Chelsea (H) 4/2/2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know some have always been skeptical of Mourinho‘s style, but for most of his time here you’d could see what he was trying to do and there were certain things we did well.

That’s all gone now, this is entirely different. We can’t do anything well, doesn’t look like there’s a plan tactically, even defensively.

Dressing room might be gone, tbh.
Mourinho his approach does not work if you concede goals like that. It's not the first time and it keeps killing the spirit match by match.

Our problem is midfield.

Has been for a while, now.

There's nothing there to properly join our game up between defence and attack.

No fluidity through the phases.

Detached and not compact.

In short: we're not playing football.
It’s not because we don’t have the players.

It’s because we are set up too defensively and don’t push forward as a team, because that’s how Jose likes it.

I’ll bet my right testicle that when Jose gets kicked out and we get a more attack minded manager, these same players will be stroking it about in the midfield,

Ndombele looks frustrated as fuck
He'S UnFiTtT ThOuGHhHh

brian regan what GIF

Ndombele needs to play deeper and help get the ball through the midfield to the attackers. Take off Sissoko, move Ndombele deeper and bring in someone to play at the 10. Probably Lamela since our best options are injured.

Yep at least lamela and ndombele try and play it forward.

Unfortunately not, just said the same thing. Is it to much to ask for a bit of heart and effort? That's the bit that really gets me. Time for another beer.
Heart?? are you fucking mad?? Also imagine a footballer earning 100,000 a week been able to pass a ball. Or a defender actually not swinging repeatedly at the ball while on the ground till he catches someone. Or a manager that knows how to set up a team properly thats getting 15 mil a year?
No sure not us. A fucking shambles alround at this club. Dier can go fuck himself. Bring on sanchez

So I've realised that our team falls into 3 categories;
Those who simply aren't good enough...
Those who are OK, but are just stupid....
And those who ARE good enough, but don't seem to give a shit....

....and then there's Winks!

Lloris, Ndombele, Højbjerg and Son are supppsrd to be our best players (on paper) but even they've struggled tonight to carry the other 7....

Where the FUCK do we go from here?

Dodging trophies?
:levystare:

Over ENIC's tenure our turnover has gone from <8% of the world's wealthiest club to around 40%. We built maybe the best stadium in the world and one of the greatest training centres in football.

He's made some horrific mistakes on the footballing side of running the club, but Tottenham Hotspur are much, much, much better off for his efforts elsewhere in running the club. Refuting that requires blinders.

We need a DoF to run the footballing side, but we'd be stupid as fuck to lose Levy as Chairman.

Our problem is midfield.

Has been for a while, now.

There's nothing there to properly join our game up between defence and attack.

No fluidity through the phases.

Detached and not compact.

In short: we're not playing football.
It needs a defender in there ... a young one ... ball playing one ... anyone. You know em all

Back
Top Bottom