Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

can we have our two points from newcastle back?
whilst I dont think that (in the man u game) is a penalty, they've changed guidelines mid season. This today (and Dier's against newcastle) are a great example of why you cant and shouldnt do that

can we have our two points from newcastle back?
whilst I dont think that (in the man u game) is a penalty, they've changed guidelines mid season. This today (and Dier's against newcastle) are a great example of why you cant and shouldnt do that

They’re just making it up as they go along. I’ve no idea how they are allowed to change it mid season even if it was a stupid rule at the start.

EvVAgwgWQAMXYuk

I see Torres has put on a bit of muscle.

:mourshock:

They’re just making it up as they go along. I’ve no idea how they are allowed to change it mid season even if it was a stupid rule at the start.
they didnt change the rule so much, they asked refs to interpret it differently. its nonsense. its like having VAR only available for ties in premiership grounds in the FA cup. It establishes different playing conditions within the same competition (same with Egg chansing. Only Televised games have the video ref. which means TV companies are having a direct influence on the competition. which is an outrage)

Assuming we've given up on 2nd/3rd, the irony of today is that we are supposed to be happy Arse have won... and maybe Man Utd could do us a favour too????

Grrrr.... relying on other teams' results to help us out really sucks!

Had we taken care of business before today, then we wouldn't have to!

Assuming we've given up on 2nd/3rd, the irony of today is that we are supposed to be happy Arse have won... and maybe Man Utd could do us a favour too????

Grrrr.... relying on other teams' results to help us out really sucks!

Had we taken care of business before today, then we wouldn't have to!

Yesterday Fernandinho gave away a FK in the last minute and WHU nearly equalised.
Unfortunately when we gave away dopey FKs we weren't so lucky.

So would you rather carry on with a stupid rule just because we were one of the many teams that lost out because of it?
speaking for myself, I would rather all teams played under the same rules , and guidance towards the interpretation of said rules, for a full season. IMO, to change those rules, or issue new guidelines towards the way those rules should be interpreted, during the seaon, is wrong.

Whether or not the team I support has been disadvanted by the previous interpretation, or benefits from the new one, doesnt matter.

speaking for myself, I would rather all teams played under the same rules , and guidance towards the interpretation of said rules, for a full season. IMO, to change those rules, or issue new guidelines towards the way those rules should be interpreted, during the seaon, is wrong.

Whether or not the team I support has been disadvanted by the previous interpretation, or benefits from the new one, doesnt matter.

But all teams were and are. Before they changed the interpretation all teams were playing under the stupid version, then they changed it and now all teams are subject to the new interpretation,

But all teams were and are. Before they changed the interpretation all teams were playing under the stupid version, then they changed it and now all teams are subject to the new interpretation,
and therefore, midseason, the playing conditions have changed.

teams that have been punished under a guidline that has since been changed were disadvantaged. its not fair, and, IMO, affects the integrity of the competition as a whole.

and therefore, midseason, the playing conditions have changed.

teams that have been punished under a guidline that has since been changed were disadvantaged. its not fair, and, IMO, affects the integrity of the competition as a whole.

Yes they did, but they have changed for everyone. We might have suffered more decisions against us if they didn’t change the rule, because it was so stupid and arbitrary. I’d rather change it mid season and not have to risk us or anyone else being penalised any more by it.

Back
Top Bottom