Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t say I have watched them much , but what has gone so wrong for Liverpool? After they smashed palace all over the place everyone though they had won the league , now they could end up in 9th!

In the strange circumstances of this season, a bad result can become a bad run incredibly quickly even for the best teams. The injuries, the brutal schedule, the lack of fans, together with bad results they can destroy a team's confidence. It happened to everybody this season. City, United and Woolwich in the first part of the season, us and Everton around the halfway mark, Chelsea before they sacked Fatty, Liverpool now.

It's also never easy to defend a title and they have not played with the same fire after winning it, just like what happened to Leicester and Chelsea when they won it recently. They already scaled Everest and the top 4 dogfight doesn't seem to excite their players without 50k fans screaming. Liverpool aren't really doing anything horribly wrong they are just stuck in a rut. It smells exactly like Klopp's last season at Dortmund.

If you told me before the season he could be sacked I would not have believed it.

I still don't think we are to that point yet but the fact that it's even conceivable is incredible.
FSG are selling a 10% stake for about $500m, which will help offset the COVID losses that Liverpool and the Red Sox had over the past year or so. So with that cash influx, I think they keep Klopp and try and refresh in the summer and see what happens.

Really, they've basically played the same 11-14 players every match for 3 years - it's no surprise with this condensed schedule that they are picking up injuries and just not looking as sharp. Also, they bought no players in summer 2019, so they are behind from a squad management perspective.

Why the fuck didn't we take the game to Liverpool? They're shockingly average, completely fallen off a cliff
In the first game, they still had confidence, also their game plan of taking Kane out through a kicking worked out, it's why the first game was such a blow because mourinho's preparation could be cancelled by such a simple thing as tactical fouls and successful attempts to injure one player.

People make a song and dance about Brighton and Southampton, but Fulham play better football than either of them.

Think it shows there are some really good managers here. Granted one of these three is Austrian, but England is having a bit of a generation coming through in Potter, Parker, Gerrard and even Frank even though he was fired and needs to learn. I am sure there are more. Did the federation put major efforts into manager training?

FSG are selling a 10% stake for about $500m, which will help offset the COVID losses that Liverpool and the Red Sox had over the past year or so. So with that cash influx, I think they keep Klopp and try and refresh in the summer and see what happens.

Really, they've basically played the same 11-14 players every match for 3 years - it's no surprise with this condensed schedule that they are picking up injuries and just not looking as sharp. Also, they bought no players in summer 2019, so they are behind from a squad management perspective.
Mane, Thiago, Fabinho and TAA are all on the bench. He seems to be saving them for Leipzig even though they have a 2 goal lead and are at home in the second leg. That looks a bit like panic mode.

Think it shows there are some really good managers here. Granted one of these three is Austrian, but England is having a bit of a generation coming through in Potter, Parker, Gerrard and even Frank even though he was fired and needs to learn. I am sure there are more. Did the federation put major efforts into manager training?

Shame that Potter had to go to the depths of Sweden to actuslly get this oppertunity though instead of being handed jobs on name value.

Credit to Fulham and their leadership. They didn't give up on Parker halfway through when they sure could have. Still a lot of work to do, but if he keeps them up they will take an Aston Villa type step I have a feeling.

If you told me before the season he could be sacked I would not have believed it.

I still don't think we are to that point yet but the fact that it's even conceivable is incredible.
After they beat us in the CL I said (dunno whether here or not) that he would struggle and maybe find himself in trouble/sacked/walk at some stage.

I was just 18 months too soon!!

Cavaliero is really bad. He's fast and has decent technique, but he really has a pea brain in the final third. If they could upgrade him with David Brooks or someone that can finish, they would be safe from relegation.

Back
Top Bottom