolidate 3rd”.
Not “to make sure we finish above Woolwich”.

But to put ourselves two points above the champions, with a game in hand, and chase down the the leaders who we beat 6-1 away.

Ok guys. Keep an eye on sammyspurs sammyspurs .

I’m off to have another operation so need to keep my health in check and blood pressure down. Spurs are not helping that tbh, going to be spending more time watching videos of icebergs or something. Maybe pandas.

Anyway his positivity was off the chart. All that Swedish air probably.

Currently his predictions look like this

Struggling to stay close to Top 4
Trying to consolidate 6th place
Over last 5 games Woolwich have 13 points we have 8. Which doesn’t bode well.

And over last 10 games we are 11th in the league. West Ham are 4th. Chasing down West Ham is now the aim not chasing down City. Seriously. West Ham who scored 3 goals in 10 minutes at WHL.
WTAF!!!!

This season might not be shit but fuck me it’s weird.

See you all on the other side.

Fucking Spurs adding to the shite of 2021........

Loving the way that everyone is shitting Docherty's performance

So we take this predominantly right footed guy and shove him on the left side of the pitch, in front of the leagues top scorer who's backed up by a top class attacking full back known for his crossing and aggressive play.
And then all the football experts on TFC shit all over Docherty for not playing like a cross between Roberto Carlos, Paolo Maldini and Paul Breitner

Quick show of hands amongs all of you who thought he might have a tough time against the team that romped the premier league last season?

TFC and it's so called Spurs fans in a nutshell

Lets take all the players in lilywhite and BURN them, for hurting our feelings!!!!

We are all in pain - maybe we should shut the site down for 48 hours after games like this so people can go away and drain the poison out. These players don't play matches like this through indifference or neglect, they lost because they got beaten by a better team of footballers who took better advantage of the opportunities they were given.
Doherty has been piss poor since he arrived lets be honest. We were sold a dud.

In fact, last night he looked worse when he switched to his natural right side.

He's absolutely clueless at defending - did you see his role in the second goal?

Fair enough you don't have to be Dani Alves to be a good full back but as a minimum you should be a competent defender. He is not.

So many fuck ups yesterday could just see it as that , a game littered with errors from the whole back 5 + goalkeeper.
Or you could see it as Mourinho tactical setup + use of personnel.
Liverpool had all their senior CB's out and yet we had 3 shots all game. Not good enough at all

It wasn't fine lines . Liverpool had 20 plus chances dominated 75% of play.
They deserved to win .
We can play that crap selection , negative football and we will loose again and again against them.
There are no excuses .
this is why I think whilst the easily avoidable mistakes that led to all their goals could be blamed, there seemed an inevitability that they would still win. The way we play is just with complete fear and our hoof balls forward seem so hopeful.

Ok guys. Keep an eye on sammyspurs sammyspurs .

I’m off to have another operation so need to keep my health in check and blood pressure down. Spurs are not helping that tbh, going to be spending more time watching videos of icebergs or something. Maybe pandas.

Anyway his positivity was off the chart. All that Swedish air probably.

Currently his predictions look like this

Struggling to stay close to Top 4
Trying to consolidate 6th place
Over last 5 games Woolwich have 13 points we have 8. Which doesn’t bode well.

And over last 10 games we are 11th in the league. West Ham are 4th. Chasing down West Ham is now the aim not chasing down City. Seriously. West Ham who scored 3 goals in 10 minutes at WHL.
WTAF!!!!

This season might not be shit but fuck me it’s weird.

See you all on the other side.

Fucking Spurs adding to the shite of 2021........
See you in May with your tail between your legs.

Please don’t hold it against me when I quote you that you was genuinely scared by Woolwich

👍

The stick I'm getting is unreal. Year after year its the same old shit. It's so hard being a spurs fan. It's like a fit bird teasing u all the time. At least if u are shit u know it. With spurs u just never know what u are going to get it's so flustrating

Predict 12th

Chairman should walk for not winning the title

Sessons not over yet, top 4 and a trophy will be our best season since 84, and is highly plausible
Why are most of our supporters Deluded, like yourself?
We not winning nothing again....
We not finishing top 4 again....

We are crap, our transfer policy scouts included are blind, levy gets paid per annum, he don't care.

Mourinho was/is the wrong choice, we need a young dynamic manager.

We need to play attacking football, at least its enjoyable watching us lose, instead of watching paint dry.

We are mid table fodder, look at the smaller clubs above us in league, why are they ahead of us?

Back
Top Bottom