Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
He's got a point, hide it till the corners dealt with, then sort it.

I'm sure the officials will have stopped it anyhow with it being a blood injury.

I get what Souness is saying. But Souness also needs to get over the fact that the game has changed since his day. He goes around thinking it's a fight till the death kind of game.

Sometimes we are like proud cockerels, but all too often like headless chickens.

I can remember the proud cockerel days, so you can see that I’m pretty old, and what Dave Mackay would say and do to under performing players.

We need someone like him today, but perhaps today’s team would just down tools, sulk and cry.

Since those glorious day, we have so many managers, good and bad, but it seems that the overall results are not so good or not long lasting.

Seriously, it might be better if we didn’t have a manager / coach, because the players don’ t seem to listen, respect etc him. They usually play their own style anyway.

Really, WHAT is their purpose for playing for Tottenham???

I suggest that these headless chickens should have their salary performance based, this would surely motivate their primdonna ego and their pockets.

Last night was the worst I’ve ever seen us I think, it was like some lads won a “Play the Fans competition” where they got to try out against Brighton’s first team

Sorry but there’s a pattern emerging here, and it seems to be a culture of:

don’t like the training? Stop performing
don’t like the tactics? Stop trying

The players need to have a long hard look in the mirror.

Poch and Jose have flaws, but NO manager orders shit like that

I watched a 45 minute extended highlights. They showed 2 attempts on goal from Spurs. 2 soft shots right at the keeper.

That was a hard 45 minutes.

I need to find an agent who'll get me an employment contract that pays champagne money, for smart price lemonade performances at work. There has to be some kind of reality reset in the skewed world of elite football.

Lots of toys going out of prams in threads all over the place here. Through thick and thin, no?

...glad we don't have support like some of this in the stadium. The booing would really gee them up. 2 losses in a row (one vs. Liverpool and with injury issues) and it's fucking panic stations. Ridiculous IMO.

It's panic stations because having spend 1/4 billion pounds on players; and we look worse than when we had Danny Rose and Fazio playing.

We lost to Brighton, Leicester, Liverpool(twice), Everton

Drew to Palace, Fulham, Wolves, Newcastle, West Ham, Chelsea

That's why its panic stations. We are dreadful to watch and a laughing stock. We are below West Fucking Ham.

It takes a season like this to realise there ARE more important things in life to worry about...

Health, Happiness and mental well being are key right now... football isn't the be all and end all... we all know that. It's just that in 'normal times', it's easy to forget that it doesn't really matter, and we all get caught up in the ridiculous seriousness of it all...
...but this year, it does actually have a genuine responsibility and an important part to play in peoples' lives. It was supposed to be a mere distraction from the awfulness of the current situation throughout the world ...but if Spurs can't even help alleviate some of that right now, then seriously, I'm struggling to see why i'm worrying about them any more.

I'm a Tottenham fan, and always will be. I have loved them throughout my life, and will continue to do so... I have allowed myself to care more about Spurs than I probably should do at my age... but right now, they're seriously not helping ANYONE'S mental well being, and the worst of it is... I genuinely don't think they care... they really don't realise the responsibility they have week in week out.
I'm not saying we win every game, but at least LOOK LIKE YOU GIVE A FUCKING SHIT about the club you represent, and the club that so many thousands of Spurs fans love, care and think about day and night.

As it is... once the final whistle goes, regardless of the result, when they go home through their electric gates to their luxury pads, and count the 200k+ they've stolen this week, I think they're laughing at sad fucks like us who actually let it AFFECT what their performance (or lack of) has done to our week!!

I don't mean to make light of it, and I know it's not the same thing, it's an analogy, but sometimes, I feel that supporting Spurs (and other clubs who do this to their fans I presume) is like being an abused partner who can't get out of the relationship!
I'm trapped... I love, and hate the person who is doing this to me... yet i'll come back to them every time like the soppy cunt I am, and await (and take) further abuse!

fuck you Spurs... seriously, fuck you sometimes*

P.S: *I love you!

Being a Spurs supporter is like nothing else:)

You’ve gotta be a pretty tough individual to withstand being a Spurs Supporter:)

It takes a season like this to realise there ARE more important things in life to worry about...

Health, Happiness and mental well being are key right now... football isn't the be all and end all... we all know that. It's just that in 'normal times', it's easy to forget that it doesn't really matter, and we all get caught up in the ridiculous seriousness of it all...
...but this year, it does actually have a genuine responsibility and an important part to play in peoples' lives. It was supposed to be a mere distraction from the awfulness of the current situation throughout the world ...but if Spurs can't even help alleviate some of that right now, then seriously, I'm struggling to see why i'm worrying about them any more.

I'm a Tottenham fan, and always will be. I have loved them throughout my life, and will continue to do so... I have allowed myself to care more about Spurs than I probably should do at my age... but right now, they're seriously not helping ANYONE'S mental well being, and the worst of it is... I genuinely don't think they care... they really don't realise the responsibility they have week in week out.
I'm not saying we win every game, but at least LOOK LIKE YOU GIVE A FUCKING SHIT about the club you represent, and the club that so many thousands of Spurs fans love, care and think about day and night.

As it is... once the final whistle goes, regardless of the result, when they go home through their electric gates to their luxury pads, and count the 200k+ they've stolen this week, I think they're laughing at sad fucks like us who actually let it AFFECT what their performance (or lack of) has done to our week!!

I don't mean to make light of it, and I know it's not the same thing, it's an analogy, but sometimes, I feel that supporting Spurs (and other clubs who do this to their fans I presume) is like being an abused partner who can't get out of the relationship!
I'm trapped... I love, and hate the person who is doing this to me... yet i'll come back to them every time like the soppy cunt I am, and await (and take) further abuse!

fuck you Spurs... seriously, fuck you sometimes*

P.S: *I love you!
Brilliant

Probably thanking his lucky stars he got out of this shit show. Let someone else oversee the rest of our decline.
So what is the crux here?
What makes the players beat Utd 6-1 then like last night?

Being deadly serious here, but I genuinely don’t see the logic behind “Levy did it”

Whats actually happening?

Mate, i'm a staunch Jose supporter, but wow today was hard to watch.

Love this Club, but the scoreline flattered us.

Im gutted, but I cant blame the comments here after that. Hope we can turn it around.
There is no way jose can turn this round, his post match interview for any right minded person, even the most stubborn of individuals, would of just apologised to the fans, the club hierachy and foot the blame, right or wrong, accept it, go home reflect, come back in monday morning, clear the slate and start afresh.

Unless someones has died or is life threatening condition, sadness is not a word, you use to describe the tripe that has been served for the last few weeks and especially last night.

It's truly unforgivable..............

Text I got from insider:
Mourinho on borrowed time. Slowly losing the dressing room because he is insisting on playing three at the back which quickly becomes 5 at the back and an over run midfield. The players hate it and quite frankly I don’t think we have the personnel capable. Player power largely made the half time change

So what is the crux here?
What makes the players beat Utd 6-1 then like last night?

Being deadly serious here, but I genuinely don’t see the logic behind “Levy did it”

Whats actually happening?

I think the constant cycle of Mourinho blaming a player, putting them on the naughty step - and then brining them back when he does the same to the replacement has run thin.

They just don't believe or trust him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom