Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think it shows there are some really good managers here. Granted one of these three is Austrian, but England is having a bit of a generation coming through in Potter, Parker, Gerrard and even Frank even though he was fired and needs to learn. I am sure there are more. Did the federation put major efforts into manager training?
Maybe this is all downstream from English players becoming more tactically/technically minded after being behind their continental counterparts (I mean Christ, look at some of the punditry we've had to endure for years).

Now we're getting the more astute English players retire and go into management and the fruits of that are finally showing.

Or I'm talking bollocks. I'm not sure.

Just think this through.
If the result stays the way it is, and the teams below Liverpool win/pick up points in games in hand then after 28 played LFC could be in 9th below us and Villa and only a point ahead of the Goons.

Worst champions defence ever.

Think it shows there are some really good managers here. Granted one of these three is Austrian, but England is having a bit of a generation coming through in Potter, Parker, Gerrard and even Frank even though he was fired and needs to learn. I am sure there are more. Did the federation put major efforts into manager training?
In the last 10-20 years the game has been a lot more demanding of players - their fitness, professionalism, determination, everything. Intelligence too? Skills transferable to management.

Maybe with players that are getting better, there's a better pool of ex-pros going into management? If so, Parker a good example imo.

UP till about 20 years ago, a lot more of the players in the PL got there through natural ability, which is non-transferable to management.

Remember when Pep took Redmond aside after that game and gave him that private one on one? I do wonder what Pep can do for attackers.

Players like Redmond, Lookman and so forth have the qualities you want: work rate, pace, agility, technique; but lack the ability to finish.

He did something similar for Sterling, who granted looked much more of a star than the aforementioned players, but I do wonder. Do they have goals in them or are they always going to be "almost" players.

Just think this through.
If the result stays the way it is, and the teams below Liverpool win/pick up points in games in hand then after 28 played LFC could be in 9th below us and Villa and only a point ahead of the Goons.

Worst champions defence ever.
Not to want to defend Liverpool, but Leicester finished 12th on 44 points following their title win.

It'd be tough for Liverpool to match/do worse than that but god I pray they do.
:avbpray:

RLC on loan.
What exactly is he?
Can't see Chelsea getting any kind of decent fee for him.
I was toying with this during their last game. He should watch Dembele tape and try to make that his career instead of being an AM. So basically follow Dembele's career arch. He will never be as good, but has similar qualities.

The 6 points Liverpool took off us this season is looking more and more ridiculous, as it was annoying!

Literally from the day they beat us at Anfield, they've gone onto lose the next FIVE (and Perhaps SIX after today!)

Dr Tottenham really does work in mysterious ways!

Not to want to defend Liverpool, but Leicester finished 12th on 44 points following their title win.

It'd be tough for Liverpool to match/do worse than that but god I pray they do.
:avbpray:
Leicester were barely PL standard the year before. Performed the biggest fluke ever then reverted back to type.

Liverpool won after back-to-back champions league finals and pushing the 100 point City side.
To have fallen this far is a worse defence of a title than Leicester given factors extending beyond just points.

Atletico 1-0 Real

Great run from Diego Llorente and Suarez with a nice finish. Trippier involved in the beginning of the play as well.

I think I'm adding Parker to the list of managers I'd have to replace our dinosaur.

He's not in the top group, mainly because of actual experience, but I love they way they play (much better than us) and I'd take all of our old staff back in a heartbeat of which there are many now working at Fulham.

Back
Top Bottom