Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would star in any Premier League team and some dumbasses on here want him sold. Unbeliveable how stupid some people are.

I don't want to see him sold and think it is unlikely we are better if we sell him versus keep him but I am at least wiling to listen to arguments in favor of selling him for a massive price and then re-investing the money to strengthen our team overall. I don't think it is the way to go especially with this manager and Levy/Hitchens but it is at least worth listening to/considering.

The ridiculous notion that we sell Son and replace him with Grealish or Pulisic to make us better, those I agree are dumb, dumb, dumb.

an attacker who struggles to play simple passes, and breaks down plays a lot is a pretty damning weakness imo.

yea sons stats are exceptional when up against a team who plays an open game, against sides that sit deep and compact he is as useless as winks...well maybe not as useless as that but you get the point.

the point was made that he would fetch 80m and would be wise if we was to ever sell him the time would be now. all i said was i agreed and if we got a player like grealish for a similar price we would of been upgraded as hes an all round better footballer than son.

as i said i like son hes lethal against certain opposition but hes not world class and he shouldnt be on the team sheet as quick as the likes of kane as hes not well rounded enough to deal with different types of teams. you can not play a possession based game with son in the side, and apparently no one likes the counter game...
Shit manager = shit team selection/subs/formation = poor performances.

You do realise what forum you are on, or have I missed the keep it "high brow" memo?

I would hope that even on this forum certain words are still off limits or over the line.

It is certainly possible to argue/insult/deride other users without resorting to using offensive terms like retard.

I would hope that even on this forum certain words are still off limits or over the line.

It is certainly possible to argue/insult/deride other users without resorting to using offensive terms like retard.
I agree to an extent, but a word is only as offensive as u allow it to be. I don't think anyone on here means certain words as they are meant to actually be. offence isn't a tangible thing, its a subjectable thing. I mean if I call someone a cunt, it certainly isn't suggesting they are a vagina. i think a lot of people come on here to vent about certain things. I mean retard, we no what it means but does anyone uses it truly thinking the other poster is "retarded" i very much doubt it. So is it the use of the word, or the targeting someone the problem?

I agree to an extent, but a word is only as offensive as u allow it to be. I don't think anyone on here means certain words as they are meant to actually be. offence isn't a tangible thing, its a subjectable thing. I mean if I call someone a cunt, it certainly isn't suggesting they are a vagina. i think a lot of people come on here to vent about certain things. I mean retard, we no what it means but does anyone uses it truly thinking the other poster is "retarded" i very much doubt it. So is it the use of the word, or the targeting someone the problem?

The problem is that the word retarded has negative effects when used as it promotes a negative stigma against a specific group of people. Like insults based on sexual preference, gender and race it is a word that we should remove from our usage as an insult.

Cunt, while offensive to some people who don't like its use, doesn't degrade a specific group other than the person you are directing it at.

The problem is that the word retarded has negative effects when used as it promotes a negative stigma against a specific group of people. Like insults based on sexual preference, gender and race it is a word that we should remove from our usage as an insult.

Cunt, while offensive to some people who don't like its use, doesn't degrade a specific group other than the person you are directing it at.
I agree, but lets take a film, "The Wolf of Wallstreet" I mean major successful movie, I loved it, did you?

I think most people with any grounding in reality realise that words like 'retard' or 'spastic' are massively derogatory.

There's plenty of alternatives available that are less offensive to people born with certain conditions.

I know you're not anti PC or anti woke, but it's just worth highlighting how certain marginalising words can be avoided.

Again, not aimed at you, but no need for people to be obviously abusive for no reason other than being a prick.

I think most people with any grounding in reality realise that words like 'retard' or 'spastic' are massively derogatory.

There's plenty of alternatives available that are less offensive to people born with certain conditions.

I know you're not anti PC or anti woke, but it's just worth highlighting how certain marginalising words can be avoided.

Again, not aimed at you, but no need for people to be obviously abusive for no reason other than being a prick.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I don't use those words but I just find it odd that comics and mainstream movies use them like "The Wolf of Wall street ", and there are plenty more, even TV Shows with no come back, but if someone uses them on a small forum people seem to get all offended. Again I don't think you will find any posts of mine using such words, its just odd how in some places people find such offence, its basically playground bullshit.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I don't use those words but I just find it odd that comics and mainstream movies use them like "The Wolf of Wall street ", and there are plenty more, even TV Shows with no come back, but if someone uses them on a small forum people seem to get all offended. Again I don't think you will find any posts of mine using such words, its just odd how in some places people find such offence, its basically playground bullshit.

I wasn't criticising you.

I think Wolf of Wall Street is a vile film funded by the people who financially destroyed the planet in 2008, and wanted to rebrand as savvy wise guys.

So I consider that a bad example.

Wasn't part of Wolf of Wallstreet to show how disgusting and awful these guys were?

Them using it is in part showing that it is wrong to use it. I am not sure you are supposed to watch it and think that Jonah Hill and Leo's character are cool guys to emulate.

I wasn't criticising you.

I think Wolf of Wall Street is a vile film funded by the people who financially destroyed the planet in 2008, and wanted to rebrand as savvy wise guys.

So I consider that a bad example.
Well I liked it, but yeah i get why people would not. I've known u a long time and always respected your opinion on matters. But cinema has a long history of *making fun*.

Wasn't part of Wolf of Wallstreet to show how disgusting and awful these guys were?

Them using it is in part showing that it is wrong to use it. I am not sure you are supposed to watch it and think that Jonah Hill and Leo's character are cool guys to emulate.
It was a comedy bio *at a stretch* pic.

Well I liked it, but yeah i get why people would not. I've known u a long time and always respected your opinion on matters. But cinema has a long history of *making fun*.
Yeah absolutely and the feeling is mutual. Glad you found your way to FC.

It's just not a film I like, and I'm quite cynical about their use of those words.

And it literally has one of my favourite people in the world featuring (and no it's not Leo).

It's just not a film I like, and I'm quite cynical about their use of those words.

And it literally has one of my favourite people in the world featuring (and no it's not Leo).
Its McConaughey isn't it, I always knew you were a beach trainer! :balescream: I lurked here for a while, and pulled me in.

Big Kyle Chandler fan huh? I'm right there with you.

Back
Top Bottom