Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southampton have been completely screwed by VAR today. Common sense judgment calls in the booth please. Clear handball in the first half, and I'm sorry but an inch of sleeve cannot make you offside. What a joke!

So if Ings scores using the top of his arm between his shoulder and short sleeve mark, are they going to allow the goal?

I think the rule is something along the lines of any bodypart you aren’t allowed to score with, can't be ruled offside, so by that logic they would have to give a goal scored with the sleeve

Never been allowed in games I've played. 10 out of 10 times the upper arm would be given as a handball

They can't give a yellow and I don't think it's a red.
I guess it's a matter of opinion but if you don't think an intention raking of the calf and achilles with no play on the ball isn't a red then we'll have to disagree. My question would be what should the punishment be for intentionally harming/potentially injuring an opponent? For me there should be no place in the game for this type of cunty maneuver...that is unless I get a freebie of retribution. It can't go unpunished.

This reminds me of the red Mike Dean (?) gave to the Woolwich player who pulled a player back by the shirt when he had no play on the ball. If every ref did this we would see more football. Consistent application of the rules and cracking down on shit 'challenges' would likely see fewer injuries and more football.

Plus it's Bruno (and ManU) who gets away with far too many of these types of shit challenges. But on the other hand it is Xhaka on the receiving end...

tenor.gif

So if Ings scores using the top of his arm between his shoulder and short sleeve mark, are they going to allow the goal?
I think the rule is something along the lines of any bodypart you aren’t allowed to score with, can't be ruled offside, so by that logic they would have to give a goal scored with the sleeve

Never been allowed in games I've played. 10 out of 10 times the upper arm would be given as a handball
hd.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom