West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not saying hiring Jose has been shown to be the right decision, it looks more and more like the wrong one.

What I am saying is they were wrong to be insanely negative from the very start and they were wrong to never give him a chance.

They have said they go into games now hoping we lose so he might get sacked. I know there is no "right" way to support your club, but I find wanting your team to lose to be pretty poor.
short term pain = long term gain.

I should be livid about losing to West Ham. Instead I am apathetic.

If strongly don't believe in something, like we don't believe in Mourinho, then we go all in.

It was the same with Sherwood too.

short term pain = long term gain.

I should be livid about losing to West Ham. Instead I am apathetic.

If strongly don't believe in something, like we don't believe in Mourinho, then we go all in.

It was the same with Sherwood too.
I don't disagree and I've said I want him gone at this point too. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Yep.
You could say if the match at WHL went an extra ten minutes we maybe could have lost.

Shoulda woulda coulda ... it’s neither here nor there. Mourinho is failing at his job.

Table doesn’t lie. We are 9 points behind a bang average west Han squad. Unacceptable.
Cor yeah. West ham are bang average. Tactics are launch to antonio and hope for the best. Even jose couldnt figure that one out.

What a weird match because aside from their two goals I thought we played pretty well, especially for the last 30 minutes.

It's astounding a foul was not called prior to their first goal, Reggie was run over. No call. The ref in general had a shocker in the first half, disgraceful from him. Obviously the second goal we allowed was a clown show. We just cannot seem to stop ourselves from committing those handful of moments of madness.

I think a loss is a very harsh result for us given our performance but that's football.

It's unfortunate that Son was so wasteful. He is probably suffering from the insane number of minutes he's racked up.

Dele man, what happened to this guy? Absolutely toilet when he came on.

The only reason we had more ball was because they scored early in both halves.

12 points from 12 games is horrific.

That second half performance doesn't look like a team who isn't playing for the manager, but theres has to be a decision made with the defence. Dier and Sanchez cannot start again.
Think you’ll find it’s 11 points from 12 games. We were too MW12 on 25 points one head of Leicester and spam on 20. Leicester have got 25 points in that time and spam have gained 9 points on us. Not very good really. Wonder what spin the jose fanboys will put on that!

I don't think he fancies Tanganga much, he dragged him off at half time today. I doubt he would trust him at centre-back.
Well fuck look at who he does trust dier and to some extent Dav and Doh. Didn’t get the Doh sub why not start him in the first place if he didn’t think Tanganga was going to be attacking enough. Obviously tells you that he started a more defensive player first. I’m sure Doh could have started.

I'm just giving what I think is an honest assessment of our performance. I thought we attacked fairly well overall and then in the last 30 minutes we were quite dangerous.

Was it a great performance? No. Did we deserve to win? Probably not. Was it our worst game of football ever? Certainly not.

The point of these threads is to discuss the game no? Not endless cry about the manager and slag off every one of our players.

It wasn’t a criticism of you as much of a comment on how fans have now been forced to focus on ifs and maybes now rather than the results on the field.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Rodon - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Lucas - Bale - Son
Kane
That should be our starting 11 from now on. Once Lo Celso is fit then Bale out wide and Lo Celso in the middle.
Sort of agree but may be give Lloris a jolt and drop him for hart or whoever else is backup. Not many games to manage. Could always swap in gio for bale or Lucas if required but stick to a proper first 11 and the others have to fight for their place and the ones in the first 11 know they need to perform to stay in. Max 2/3 games shit and your out including Kane and son. Sometimes we look far more dangerous when Kane is out but still have him playing than anyone else.

so you think by replacing two utter donkeys with two CB's who can actually play football wouldnt make a difference?

yes jose has got a lot wrong, but theres no system that works with the defenders we have. they cant defend or play football. CB's have to have some quality with the ball at their feet as they are constantly on the ball these days with the whole game in front of them, stick two donkeys out there and no wonder the footballs shit! because they dont have the class to set things off from the back! poor decisions, poor weight of pass, poor first touch...sort that out and things will look a hell of a lot brighter...and yes jose is to blame for that as hes had long enough to sort that problem out! we havent looked good since prime toby and jan..two CB's who could actually use the ball!

Jose has Toby that can do that and look how often he has him on the bench.

Jose also has shown zero indication that with CBs that have that ability that he will want them to play that way.

I would love nothing more than to have CB’s that can play the ball but with Jose it will have little to no effect as he will not play a style that uses them effectively.

Im getting a bit annoyed with this word trust with jose. Hes alienating players doing that. Hes creating havoc in team and the only person he trusts knowing he will get a big pay off when hes fired. Hes very forunate fans arent allowed in stadium. Would have reached toxic levels by now and not good to see.

Jose has Toby that can do that and look how often he has him on the bench.

Jose also has shown zero indication that with CBs that have that ability that he will want them to play that way.

I would love nothing more than to have CB’s that can play the ball but with Jose it will have little to no effect as he will not play a style that uses them effectively.
i agree toby should be starting even though hes a little over the hill hes still our best CB hands down.

all styles benefit from having two CB's who can actually play out from the back. all the best sides have CB's who are useful on the ball. they are usually the easy pass from the midfield when they are in danger so its only logical that you need players there who can play a bit, as they are going to be seeing a lot of the ball. sanchez and dier are not footballers! even the sideways passing to each other is unerhit and poorly timed.

This team has a mental problem. It lingers around our club like a fart in a school changing room. Until that is sorted we will keep losing to the sports direct clad, 99p hair gel degenerates over in canning town.

Back
Top Bottom