Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
When bergwijn arrived last season. Fireworks. Become attritional under jose. He can be a big player for us if hes released from the shackles. Would like to see how devine does with a little cameo. 3 points please jose.

Good news = Dier/Doherty dropped
Bad news = Sanchez at RB potentially or even if he's not we've got Sissoko/Davies at WB
+ No Vinicius

Mourinho doesn't really know what he's doing does he? Well only time will tell

The rambling about Vinicius reminds me of people screaming for Parrott last season. If the coaches don’t think he’s ready then they are probably right. They train him every day.

He has looked good in the games when he has played though.

How awful can he be in training that they should ignore what he has shown on the field, even if it is against weak opponents. He has been one of the best attackers out there in each game he has played.

I understand if he wasn't playing and only in training like Parrot, but we have seen him on the field and it has been pretty good.

Trying to stay positive, Bale, Son and Tanguy in the same team. Should in theory have enough quality in that 3 to deal with Brighton.

In theory..
I could easily see us smash 4 past them if Bale keeps progressing like he did last match and if Ndombele, Son and Bergwijn combine well. They are so much better than anyone on Brighton.

I could also easily see us struggling to create without a focal point up top, and despite us playing a ludicrously defensive setup, probably letting in 2 or more because more defenders does not mean better defense by default.

How does anyone know if he doesn’t get a kick? We got him in for exact moments like this and it’s incredible he isn’t starting in my opinion
The coaches, if they're worth anything, are at least going to have an idea how players stack up and if they're ready for big games based on training alone. The two major explanations are either (a) Jose has a vendetta against Vinicius (not impossible given what Jose's supposed to be like) or (b) he simply hasn't shown enough in training (typically the more likely option). It's impossible for us to know one way or the other.

The rambling about Vinicius reminds me of people screaming for Parrott last season. If the coaches don’t think he’s ready then they are probably right. They train him every day.
It's not comparable imo, Parrot was an academy product, Vinny was bought for these exact scenarios. Jose spent all last season moaning we didn't have a backup striker in the event of a kane or son injury, and now he has one he isn't playing him, we are basically admitting we bought a dud. That's the statement Jose is sending out by not starting him, and I'm sure its not lost on Vinny.

He has looked good in the games when he has played though.

How awful can he be in training that they should ignore what he has shown on the field, even if it is against weak opponents. He has been one of the best attackers out there in each game he has played.

I understand if he wasn't playing and only in training like Parrot, but we have seen him on the field and it has been pretty good.

Against semi-pros he was OK. Struggled against Wycombe and Antwerp.

Son has always scored when Harry has been injured before, he will score now. I’m much more worried about Sissoko and Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom